PDA

View Full Version : Tiptronic Flashing "N"

zentac
25-10-2005, 05:34 PM
This is an ever increasing problem so I thought I would put a few steps together for people to check.

Flashing N means that there is a problem with your Tiptronic gearbox, it could be one of any number of things.

Once youve checked your ATF levels try the following in this order...

1. Check to ensure there are no engine ECU error codes logged Read this Article (http://www.ftowa.com/html/workshop/workshopart07.html) If its reporting 24 - Speed sensors then these need changing. There are 2 sensors on top of the gearbox which simply unscrew with a phillips screwdriver.[30min job - £? cost]

2. ECU reset, disconnect the battery for 40mins [40min job - £0 cost]

3. Borrow an AT ECU from another owner [30min job - £0 cost]

4. Borrow an Engine ECU from another owner [30min job - £0 cost]

4. Change the gearbox oil [1hr job - £30 cost]

5. Change the 2 speed sensors, even if no error code was produced by step 1. they are fairly cheap. [30min job - £? cost]

6. No other option but to take it to a Mitsubishi Dealer. No error codes will be reported via their MUT II (as you didnt get any in step 1.) so chances are its time for a new gearbox. [weeks - £expensive]

NOTE : There are quite a few different part number for the ECU`s and Speed Sensors. So make sure you double check that you are fitting the correct ones!!

richy rich
25-10-2005, 06:05 PM
this is a good right up i presume that prier to doing this you have checked that you are not low on atf.
as i had flashing N it was just low on atf.

Wodjno
25-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Nice right up Richard.. :thumbsup: