PDA

View Full Version : Richard by name - dick by nature

Physician
22-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Doh!!

About a month ago someone said "that tyre looks a bit flat" (front offside).

Nah! I responded. It always looks flat but it's OK. I KNEW it was OK because the car wasn't pulling to one side in the slightest.

Then my wife said it looks a bit flat (what in the hell does she know!?)

Then last weekend at my brothers ...... HE said it looked a bit flat.

Yesterday my daughter said it looked flat. Bu**er this ......... I'll check it if so many people are saying it's flat (just to prove em all wrong!)

Ohhhhhhh! Only 24 Psi. So why wasn't the car pulling to one side?

Yep, you guessed it ........... the other one was 24 Psi also! The car is SO light now that I've upped them to 34 Psi.

I must have had a brain fart at some time and set an air pressure machine at 24 rather than 34 :embarasse

BraindG
22-10-2005, 06:25 PM
heheh, happens to the best of us :)

Jimbo
22-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Haha....I can sympathise, I had a similar dozy moment yesterday checking my tyre temps with a gauge. I checked the fronts were at 34 ish then went to the rears.....first one, 22..??? Hmm, ok, must need some air. Checked the second one....22 ?!! WTF!?!

Got out my compressor and before I even starting pumping it read 33. Hmm.....well I had trouble with my compressor giving odd readings when I was in Germany, so I borrowed HJM's.....but that also read 33. Huh??

I then realised the error of my ways....the pressure gauge I was using has a little innocuous button for switching between PSI and bar.....and I had pressed it by accident - it wasn't 22 PSI I was reading, but in fact 2.2 BAR. DOH ! :rolleyes4