PDA

View Full Version : cigarette lighter removal

jakester
30-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi,

I am in the process or painting the nasty wooden trim in my VR4, but, cannot figure out how to remove the cigarette lighter. I have tried to mask it off, but, it a little difficult to get the tape to cover it, so, I would like to take it out completely, any ideas??

Cheers,

Jake.

Nick Mann
30-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I am in the process or painting the nasty wooden trim in my VR4, but, cannot figure out how to remove the cigarette lighter. I have tried to mask it off, but, it a little difficult to get the tape to cover it, so, I would like to take it out completely, any ideas??

Cheers,

Jake.

I assume you have removed the panel from the car?

If so, then unscrew the ring at the back of the lighter. The cylinder of the lighter pushes through from the front of the panel, then is held in place at the back with a ring that screws over the cylinder after it is pushed through.

SGHOM
30-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Take the N/S center console trim off, & then you'll have access to the fixings for the fag lighter :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
30-10-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3293

ABove link is for Kierans how to remove the console panels. It was on his GLS, so it will be slightly different on yours. One very useful tip is to open the glovebox and push from behind!

jakester
30-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Cheers Chaps, I have the panels off, simple job that one :), I did notice that the back of the lighter was threaded and guessed that it needs unscrewed, but, it dosn't want to budge :), I shall persevere though, thanks for the help.

Jake.