PDA

View Full Version : will this help ??????

psbarham
02-11-2005, 07:10 PM
do you reckon this will make much of a difference ???? :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

enigma
02-11-2005, 08:00 PM
stale

psbarham
02-11-2005, 09:14 PM
stale
?????????????? :inquisiti

bernmc
02-11-2005, 09:26 PM
Guyfawkes? :evil2::evil2::evil2:

Wodjno
02-11-2005, 09:36 PM
?????????????? :inquisiti

Think wot Daves trying to sat is that assuming the date on the picture is right.. :inquisiti
That it would have lost it's Vavavooooom.. As whatever octane rating it once was ? It nowwouldn't be.. :rolleyes4

But i'll play along with you Paul.. /yes

Think it would work a treat.. Where is it ? and when we gonna get it :evil2:

psbarham
02-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Think wot Daves trying to sat is that assuming the date on the picture is right.. :inquisiti
That it would have lost it's Vavavooooom.. As whatever octane rating it once was ? It nowwouldn't be.. :rolleyes4

But i'll play along with you Paul.. /yes

Think it would work a treat.. Where is it ? and when we gonna get it :evil2:
the date on the picture ? what today :inquisiti trust me at 108 octane it will still have its vavavooom as you put it , and you can try it out with pleasure , should be ready to rock and roll next year :smug:

Funkstar
02-11-2005, 09:40 PM
?? Barrels look a bit old, but the only date I see is todays on the pic. 2nd/November/2005.

Wodjno
02-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Sorry bout that Paul.. Was thinking we are in 2006 :embarasse

Anyway See here :inquisiti

http://www.msf.org/source/refbooks/msf_docs/en/Catalog/T/VEC/TVECFUEL1D2.pdf

psbarham
02-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Mmmmmm avgas , we used to use that in the race bikes , fecking stuff if you spilt it on the tank it would take the paint off , mind you our 400 would keep up with a fire blade with this stuff in it , and don't worry about storage its fine , is stable enough i can keep the ash tray on it in the garden /Hmmm

Kieran
02-11-2005, 09:47 PM
V6 Go boom! Wonder what difference it will make to the N/A V6?! /Hmmm :evil2: :evil2:

Will be fun trying! /yes

bernmc
02-11-2005, 10:00 PM
V6 Go boom! Wonder what difference it will make to the N/A V6?! A V6 without turbos????? Who would make such a thing?? /help

Surely it is an abomination unto the god Nuggin?

Kieran
02-11-2005, 10:01 PM
A V6 without turbos????? Who would make such a thing?? /help

As a former V6 owner!! - /grr /pan

bernmc
02-11-2005, 10:05 PM
As a former V6 owner!!
Blessed are those, who, seeing the evil of their ways, turn aside and follow the light /yes.

adam_shaw
03-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Lord forgive me for the thread hijack I am about to commit....

THE MARTYRDOM OF ST. VICTOR
Starring Michael Palin as a Vicar

[spoken as a Church sermon]

And it came to pass that Saint Victor was taken from this place to
another place, where he was lain upon pillows of silk and made to rest
himself amongst sheets of muslin and velvet. And there stroked was he by maidens of the Orient.
For sixteen days and nights stroked they him, yea verily, and caressed
him. His hair ruffled they. And their fingers rubbethed they in oil of
olives, and ranneth them across all parts of his body for as much as to
soothe him.
And the soles of his feet licked they. And the upper parts of
his thigh did they anoint with the balm of forbidden trees. And with the
teeth of their mouths, nibbled they the pointed bits at the top of his ears,
yea verily, and did their tongues thereof make themselves acquainted with his most secret places.
For fifteen days and nights did Victor withstand these maidens,
but on the sixteenth day he cried out, saying
"This... is fantastic. Oh, this is terrific."
And the Lord did hear the cry of Victor. And verily came He down and
slew the maidens, and caused their cottonwool bras to blow away, and their Kleenex to be laid waste utterly. And Victor, in his anguish, cried out that the Lord was a rotten bastard.
So the Lord sent an angel to comfort Victor for the weekend.
And entered they together the jacuzzi.

Here endeth the lesson.

A valuable lesson for us all.

ritch_w
03-11-2005, 09:15 AM
A V6 without turbos????? Who would make such a thing?? /help

Surely it is an abomination unto the god Nuggin?

blasphemer
/pan /pan /pan /pan /pan /pan

Kieran
03-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I think that's decided then!! Bern Must Die!!! :evil2:

psbarham
03-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I think that's decided then!! Bern Must Die!!! :evil2:
too bluddy right , just watch out for his scary looking oversized syringe :inquisiti

enigma
03-11-2005, 01:48 PM
You can kill who you like, the fuel will still be stale!

psbarham
03-11-2005, 01:57 PM
You can kill who you like, the fuel will still be stale!
and you worked this out how? /Hmmm

enigma
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM
It looks like the stickers were produced in the 80's and the barrels are not exactly shining examples!

psbarham
03-11-2005, 02:35 PM
It looks like the stickers were produced in the 80's and the barrels are not exactly shining examples!
aah of course , the company that built the 2005 dtm championship winning and 2005 btcc championship winning engines use really old fuel for testing on the dyno :rolleyes4 the drums look a bit grubby coz the rode back to my house in the back of a transit truck filled with grass clippings

Wodjno
03-11-2005, 02:48 PM
This is the same stuff they use in F1 and Le Mans..

If it's good enough for them /Hmmm

Wodjno
03-11-2005, 02:50 PM
aah of course , the company that built the 2005 dtm championship winning and 2005 btcc championship winning engines use really old fuel for testing on the dyno :rolleyes4 the drums look a bit grubby coz the rode back to my house in the back of a transit truck filled with grass clippings

I'll be over later with my Jerry can .. /yes Sub 4.78 here we come :evil2: :joker:

psbarham
03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I'll be over later with my Jerry can .. /yes Sub 4.78 here we come :evil2: :joker:
nah mate they can only tune engines . i don't see how a blueprinted jerry can will help , i mean it doesn't matter how big the spout is you will still be held back by the filler neck in the car /yes

Wodjno
03-11-2005, 02:59 PM
nah mate they can only tune engines . i don't see how a blueprinted jerry can will help , i mean it doesn't matter how big the spout is you will still be held back by the filler neck in the car /yes
????????????

enigma
03-11-2005, 03:29 PM

Cant see they would bin 400 litres of fuel if it was useable, unless of course its not strictly kosher.

Its only 100 RON so you probably wouldn't notice any difference, especially if you dont have a ninja tuned turbo.

It will release no more power unless detonation is an issue - on N/A cars this wont be the case as none of you have tuned the knackers off one.

For the turbo boys it may help if you wind the boost right up, but without some method to adjust the fuelling its not really anything more than a safety net.

I wouldn't use it in my engine unless it came in a sealed drum with a use by date on. Once opened it will go off.......quickly

Kieran
03-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Aha!

I've worked it out! Dave's new strategy is to be the fastest by telling the competition that their planned power upgrades won't make any difference!!/Devil5

psbarham
03-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Aha!

I've worked it out! Dave's new strategy is to be the fastest by telling the competition that their planned power upgrades won't make any difference!!/Devil5
trust me this will not affect anyone elses car in any way /Hmmm mind you it has given me an idea , they have some 109 octance F3000 fuel out the back :evil2:

enigma
03-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Aha!

Not at all, but it would be a bit like putting the contents of the VX tank in your car based on the fact it was 100 octane Jap fuel.......would you do it?

psbarham
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
should i ? shouldn't i ????? /Hmmm or shall i let the /grr continue

Wodjno
03-11-2005, 09:05 PM
should i ? shouldn't i ????? /Hmmm or shall i let the /grr continue

Go on, do it ! Put them out of there Misery.. :inquisiti

Kieran
03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Not at all, but it would be a bit like putting the contents of the VX tank in your car based on the fact it was 100 octane Jap fuel.......would you do it?

It's not old fuel though Dave!! Certainly ain't 7 years old!! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

PSB - Do it! Do it! Reset the ECU 1st though! :evil2:

Dan_G
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM
If its only 100RON then what gains are to be had? other than preventing pre-detonation?

I think it'll be good stuff for sure, if like dave says it has'nt gone off.

Fuel aging is a definate problem......... I left fuel in my motorbike for about 2 years and when I started it a couple months back the octane must have dropped had dropped coz the thing was spluttering and backfiring like mad at over 4000rpm. until I put fresh fuel into it...

But give it a go.... you can always drain it if bad things start to happen.. :)

/Steeringw

Paul Beazer
03-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Never mind if the fuel has gorne off!

How we gonna wreak our revenge on bern?
Come on V6 n/a sympathisers how?
Marinade him in 2stroke??

Kieran
03-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Never mind if the fuel has gorne off!

How we gonna wreak our revenge on bern?
Come on V6 n/a sympathisers how?
Marinade him in 2stroke??

Well, we'll start with your suggestion of marinading him in two stroke for an hour or two. That'll make his skin burn and itch most uncomfortably. Which is great, because whilst it will cause discomfort, it's not instantly lethal. :thumbsup:

Then, onto the next part of 'Torture the ignorant VR-4 Fool' and my suggestion, which is to take the components of a V6-24 engine and show Bern just how tough they are by throwing them one by one at him. Obviously not the block and heads as they could cause a fatal injury. and we don't want that too early! :evil2: :evil2: /pan

Next suggestion please!!

Paul Beazer
03-11-2005, 11:47 PM
No point damaging good parts senselessly!

I seem to recall him showing off some gloves the other week whilst others were fitting his brakes, perhaps we could........
Err no, im not sure its legal in the UK.

I know! Death by a thousand Citroen
2CVs!!! Mwahahahahahahahaha! :evil2:

bernmc
03-11-2005, 11:48 PM
You silly, twisted boys. You cannot kill that which is already dead.

mmm....brains.....

Kieran
03-11-2005, 11:50 PM
No point damaging good parts senselessly!

Nah, they would be fine - Bern is a lot softer than the parts. His body will absorb the impact shock most effectively!

I like the Idea of death by 1000 2CVs, but are there that many left?

There's more to this murder lark than one thinks at first!!

V6Dan
04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure where everyones getting 100RON from though, its Shell V-Power but not the stuff you get at the pumps, its V-Power Race fuel from the look of things rather than the road fuel... :p

Nick Mann
04-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Dan, mate, this thread is nearly two years old!! /pan

Kieran
04-09-2007, 09:16 PM
He's just catching up! /lol I hate to think how big his unread posts list is!

"Only another 93,000 threads to go, I'm getting there!!"/haz

V6Dan
04-09-2007, 10:48 PM
D'oh! I forgot to look at the posted date ;) *cough* Sorry sir, won't happen again!

He never did say whether it made a difference though... :p

Oh, and the New Posts list only shows up to 200 ;)

What a way to reintroduce myself, pee everyone off by dragging up 2 year old posts :lol:

psbarham
05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
He never did say whether it made a difference though... :p

Oh, and the New Posts list only shows up to 200 ;)

bugger i forgot all about this , i will try and remeber to post up the result at the weekend , the results are smokin' :pimp2: :pimp2: :pimp2:

V6Dan
05-09-2007, 08:27 PM
The results are, or the burnt out wreckage of your engine is? ;)

Kieran
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
bugger i forgot all about this , i will try and remeber to post up the result at the weekend , the results are smokin' :pimp2: :pimp2: :pimp2:

The stuff hadn't gone off then I take it?:pimp2:

psbarham
05-09-2007, 09:53 PM
The results are, or the burnt out wreckage of your engine is? ;)

the results , and they are very consistant :D

The stuff hadn't gone off then I take it?

well its all gone now, but for its intended use it was perfect

TAR
06-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Thing is though, you never did get around to killin Bern did you /pan :stars:

WildCards
06-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Dan, mate, this thread is nearly two years old!! /pan

Nice softly, softly approach there Nick, well done.

bernmc
07-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Thing is though, you never did get around to killin Bern did you /pan :stars:

mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......:evil2:

psbarham
10-09-2007, 09:01 PM
see i told everyone it'd work perfectly, it has been working spot on for a year or so now :D