PDA

View Full Version : Boost controllers

ghanda
23-10-2005, 09:53 PM
Looking at the mysterious World of AVC/XYZ/UPyerBum Electronic Boost Controllers and getting very confused.

What I'm looking for is a two step controller that allows me to run as per normal for every day use, and then with a flick of a switch/press of a button/raising of an eyebrow pushes boost upto 13psi. Not too fussed about fancy graphics as I already have a boost gauge.

What's out there oh learned ones, that work well on our cars and how easy are they to set up, install and can you reccomend anyone to do it?

bradc
23-10-2005, 10:30 PM
The AVC-R is the best one, but it is rather expensive and rather complicated to set up. BigDave is the expert on those ones.

Wouter
24-10-2005, 07:29 AM
If you have a look on E-bay at a shop called... 5400rpm..... He has the cheapest "Branded" boost controllers that I can find. I think the one's he is selling are the new BLiTZ Boost Controllers. They are really cool!

enigma
24-10-2005, 08:04 AM
The AVC-R is the best one, but it is rather expensive and rather complicated to set up. BigDave is the expert on those ones.

Cool! I am an expert!

The AVC-R is awesome, but quite fiddly and is not a plug and play job! However once you get it set up it is super versitile!

Expensive is relative - not sure of a better way to spend 200 notes to get a bit more from your motor!

bradc
24-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I meant expensive compared to other boost controllers of course. There are lots of other options out there of course, the greddy one is fairly popular.

jakester
24-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Greddy Profec B Spec 2 is probably the simplest EBC you could find, allows 2 boost setting (low and high), and, with the optional remote boost switching system you can have the button to switch low or high on you wheel while the B/C is in the glovebox out of the way :).

ghanda
24-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Ooh - thanks for that. Looks like the Greddy might be ideal. Has anyone fitted one to a VR before?

enigma
24-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Fitting any form of boost controller is the same! Its not a hard job.......there is a diagram kicking around somewhere!

pezza
24-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Ooh - thanks for that. Looks like the Greddy might be ideal. Has anyone fitted one to a VR before?

I believe NevGroom has one of these.... maybe he can give you the lowdown?

NevGroom
24-10-2005, 04:52 PM
I have indeed - Local mitsi fitted it during a service for £20. I haven't a clue how to set it up so it is still unused - You're welcome to come have a look - I'm over in Wokingham

Spirit
24-10-2005, 09:43 PM
I can also recommend the Blitz Dual Spec S for simplicity.......indeed I actually got it from 5400rpm as Wouter mentioned above. Had one on both VR4's and no issues

Springie
24-10-2005, 11:36 PM
I've got a GIZZMO EBC, not sure if you can get them over there. It's not as bling as the jap brands but does a awesome job and only 4 wires to connect up and a boost hose. Has 4 boost setting memory slots and tells you boost in PSI and Bar.

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/product_boost.htm