PDA

View Full Version : Bonnets

Springie
22-10-2005, 07:09 AM
I've done a search already but all the links are outdated and don't work.
Is there anywhere in NZ the sells the EVO 6 type (or similar) bonnets for legnums?

cheers

You See
22-10-2005, 07:11 AM
This looks like one for you Pescha! :chugchug:

bradc
22-10-2005, 12:27 PM
www.speedfactory.co.nz, I just bought a bonnet from them a few days ago, I'd recommend you go there. The guy is based in Parnell.

Springie, I saw a white facelift legnum going down Anzac street the other day with tinted rear lights, was that you? The car had an aftermarket grill and bumper, and the numberplate started with a C

Springie
22-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Nup, I'm in Hamilton. That pictures in my signature is my legnum and i just paint shop pro'd the tint on to see what it would look like.

If i had a spare set of tail lights i'd give it a go for real, just don't want to mess them up. Especially if they are illegal(dunno if they are or not as LTNZ only says a film cannot be applied).

But my number plate does start with C :thumbsup:

Springie
23-10-2005, 02:09 AM
www.speedfactory.co.nz, I just bought a bonnet from them a few days ago

How much are they? Firbreglass? and do you need bonnet pins?

bradc
23-10-2005, 02:13 AM
I am thinking of painting my rear lights like I've attached, or I might just apply a really dark film over that area. I don't see any point it putting a film over the actual lights.

You should contact speedfactory, the guy is really nice and friendly. Just beware a bonnet will not fit in the back of a Legnum (I tried :embarasse ) You'll either need a trailer or another car if you do want to pick your bonnet up from speedfactory. Just say Brad sent you, he might give you a good price ;)

bradc
23-10-2005, 02:17 AM
my bonnet was $750, it is not an evo style one, but still has vents. Mine is fibreglass. I think he has fibreglass evo style ones in stock at the moment as well.

What do you mean by bonnet pins? To hold it down? No, it uses the factory mounts.

Springie
23-10-2005, 03:57 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/MrSpringie/bak.jpg

Thats what i was thinking for doing (but keeping the LEGNUM at the back chrome). But i dont know if i like it enough or not to actually do it. If i had a spare set i would.

dreamer
23-10-2005, 05:47 AM
Stretched panty hose does a 'good' tint job on the rear tail lights...

Not that I would ever do that to a VR-4 though... maybe a Scooby.

bradc
23-10-2005, 05:50 AM
nice mags, are they 18's?

My car is one of the first facelifts, made in december 98, so it doesn't have the legnum in chrome written across the back. There was an ugly piece of grey plastic there with legnum written on it, which I ripped off straight away. Doing it your way means you may have issues with wof's as well.

bradc
23-10-2005, 05:53 AM
dreamer, stop wearing pantyhose, the pain will go away ;) You have it easy, there is lots you can do to the tail lights on your car, but for the facelift cars there are less options out there.

Springie
23-10-2005, 06:04 AM
I've been down the pantyhose route, on my previous cars, just for a laugh.
Could try it, the only thing is the legnum badge will be coverd. Might give it a go though. I'm not sure about the WOF, all it says is it has to visible 100m in day and 200m at night or something like that, and not film applied.
I just wonder if tint paint can be classed a film? ive seen an audi with it done and they had no wof problems. But thats why i need spare set just in case.

nice mags, are they 18's?
Who me? mine are 17's and i want new ones. They came with the car, they are Speed Star Racing which i think is an ok jap brand.

bradc
23-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Just take it to a nice friendly wof place, and NOT vtnz, you should be fine. Lots of cars have their rear lights tinted.

I think your white mags look good on the car. Darkish mags look good too on white legnums imho, just please don't go with big heavy chrome mags.

Springie
23-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Hell no, no chromes. The wheels arent too bad, just they seem to have to flatter face. I rekon leggies look better with wheels with a slight lip.
I was thinking of getting some darker ones but haven't found any good ones yet.

For the rear lights i think i'll just leave them unless some 2nd hand ones come up some time.

At the moment was just thinking about a bonnet, as it gets real hot under there.

bradc
23-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Thats why I want to get my bonnet, it is really hot in there. I'm not sure how much of a differance a vented bonnet will make, but I'm sure there will be a differance.

ShadyNZer
24-10-2005, 05:16 AM
just please don't go with big heavy chrome mags.
chromes are beauuutifullllll

bradc
24-10-2005, 06:35 AM
the style of chromes you have are quite nice, I absolutely hate the big heavy ugly ones like half the ones on this page http://www.liveupdater.com/magandturbo/MAGwarehouse.asp I especially hate the sinista, assault, kaos, and enigma ones.

bradc
24-10-2005, 06:39 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=103094#post103094

springie, are you keen for one of these style bonnets, or do you prefer the evo style one?

Springie
24-10-2005, 11:34 PM
hmm i don't know they both look good. I'll wait and see till you have painted yours. Shame about it not fitting good straight away though