PDA

View Full Version : Emm

The Vee
23-10-2005, 04:47 PM
The Eastern Mini Meet. Thanks to all who attended, and to the HJM's patience (the only ones to arrive on time!!) PSB arrived at mine where exchanged various bits and pieces of motor car, and then off to the local Tesco's to meet Wodjno. A phone call to Wodj finds he's just got up, so anticipating a wait for him, I couldn't believe it when, just before we get there, this silver bullet screams past me, just where he came from, I do not know!! So 3 car convoy to Duxford, plus a fuel stop for a Leggy( :embarasse ) where we met HJM, who had this strange notion about V6's taking so long /pan . We then had a Pub lunch which was particularly good. After that, Mykey arrived with his very nice V6 sport. As time was getting on a bit, HJM's started their journey back South and the rest of us convoyed off to look at a Vr4 for sale at Ware (poor Mrs Wodj!). Think the salesman felt overwhelmed as the 4 cars arrived and we all mob this VR4. He just stood back as we all crawled over it. After using the forecourt for another staging post (bout an hour /pan ) we let the dealer close and all headed back. As 3 of us all were going the same way, there was of course a little "entertainment" including a porche being intimidated. Bit like a load of vultures decending upon him !! Finished off with a coffee at Wodj's.
Although it was short, it was good to get together with Club members and made an enjoyable day ( Afternoon /pan :embarasse )

psbarham
23-10-2005, 05:05 PM
it was a very agreeable day , shame it was a late start (sorry heath and Jane) , it was great to meet everyone again , the pub was a great find and the food was most excellent along with the company and heaths tales of track heroics :thumbsup: , and a big hello to mykey :thumbsup: typical new member so many questions so little time .
As for the Porsche ?? the only one i saw was the one glen and myself chased after on the way down , i think Mr the Vee you are referring to the point on the way home that you and Glenn buggered off into the distance while i hunted around for my mobile to read a text from she who thinks she must be obeyed :inquisiti by the time i realized you were no longer behind me you were long gone , 5 ish miles at nearly 2 miles a minute and still no sign of you :rolleyes4 , mind you according to the sat nav the journey should have taken 2 1/2 hrs , 1 1/2 hrs later i was home safe i think the car was glad of the rest after the back roads round this way :evil2: heres to the next one :chugchug:

Wodjno
23-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes.. Good to see everyone :thumbsup: By the way it wasn't my fault we were late, honest. Plenty of photo's on HJM's laptop in the pub with a tale or 2 to go with each. /yes Nice to have met you MYKEY, although it was short and sweet , like was said , so many questions and so little time.. /Hmmm
The poor Geeze at the Mitsu Garage just kept saying "WELL YOU PROBABLY KNOW ALOT MORE ABOUT THESE CARS THAN I DO" well take the PROBABLY out of his statement and he was definitely right. :inquisiti
Sorry Paul.. I rang Andy and asked where you had gone, he said you were testing out your CC. /pan
As for the Porsche that Andy was referring to, it's the 1 that joined the A1 at the A14 Slip Road.. After a bit of antagonising from Myself and Andy, he did take the bait :evil2: But i think he must have got told off by his Missus at just over 2 miles a minute or maybe it was me coming by him at 2 1/2 miles a minute that dissuaded him from playing anymore.. He was a good Sport anyhow as all 3 of us then trundled back towards home, and i slowed so he was at the side of me as i was turning off and he gave us a smile as i put my hand upto him to say cheers for the entertainment.. :thumbsup:

All in all a good day, but maybe next time we'll actually make it into Duxford Air Museum. /Hmmm

psbarham
23-10-2005, 09:41 PM
while i think about it , Glen your nearside brake light isn't working :thumbsup:

bradc
23-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good time :D

Spirit
23-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Sounds like a great time, sorry we couldn't make this one :embarasse

Wodjno
23-10-2005, 11:04 PM
while i think about it , Glen your nearside brake light isn't working :thumbsup:

If you had got a bit closer and given it a tap for me , then it would have been :inquisiti

But /pan
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
"YOU COULDN'T KEEP UP"

Now who was it that mentioned that V6's were SLOW /Nuuu /lol :toilet: :joker:

psbarham
24-10-2005, 07:58 AM
If you had got a bit closer and given it a tap for me , then it would have been :inquisiti

But /pan
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
"YOU COULDN'T KEEP UP"

Now who was it that mentioned that V6's were SLOW /Nuuu /lol :toilet: :joker:
who was it that caught me up 1/2 an hr later on the A1 ? and even then it was because of that road block the police set up /yes

Wodjno
24-10-2005, 08:53 AM
who was it that caught me up 1/2 an hr later on the A1 ? and even then it was because of that road block the police set up /yes

Sorry Dude.. But that wasn't my fault.. /Hmmm

Thats because..
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I had to show another V6the way home. /yes
And you know how slow they are.. /pan

psbarham
24-10-2005, 08:57 AM
who got outdragged by a v6 at hampton huh ????

The Vee
24-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Sorry Dude.. But that wasn't my fault.. /Hmmm

Thats because..
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I had to show another V6the way home. /yes
And you know how slow they are.. /pan

And who got killed by a V6 when taking a nap at the lights /grr /Handbag :thumbsup: :drummer: /pan

/well, for 300 yards anyway !!

Wodjno
24-10-2005, 09:06 AM
And who got killed by a V6 when taking a nap at the lights /grr /Handbag :thumbsup: :drummer: /pan

/well, for 300 yards anyway !!

Thanks Andy .. :thumbsup:
For pointing out that i was actually asleep at the time this drag was taking place.. :smug:
300yds :inquisiti It wasn't quite that far Andy /Hmmm

MYKEY
24-10-2005, 02:39 PM
A GREAT DAY!! :thumbsup:.. :thinking: ..i mean afternoon, i hope everybody enjoyed themselves as much as i did. Apologies for being even later than expected (i'am sure somebody moved duxford /help /Steeringw ) the drive to ware was great fun especially the roundabouts :rolleyes4 (must get new shocks & springs) It was great to meet you all, if only for a few minutes in heath and janes case (sorry guys :embarasse) you made me feel very welcome, i look forward to the next meet, until then.. :chugchug: :happy: :2thumbsup

psbarham
24-10-2005, 02:44 PM
the drive to ware was great fun especially the roundabouts :rolleyes4 (must get new shocks & springs) that was quite funny in front of me was glen exiting the roundabouts nice and flat , mine fealt nice and flat in the mirror andys was nice and flat and then mykeys , well i'm sure he was trying to get his mirror to scrape the road :rolleyes4 well it was nice to meet you , and thats a sweet looking V6 ,third best colour :inquisiti

HJM
24-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Sounds like we missed the best bit - great to see you all again and sorry for the extended photo session in the pub :embarasse

Just to prove it did happen..........................

psbarham
24-10-2005, 07:23 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7310&stc=1&thumb=1
i think this photo proves which gets the most looks from the ladies , the car /yes or the driver :embarasse

Wodjno
24-10-2005, 08:47 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7310&stc=1&thumb=1
i think this photo proves which gets the most looks from the ladies , the car /yes or the driver :embarasse

Sorry Paul !!

Which 1's You ?? :joker: