PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster

BraindG
06-09-2003, 12:37 PM
I went to alton towers on friday.. and i started thinking..

for next year would anyone fancy a day out to alton towers, or thorpe park?

just an idea really..

Spirit
06-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Yeah should be up for that - not sure I fancy parking the VR4 in the public car parks though:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Probably bring the Mondeo instead:D

Brind
06-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Thorpe Park is very crap!

Alton Towers is excellent though.
Chessington is good too but it's much smaller than Alton Towers.

Could be a good idea though.:)

BraindG
06-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Brind
Thorpe Park is very crap!
:Cry1: But..But...But its got Nemesis Inferno and Colossus.

Nemesis at AT is the best ive been on for a while.. on friday me and a mte went on it 5 times in a row :D we could walk straight on cos there were no Q's..

ive never been to thorpe park thought.. but its got two monster rides :devil4:

Brind
06-09-2003, 05:39 PM
It has only recently got some proper rides though.
When I went as a kid the place was just made up with actual swings and slides and adventure playground type crap.
Plus very minor moving rides.

Certainly no comparison to the others, you may as well go to Paultons park or Legoland mate. :D

Went to Magic Mountain in the states a few years back, that was superb!!! pretty much all they had was rollercoasters including some rickety wooden ones! :cool: in many parts of the track if you raised your hands they would literally be ripped off by the very low beams! :beerbang:

Brind
06-09-2003, 05:45 PM
This is one of the wooden coaster: http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/rides/colossus.asp?id=rides&rideid=thrills

But this one can rip your arms off: http://www.sixflags.com/parks/magicmountain/rides/psyclone.asp?id=rides&rideid=thrills :cool:

SGHOM
06-09-2003, 07:30 PM
definatley a no - no for me !!!:nono: I dont mind pulling G's in my legnum, but not on one of those rides: as a matter of fact, I ain't sure how I'm gonna get to I O M . me & water do not get on !!! I was sick on a pedalo last year 10 ft from shore !!!:Cry1:

Brind
06-09-2003, 08:19 PM
So I take it that the arm ripping wooden ride doesn't appeal to you then? :Ponder:

LOL :D

Kieran
13-09-2003, 08:59 PM
I think that's a good idea INSERT INTO post VALUES (the visit to a theme park - not getting one's limbs removed:))

lisa
14-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Ohhhh Brind dont forget the Thorpe farm that you could either get the train or the boat !!!!

And who could forget the viking ships, with the stuffed lion in the cage, and the Excaliber sword that used to come out of the water on a timer !

I used too only live a few miles from Thorpe Park.
Great place to go when you were supposed to be at school :angel2: