PDA

View Full Version : Galant 6A13 NA SOHC V6 ECU & TCU

flipperds
26-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Greetings from the Philippines.

As I understand Mitsu released an 8G Galant 6A13 SOHC V6 non turbo in the UK also.

I have recently transplanted a 6A13 SOHC V6 non turbo on my Galant which previously had a 4G63 engine. Unlike in the UK, all galants here are not equipped with the Tiptronic Invecs II.

I have a current project where I will try to convert my Galant to Invecs II.

A guy from the local mitsu here stated that all I will have to do is change my TCU (transmission control unit) and maybe the ECU. Other obvious things I will have to change will be the automatic shifter and the instrument panel with the 1,2,3,4 indicators on it.... which can be sourced from Japanese mitsu surplus stuff that arrive here.

My problem is I do not know the part number for the ECU and TCU.

If anyone is so kind as to reply to this thread or if you can email me at flipperds@yahoo.com for the part number for the ECU and TCU found on a UK 6A13 SOHC V6 8G Galant…… I would be very much grateful.

I anyone has any questions or inquiries regarding the Galant in my region…. I will be more than glad to help out.

Thank you in advance.

Nick Mann
26-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I'm afraid I can't help with part numbers. But good luck! Hopefully someone here can.

flipperds
26-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Thank you.... hopefully someone can.... I did a search and all I found was the part number for a 6A13TT VR4 ECU which was not what I needed. /Steeringw

zentac
26-10-2005, 04:38 PM
The FTO gearbox and ECU should be easier to come by and should bolt straight on.

flipperds
26-10-2005, 07:38 PM
The FTO gearbox and ECU should be easier to come by and should bolt straight on.

Since there were no local releases of the FTO here... japan automotive surplus dealers don't ship those parts here.

Surplus parts of the JDM 8G galants on the other hand are easier to come by.

I'll be using the old tranny.... its the same on both the Invecs II and non Invecs II 8G Galant automatics.... I just need an Invecs II Automatic Transmission Control Unit (TCU)...... some people refer to this the Transmission Computer

I need the 6A13 SOHC non turbo TCU part number (for an automatic Invecs II.... like the ones you guys have in the UK) .... hoping that I can locally source it out here or order it from a local mitsu parts dealer here.

By the way.... the part numbers of the ECU & TCU of a local 8G 6A13 SOHC non turbo.... non Invecs II.... that is locally sold here is:

ECU-MD340545
TCU-MD762239

I am still hoping to get the ECU & TCU part numbers of the UK 6A13 SOHC non turbo Galants you guys have there.

Maybe someone here have friends with a part number list.

Many thanks. :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
26-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Step away from the FTO Richard, step away! :smug:

zentac
26-10-2005, 11:00 PM
On the 6A13 NA with a Tip box the engine ECU is different with tip/manual

Tip Engine ECU is MD340791, but I cant find any reference on my CD`s to the gearbox ECU.

flipperds
27-10-2005, 04:04 AM
On the 6A13 NA with a Tip box the engine ECU is different with tip/manual

Tip Engine ECU is MD340791, but I cant find any reference on my CD`s to the gearbox ECU.

Thank you