PDA

View Full Version : Facelift - Rear tailgate light...

adam_shaw
01-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi All,

Anyone have any experience with the big-ass rear light/reflector/shiny thing on the facelift leggie...

mine is full of water :embarasse and has been since the summer...

I got it dried out (on the basis it could be a jetwash thing...) over the summer, but now the winter is here again apparently it has all filled up with water again.

I looked at taking it off before but it seems to be stuck on?

Is this true, or am I just being too genteel (pinkie stuck out whilst holding one's spanner)

I have a replacement (thank you ebay) - but I need to get the old one off first, and I'd rather not break it off.

Thanking you,

Adam

Nick Mann
01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Never had a problem with one. Sorry - can't be more use! Can you tell how it fits looking at the new one?

adam_shaw
01-11-2005, 03:38 PM
There's a load of bolts - 6 or 8 and what looks like a seating gasket thingy (which I don't have - I can't tell if it's just a rubber or a mastic doo-dah.

Just wondering if someone was there already... /help

A

bradc
01-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Mine leaks a lot, I was just going to get a 1mm drill bit and drill a few holes at either end of it.

Wodjno
01-11-2005, 08:55 PM
If anyone knows the answer to this question it will be BDA. If you remember he stripped nearly everything off his car last month for the POD :inquisiti

psbarham
01-11-2005, 09:05 PM
If anyone knows the answer to this question it will be BDA. If you remember he stripped nearly everything off his car last month for the POD :inquisiti
he used a different tailgate , so he didn't have to wreck his good un