PDA

View Full Version : Valve timing

The Vee
24-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Does anyone have the valve timing figures for the 6A13tt and the 6A13n/a please?

psbarham
24-10-2005, 09:57 AM
6A 13 sohc
inlet opens at 15 degrees btdc
closes at 53 degreea atdc

exhaust opens at 53 degrees bbdc
closes at 15 degrees atdc
i can't find anything for the 6A13 tt

The Vee
24-10-2005, 11:07 AM
Ta PSB you're a star. :thumbsup:
Just need the tt timings now.
Not that I have any intention of doing it, but was there ever a DOHC 6A13 n/a engine? Seemed to find one or two references to it while searching the net for these timings. Unless it was a 6G72/3 /Hmmm

The Vee
26-10-2005, 01:04 AM
Still need the valve timing figures for the VR4 6A13tt if anyone can, pretty please and also the compression ratio of this engine /Hmmm

Kieran
26-10-2005, 07:27 AM
I don't know if it's any good, and I haven't the faintest clue how, but seeing as Paul and I will be trying to refit the timing belt to Ariadne this weekend, is there any way we can measure these values? :inquisiti

psbarham
26-10-2005, 06:53 PM
I don't know if it's any good, and I haven't the faintest clue how, but seeing as Paul and I will be trying to refit the timing belt to Ariadne this weekend, is there any way we can measure these values? :inquisiti
oh goody keirens brought some rocker cover gaskets , woo frigging hoo /help /wall

zentac
26-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Ta PSB you're a star. :thumbsup:
Just need the tt timings now.
Not that I have any intention of doing it, but was there ever a DOHC 6A13 n/a engine? Seemed to find one or two references to it while searching the net for these timings. Unless it was a 6G72/3 /Hmmm

Yes there is a 6A13 DOHC. With the same Cams as the 6A13TT. I got a set of cams out of one and had them re-profiled. We believe the engine was only ever build as either a proto-type or for crashtests. I know of only 3 in existance and Peter Lee has them all at Kempys, one is in his FTO. I keep nicking parts from one, and I think he still has one more complete one.

Kieran
26-10-2005, 08:42 PM
oh goody keirens brought some rocker cover gaskets , woo frigging hoo /help /wall

Oh yeah..... Good point!! /pan

Scratch that idea!! :oops: :embarasse

psbarham
26-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah..... Good point!! /pan

Scratch that idea!! :oops: :embarasse
thankyou :iloveyou:

The Vee
27-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Yes there is a 6A13 DOHC. With the same Cams as the 6A13TT. I got a set of cams out of one and had them re-profiled. We believe the engine was only ever build as either a proto-type or for crashtests. I know of only 3 in existance and Peter Lee has them all at Kempys, one is in his FTO. I keep nicking parts from one, and I think he still has one more complete one.

Hmmm cheers for that, So if the cams are the same, as the turbo version, I presume the compression ratio must be higher for the N/A version.

K, you might be able to get a rough idea from your method, but may be a little difficult to measure, but every little helps :thumbsup: /Hmmm

psbarham
27-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Still need the valve timing figures for the VR4 6A13tt if anyone can, pretty please and also the compression ratio of this engine /Hmmm
sorry to be the bearer of bad news , but mitsubishi don't even have any figures for the 6A13TT only the sohc version they were most suprised when i said i already know those ones :smartass: the only other thing you could try is a phone call to extreme