PDA

View Full Version : Cheap But Cool !

Spirit
06-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Don't know if you have seen them around, but there is a range of accessories made by a company called Sakura called "Type VR". I can get them at my local Motor World shop (www.motor-world.co.uk).

They have a few bits such as this tax disc holder. Not the best quality but looks cool with Type VR written on it. :D

Brind
04-05-2003, 11:36 PM
I've got the new Kroozin catalogue from Motor World, it was inside a mag which I won't reveal the name of..;) and let it be known I'm not a regular reader of Fast Car.. DOH!:o

Anyway, I just came across the ally tax disc holder you mentioned above.
I quite like the look of the Satin Silver finished one, it's only £7.99 I'm thinking of getting one.
My nearest Motor World is over an hours drive away though..

Did you get one Spirit?

Spirit
05-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Brind

Yes mate - it looks pretty good aswell - also got a cigarette lighter to match however it will not fit the standard VR-4 lighter socket so I had to modify the original one. Another nice touch though.

Can they not post one to you or order it online ? http://www.motor-world.co.uk/

Pete

Spirit
05-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Anodised replacement cigarette lighter element
Available in Silver, Red or Blue

Each:
Price: £5.99

Brind
05-05-2003, 12:41 AM
The lighters aren't in the mag.
I'd like to get one of them aswell, just to finish it off.

They do mail order but you can't order online.

Spirit
05-05-2003, 12:58 AM
Brind

Does look cool with Type VR written on it - but will warn you - had to unscrew the black plastic part of the original lighter and superglue the handle part of the new one onto it - has stuck fine though and works a treat and is just a nice extra.

Pete

Brind
05-05-2003, 01:11 AM
That wouldn't really matter as the lighter is just decorative to me.
Is the lighter socket in the VR-4 bigger or smaller than the standard over here?

Spirit
05-05-2003, 01:16 AM
The Type VR lighter barrel is bigger than the VR-4 socket

Brind
05-05-2003, 01:18 AM
What is it with the Japs making small things? :p