PDA

View Full Version : Clear Indicator Lenses

XRMATT99
31-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Hiya Everyone,

Ive just bought a 98 Galant GLS on an R Plate, The car at the moment has horrible Orange Indicator Lenses on the front!! I would like to replace them with The lenses from the Galant Sport which I believe are Clear.

Ive read some previous posts on the subject and it looks as though they should go straight on, but im having trouble locating Part Numbers. I rung the local Mitsubishi Dealer who said they needed a Chassis No!!

Any Help, Part Numbers, Prices or any for sale would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Matt

ritch_w
31-10-2005, 04:47 PM
save yourself some ££ and get a set off ebay for £8 - £15 :thumbsup:

XRMATT99
31-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Hi There,

Ive never seen any!! There are plenty of the Side Repeaters but never the Actual front indicator units

Cheers

matt

Nick Mann
31-10-2005, 07:08 PM
They do turn up. I think the most recent ones were in germany! But with postage costs to the UK.

Axeboy
31-10-2005, 07:36 PM
FunkyStyling sell them... not sure on price... i think about £15.

I-S
31-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Not for £8-£15 though. The last pair I watched on ebay of front clear indicator lenses went for £132!

I got smoked side repeaters which blend in perfectly with finesse green, but can't afford to do anything with the front.

Axeboy
31-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Ahh, my bad... i was thinking side repeaters...

Doh

DUNLY
31-10-2005, 07:53 PM
well ive just bought a set from austria, goin to the post office to pay for them tomorrow. got them off a guy on ebay from austria. been watching them for ages, and eventually bought them 102.00 euros including postage, so thats about 68 quid or sommit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8008636163&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1.

take a look at his other items he has another set and side repeaters going for 79.00 euros. that might be of use!?????

ritch_w
31-10-2005, 10:11 PM
sorry i thought it was side repeaters as well :embarasse

XRMATT99
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Thanks Guys,

Dunly - Great Link, im watching 2 sets he has for sale! How are you sorting out payment etc for them?

Cheers

Matt

DUNLY
01-11-2005, 10:47 PM
thats wot im trying to do now, emailed him asking for his bank details, still waiting on reply, if no reply by thurs i'll just go to the post office and send a cheque over. P.S it helps if u can understand german, im having to use an online translator between e-mails. lol

good luck :thumbsup:

shall keep yous posted!

XRMATT99
02-11-2005, 08:53 AM
Nice One Cheers!!

Alscort
02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
If you can find A written off legnum VR4 (Jap Spec) you could buy a set of headlights which have clear front indicators in the same unit! (I believe there a straight swap for Galant ones! Please correct me if i'm wrong?) I found a bloke that can get um for bout £180. I think he's in Buckinghamshire? (not sure tho!) but Smoked side repeaters on the green Galants look trick (as said above, see below on my Galant!)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Alscort/DSC01148.jpg

Bit of a mouthful but hope this helps! :thumbsup:

I-S
02-11-2005, 05:51 PM
Alscort - is yours Winning Turquoise (silly name) or Finesse Green (also a silly name)?

http://www.askisaac.com/images/house1.jpg

On my finesse green example...

Alscort
03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Winning Turquoise I think? Looks a bit lighter than yours! /yes But min also looks blue under non natural light eg. car parks? :inquisiti

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/Alscort/DSC00995.jpg

DUNLY
16-11-2005, 08:01 PM
well they came in today, and what i thot were lights taken off another galant that was for scrap, they are BRAND NEW. so i shall go get them fitted just now and try posting a pic later! :thumbsup:

XRMATT99
17-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Nice One!!
Well I looked at thie link you posted and Ordered a set for myself!! as well so they should be here any day now!
Let me know how you get on fitting them!!

Cheers

Matt

J.A.P.
21-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Hiya Everyone,

Ive just bought a 98 Galant GLS on an R Plate, The car at the moment has horrible Orange Indicator Lenses on the front!! I would like to replace them with The lenses from the Galant Sport which I believe are Clear.

Ive read some previous posts on the subject and it looks as though they should go straight on, but im having trouble locating Part Numbers. I rung the local Mitsubishi Dealer who said they needed a Chassis No!!

Any Help, Part Numbers, Prices or any for sale would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Matt

How much are the genuine Mitsi ones?

XRMATT99
21-11-2005, 05:23 PM
J.A.P - Im not sure how much the Mitsi ones are im afraid but I mangaed to get a set of aftermarket ones from Austria off a guy from Ebay for £70 Euros which is just under £50. that was including Postage etc!!

Im gonna be fitting them in a couple of weeks. I know DUNLY bought a set from the same guy!!

Cheers

Matt

DUNLY
21-11-2005, 08:25 PM
JAP: supposedly the ones from mitsi are around 80 quid (A SIDE). this guy from austria seems awfy good, and are pretty good. i would post a pic up but ma car is no longer silver, is now black with all the crap from the roads. think i paid 84 quid, for the lights, delivery, and (14 quid) bank charges from doing an international bank transfer.

Big Ian
21-11-2005, 11:10 PM
JAP: supposedly the ones from mitsi are around 80 quid (A SIDE)

/yes YIP, £74 + vat each from the dealer's

J.A.P.
22-11-2005, 10:46 AM
/yes YIP, £74 + vat each from the dealer's

I'm monitoring the Austrian guy on ebay!

pezza
22-11-2005, 11:01 AM
74 squid + VAT each??? :rolleyes4

C'mon lets see some pix ;-)

Those *clear corners* make all the difference.

J.A.P.
09-12-2005, 05:43 PM
J.A.P - Im not sure how much the Mitsi ones are im afraid but I mangaed to get a set of aftermarket ones from Austria off a guy from Ebay for £70 Euros which is just under £50. that was including Postage etc!!

Im gonna be fitting them in a couple of weeks. I know DUNLY bought a set from the same guy!!

Cheers

Matt

I've just bought some from him as well. I think he says he's posting them on Mon - how long did they take to get to you? - Have you fitted them yet?

J.A.P.
09-12-2005, 05:47 PM
I've just bought some from him as well. I think he says he's posting them on Mon - how long did they take to get to you? - Have you fitted them yet?

Oh yeah, £54 inc delivery, plus £10 bank charge - that's just for the front indicators - he does sell side ones too, but I didn't want to confuse things. Where can I get side ones? :rolleyes4

XRMATT99
10-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Side Repeaters you can get off Ebay or Funky Products and I think ESP Design, They are the same as the early Evo Ones!!

Ive finally fitted mine and my clear front Indicators today. Im gonna try and get some pics up tomorrow!!

Cheers

Matt

J.A.P.
12-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Side Repeaters you can get off Ebay or Funky Products and I think ESP Design, They are the same as the early Evo Ones!!

Ive finally fitted mine and my clear front Indicators today. Im gonna try and get some pics up tomorrow!!

Cheers

Matt

Yes, piccies please!

XRMATT99
12-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Some Piccies as promised!!

The pics also show my new Alloys which are AEZ Icons and are 17". The car
seriously needs lowering but that is gonna have to wait to the new year I think!

Let me know what you think!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/xrmatt99/89678e49.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/xrmatt99/88a3706c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/xrmatt99/b8cc0a91.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/xrmatt99/G4.jpg

Cheers

Matt :happy:

ritch_w
12-12-2005, 02:26 PM
:thumbsup:

just needs a set of eibachs and your sorted!!!

XRMATT99
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Yeah It does ride a bit high at the moment!! Should be getting the Eibachs in the new year!! Ive also got a Sport Boot Spoiler to go on aswell as a new set of Number Plates.

Cheers

Matt

Nick Mann
12-12-2005, 02:57 PM
What size are the tyres? They look far too small too! Nice wheels!!

The clear indicators do help the look though. Much cleaner.

XRMATT99
12-12-2005, 03:39 PM
The Tyres are 215/45 R17's. I thought that was the right profile to keep the rolling radius the same?

Cheers

Matt

Kieran
12-12-2005, 04:16 PM
The Tyres are 215/45 R17's. I thought that was the right profile to keep the rolling radius the same?

Yeah, no worries, that's the right size. :thumbsup:

sydkhan
12-12-2005, 04:21 PM
well them clear repeatars on the front does make a difference
i wanted to get them could you tell me what i need to type on ebay to search for them or where i can buy them on net or ???
also what is Eibachs?

thanks

ghanda
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
"Mitsubishi, Galant, blinker" and do a worldwide search.
Or look on the first page of this thread, click the ebay link and look at his other items - he's got two sets available at the moment.

Eibach is a manufacturer of lowering springs. They're like the springs you have on your car that sit above your dampers. Only lower.

XRMATT99
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Sydkhan, If you check back on Page 1 of this Thread there is a Link by Dunly to a guy who sells them in Austria on Ebay. Thats where i got mine from and im well chuffed with them!!

Eibachs are lowering Springs. Eibach being the company that makes them! Hope this helps.

Cheers

Matt

ghanda
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM
Like what he said, 5 seconds before me :D

J.A.P.
13-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Some Piccies as promised!!

The pics also show my new Alloys which are AEZ Icons and are 17". The car
seriously needs lowering but that is gonna have to wait to the new year I think!

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

Matt :happy:

Very,very nice. Were they easy to fit (even with two left hands?). Looking forward to getting mine now.

Allloys are smart too - have to lower it though - Eibachs take it down 30mm or so...

So that's the size tyres I need..... /Hmmm /pan

XRMATT99
13-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the comments guys!! Im really pleased with the way it is starting to look. The clear indicator lenses make such a difference and are really easy to fit!! Just one screw on the top which attches it to the headlight and then it just pulls out!! Simple as that!

Cheers
matt

pezza
13-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Yup it looks very good...esp with the colour car....

Those lil touches make the world of difference IMO /yes.

I always find it strange why there is such a gap between the wheels and the arches (comparing to othercars) . As soon as the wheel tyre aspect changes, it exaggerates that gap. Esp the front.

Eibachs are the way (even though I used PI springs) :thumbsup:

Lowering just the front would look plain evil :evil2: but I guess the rear would be jumping around all over the place :rolleyes4

I-S
13-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm now bidding on a set... Can't afford, but what the hell...

Since we're all getting cleared up, who's up for some silvered indicator bulbs? I'm thinking both front and back on the estate, eliminating yellow bulbiness (except the side repeaters which I've put smoked on mine, so there's no need for silvered on there for me)... Anyone else interested, in which case I'll set up a group buy.

DUNLY
13-12-2005, 10:35 PM
clear lenses, and then clear bulbs, would that then not make it ilegal, as when it is flashing, i'll will be flashing clear????

Kieran
13-12-2005, 10:46 PM
clear lenses, and then clear bulbs, would that then not make it ilegal, as when it is flashing, i'll will be flashing clear????

The clear bulbs I think Isaac is on about are those psuedo-clear ones. They're actually coated with a filter that looks silver from the exterior, but lights up orange. They're quite neat, but tread carefully. I fitted a set into my rear clusters and the light output is noticeably dimmer.

I-S
13-12-2005, 10:51 PM
They can indeed be dimmer... the ones I would get would be the Philips Silvervision which are e-marked, so the light output is legitimate. You can also take off some of the silvering around the base of the bulb, leaving it on the top so that you get 95% of the clear effect and better light output into the reflector.

As it is, my rear indicator bulbs seem absurdly bright and too whitish as it is...

XRMATT99
13-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Ive got Silvatec bulbs in my front indicators. and i agree that the orange flash does seem a bit duller than before. But they do look good behind the indicator lenses which are very clear!!

ghanda
14-12-2005, 12:22 AM
:smug: I'm running LED clusters :smug:

pezza
14-12-2005, 12:28 AM
:smug: I'm running LED clusters :smug:

me too..... I tried a few silver/chrome bulbs after de-orangin but still very dull.. even the 27W ones

LEDS seem to be the way I think....

I-S
14-12-2005, 12:31 AM
The problem with the LED bulbs is that they are not E-marked. IE they are NOT road legal.

pezza
14-12-2005, 12:56 AM
The problem with the LED bulbs is that they are not E-marked. IE they are NOT road legal.

Yeh, The ones I bought from ebay were not e-marked... but whats the state of the ones fitted to new cars? Surely they should be legal? :inquisiti

I-S
14-12-2005, 10:04 AM
New cars have custom-built LED light clusters. They are NOT normal reflectors with a LED bulb in, which is what ours would be. I've checked with a bulb supplier and Osram are apparently working on e-marked LED bulbs for aftermarket, but currently there are NO LED bulbs that are E-marked.

ghanda
14-12-2005, 05:14 PM
[Catherine Tate]Am I Bovvered though?[/Catherine Tate]

Pez - Did you have to use a resistor to get the flash rate back to normal? I got mine from UltraLeds and they're as bright as normal indicators, but with that lovely instant on/off (the GF thinks I've finally lost it :) )

I-S
17-12-2005, 07:18 PM
They're getting cheaper:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8020875824&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

:D

sydkhan
20-12-2005, 05:41 PM
i have a R reg GLS i want to buy these clear indicators but before i buy how can i check that it would fit into my car i have seen that the front light and side indicators are not joint as there is a gap in there but i still want to be sure.any ideas!!!

thanks

Big Ian
20-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi they will fit "no prob's" only held in place with one small screw on top in to the headlight caseing :thumbsup:
here's my old 1998 "R" GLS

before
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500686_92_full.jpg
and........
after

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500686_134_full.jpg
and........
one off each! :rolleyes4
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/500000-500999/500686_117_full.jpg

sydkhan
21-12-2005, 03:33 PM
ian must admit it does make a difference in the beauty department.nice

J.A.P.
31-12-2005, 03:44 PM
ian must admit it does make a difference in the beauty department.nice

Hi Syd, thought I'd post a pic of my car now the indicator/repeaters are fitted. The indicators cost about £65 inc postage and bank charges from the guy in Austria, the side repeaters were about £18 on ebay. Both were easy to fit (and I do not have opposable thumbs...)

It's probably against the forum rules, but you will notice that this is a bit of a dirty pic. :) in fact my wheels alone will probably result in me being booted out :embarasse .

You will also notice that the orange bulbs are still visible, which is why there was talk of either spraying the bulb with a fine coat of silver or buying those special silver bulbs that glow orange.

Kieran
31-12-2005, 04:21 PM
It's probably against the forum rules, but you will notice that this is a bit of a dirty pic. :) in fact my wheels alone will probably result in me being booted out :embarasse .

Yes! :evil2: Get your coat! /pan No mucky owners are safe whilst I prowl these forums!! /grr /grr

:joker:

J.A.P.
31-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Yes! :evil2: Get your coat! /pan No mucky owners are safe whilst I prowl these forums!! /grr /grr

:joker:

Promise I'll wash it tomorrow, weather and hangover permitting. :rolleyes4

J.A.P.
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Promise I'll wash it tomorrow, weather and hangover permitting. :rolleyes4

That's better!

Kieran
01-01-2006, 06:49 PM
That's better!

Aaaah! Excellent! :smug: Call off the lynch mob, our work here is done! :smug: :smug: :thumbsup:

I-S
26-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I got my silvered bulbs today.

Philips Silvervision... they're still slightly yellowish, but much less so than the other bulbs were. For some reason the bulbs in the rear clusters were covered some crystalline stuff (it wasn't salt)?? Anyway...

The philips bulbs are actually brighter than the old rear bulbs, and as bright as the (brand new, supplied with the clear lenses) front ones, although more yellow in colour (the bulbs that came with were very orange).

Now I need to clean the car (before kieran decks me), and get some work done on it (servicing, etc)...