PDA

View Full Version : staff !

MR.VOODOO
02-11-2005, 05:26 PM
i want to have a rant and this is as good a place as any !

i have questions

1 i gave my apprentice a mobile so if ever he had any problems collection stuff like , no stock , not rady to collect , wrong money etc he could ring me and sort the problem out ... beacuse he kept complaing that he did not have any credit to ring me .
So i sent him to pick up my contact lenes ( which my contact lens palce allways orders a new set when i pick up a set so i allways have new lenes for collection ) any way they fogot to order them so they had none for collection .
did my apprentice ring NO BECAUSE USING HIS ****ING BRAIN WOULD BE TO HARD .
I rang the oppticions and they said they would give me some spare trail contacts while they orderd the new ones
so i sent my lad back to them ............

2 on the way back i told him to get some wood glue ( bearing in mind i have told him at least 10 times to ALLWAYS GET A RECIPT ) DID HE GET ONE NO
is the answer ......................

3 i told him to go and get a recipt for the glue 5 mins later i went to use the glue and guess what he has taken the glue back to the shop to get a recipt
WHY I ASK ........

Why cant you just walk into the small local diy shop and say do you rember that glue i brought can i have a recipt please

conclusion

He is one STUPID F***ING STUPID C**T

DOES ANY ONE ELSE HAVE A TRAINEE / APPRENTICE PROBLEM

and the worst of it he started arguing with me ----------------i Think a p45 is on the Way .....

I-S
02-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Yes, I have a staff problem...

In my group (audio) at work there are 5 people. Technical Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Systems Engineer, Applications Engineer (me) and another apps engineer.

The Tech manager is ill. Marketing manager is on holiday for 2 weeks. Other apps engineer is off because his son is in the hospital, so it's just me and the systems engineer.

PCBs ordered at significant expense on a fast turnaround didn't show up today, and they're awaiting muggins here to sit down an put 500 components on them (around 2000 total joints to solder) and get them out in friday evening's post.

Two major prospects have phoned up (normally handled by tech manager) and everyone needs everything yesterday...

I have a whole new level of respect for the job of the managers... but would be handy if they were here.

vampirej
02-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Yes, I have a staff problem...

In my group (audio) at work there are 5 people. Technical Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Systems Engineer, Applications Engineer (me) and another apps engineer.

The Tech manager is ill. Marketing manager is on holiday for 2 weeks. Other apps engineer is off because his son is in the hospital, so it's just me and the systems engineer.

PCBs ordered at significant expense on a fast turnaround didn't show up today, and they're awaiting muggins here to sit down an put 500 components on them (around 2000 total joints to solder) and get them out in friday evening's post.

Two major prospects have phoned up (normally handled by tech manager) and everyone needs everything yesterday...

I have a whole new level of respect for the job of the managers... but would be handy if they were here.
Or they are here, and they asked you to sort out something for him, which usually done by him as he's sooooo busy today, then you see them driving his BMW company car out of the carpark for some lunch!!!!!

WildCards
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
I have problems with a few of my clients thinking they are designers, instead of dealership directors or sales people etc. This annoys me greatly, but it boils down to two things:
1. They are the customer.
2. Customers pay my wages

As with anything else. Too many chiefs, not enough indians!