PDA

View Full Version : MOT Failure....

Brunty
01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
VR4 failed on exhaust and emissions.

Hardly surprising when the exhaust is no longer connected to the silencer!!!

What are the odds on Mitsubishi All-Electric (Probably Harbourne (Birmingham) branch) supplying the correct pipework?

NICK> Brakes were fine so I've asked them to get the vernier/micrometer on your discs and assess their worthiness for future use.

Nick Mann
01-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Cool!

So just the center pipe needs replacing? That's not so bad. I have had a couple of run-ins with all electric Mitsy. I will *never* go there again!!

richy rich
01-11-2005, 03:43 PM
VR4 failed on exhaust and emissions.

Hardly surprising when the exhaust is no longer connected to the silencer!!!

What are the odds on Mitsubishi All-Electric (Probably Harbourne (Birmingham) branch) supplying the correct pipework?

NICK> Brakes were fine so I've asked them to get the vernier/micrometer on your discs and assess their worthiness for future use.
brunty i have a gen exaust in my garage i think it will do another year at least,
£20 if you whant it.

Brunty
01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
brunty i have a gen exaust in my garage i think it will do another year at least,
£20 if you whant it.

Arrggghhhh - sorry Rich, need the car in a bit of a hurry and have asked them to proceed (although I'll be intouch if there is any problem with the All Electric supplied pipework) - could you PM me your number just incase I need your assistance tomorrow?

BTW: Pezza has mentioned reverting back to a stock set-up if you've looking to get rid.

richy rich
01-11-2005, 06:01 PM
Arrggghhhh - sorry Rich, need the car in a bit of a hurry and have asked them to proceed (although I'll be intouch if there is any problem with the All Electric supplied pipework) - could you PM me your number just incase I need your assistance tomorrow?

BTW: Pezza has mentioned reverting back to a stock set-up if you've looking to get rid.
no prob i thought it might help you out
and yes i was keeping it to put back but Ive got twin pipes so it might be more trouble than its worth.
will pm you.

Brunty
02-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Exhaust done. As my brakes passed the MOT I asked the garage to have a look at discs Nick had loaned to me, so that Nick could determine a secondhand price for them.

sssssshhhhhhhhhhhh......don't tell Nick, but the discs he are in good condition and have at least 20k on them.

The garage then thought they would check my discs. I knew they were slightly warped, they confirmed this and strongly recommend I use the tatty looking discs (Nicks) which they'd just inspected. They are already on my car! Along with Polarbears braided hoses! All the pads (those on the car and those on loan from Nick) are also badly worn, so I'm off to do a search on Ferrodo DS2500 vs EBC Greenstuff vs Brembo something, any of which the garage can have on my car by lunch tomorrow.

I may be a long way off the fastest 0-60, but I'm getting closer on the best 60-0!