PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Oulton ?

SGHOM
02-11-2005, 11:27 PM
having just read through the MLR invite thread, I think it's;

Jimbo
Heath & Jane
Richard
Al
SGHOM
Pete & Shaz ??
Simon
Paul

am I correct ?? or is anyone else going ? /Hmmm

Physician
03-11-2005, 12:30 AM
New p/s pump being fitted tomorrow (thurs). Testing it at Mallory Park on Sunday.

If all OK then I'm a definite.

Rich

HJM
03-11-2005, 12:31 AM
New p/s pump being fitted tomorrow (thurs). Testing it at Mallory Park on Sunday.

If all OK then I'm a definite.

Rich

Fingers crossed Rich :thumbsup:

tig202
03-11-2005, 01:12 AM
As its so close to me I think I will have to attend. Unfortunatly due to lack of job I will only be able to attend as a spectator but I'm looking forward to meeting up with a few like minded individuals :thumbsup:

HJM
03-11-2005, 08:06 AM
SGHOM - what about Simon and Paul - they have been confirmed for some time - would you like to borrow my new glasses, fellow old git :happy:

There are a serious amount of EVO's going (they will thrash past us as always :leer: ), but no Scoobies thus far - probably too embarrased after Snetterton :rolleyes4 /yes :rolleyes4

Wouter
03-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Richie Rich and I will be there as Pit crew!

Physician
03-11-2005, 08:43 AM
There are a serious amount of EVO's going (they will thrash past us as always :leer: )...............

Rubbish .......... keep well over to the LEFT and they'll be stumped :smug:

richy rich
03-11-2005, 10:11 AM
yes that is right
wouter do you think we can change a box quick enough. :inquisiti
or will it be tyres ect only /Hmmm

HJM
03-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Rubbish .......... keep well over to the LEFT and they'll be stumped :smug:

Shame on you Richard /pan - that's not how trackdays work as well you know - if we all did that we'd get stuck behind a really slow car - say a galant V6 /grr

HJM
03-11-2005, 02:29 PM
yes that is right
wouter do you think we can change a box quick enough. :inquisiti
or will it be tyres ect only /Hmmm

My car could do with a full valet whilst I'm enjoying lunch :thumbsup:

The Vee
03-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Shame on you Richard /pan - that's not how trackdays work as well you know - if we all did that we'd get stuck behind a really slow car - say a galant V6 /grr

/pan /grr :evil2: What are you like? Hmmmmmmmm must be your age, memory slipping a little? Now where's that ring /Handbag /pan /pan :rolleyes4 /Hmmm /help

SGHOM
03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
SGHOM - what about Simon and Paul - they have been confirmed for some time - would you like to borrow my new glasses, fellow old git :happy:

added to the list, but there is nothing in the original thread to say they were attending ! :rolleyes4

SGHOM
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
and second driver ?? /yes /yes

HJM
03-11-2005, 04:21 PM
added to the list, but there is nothing in the original thread to say they were attending ! :rolleyes4

That's 'cos Heath is talking about the MLR thread, not the CVR4 thread /yes

It's very confusing for him, all these different forums :rolleyes4

J :joker:

Physician
03-11-2005, 04:27 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/angry.jpg

richy rich
03-11-2005, 04:30 PM
whats the matter rich car not going to be ready?

K9NG
03-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Myself and Jet Sl@g shall be going /Steeringw /help :helmet:

K9NG
03-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Just noticed on MLR there is a Viper going :satan: should be interesting especially if it rains /Brolly

Also a Radical and Ultima to mix it up some more..

HJM
03-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Just noticed on MLR there is a Viper going :satan: should be interesting especially if it rains /Brolly

Also a Radical and Ultima to mix it up some more..

Of course - you 'Ring Virgins' ain't use to Vipers - normally get 1 or 2 Zakspeed Vipers flying past you at the Ring like you hit emergency reverse :rolleyes4

They make VR4's sound very weedy /yes

So all in all Oulton is going to be good practice for newbie Ringers - come on Glen you know you want to /Steeringw

K9NG
03-11-2005, 08:06 PM
I would like to remain a 'Ring Virgin' thanks sounds disgusting /Nuuu

Wouter
03-11-2005, 11:16 PM
and second driver ?? /yes /yes

HELL YEAH!!!!

SGHOM
04-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Of course - you 'Ring Virgins' ain't use to Vipers - normally get 1 or 2 Zakspeed Vipers flying past you at the Ring like you hit emergency reverse :rolleyes4

They make VR4's sound very weedy /yes

So all in all Oulton is going to be good practice for newbie Ringers - come on Glen you know you want to /Steeringw

so ?? lemme get this right. /Hmmm must I move over if a faster car wants to pass, or should he find his way around me ?? I'm not on about entering the corners, that would be deemed dangerous, I'm on about the racing line ? /Hmmm

HJM
04-11-2005, 12:43 AM
so ?? lemme get this right. /Hmmm must I move over if a faster car wants to pass, or should he find his way around me ?? I'm not on about entering the corners, that would be deemed dangerous, I'm on about the racing line ? /Hmmm

Derek - do us all a favour and listen to the briefing on the day and you will be fine :thumbsup:

J

Spirit
04-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Sorry guys we won't be there.....no car at present, and too much on in personal life at the moment :embarasse

Simon
04-11-2005, 05:14 PM

ditto as J says.....but yes.....if you find you are outdragging a car on the straights but they catch you in the corners, you need to let them past. Move over to the RIGHT and let them by. You may be on a cooling down/coasting lap while someone else is on a hot lap. Its not like coombe where everyone goes out at the same time on a session. Last time i was letting MX5's past! (mind you i was on a 30minute endurance /Steeringw and they were on a 1 lapper before their car fell apart!!! :P )

Same is true if a car is close behind you on the straights, and its also advised to lift off to allow the car passing to get by quicker. It might sound odd but it makes the day more enjoyable and less stressful.

Physician
06-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Just a bit of info for those going .......

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/oulton.gif

You exit the pit lane already past Old Hall and halfway down to the fast, downhill left-hander Cascades. You’ll need to go wide as you can on the exit, though watch out you don’t clip the grass, many a trackday driver has had as spin here. It’s then on the power towards Island. This corner is faster than it may look and feel, but you’ll have to build up to that, especially as you’ll need to get on the brakes sharpish for the banked right hand hairpin that is Shell. Turn in late (or high!) for this one. Once you are through the next two hairpins it’s up Clay hill for the most exhilarating part of the circuit. Druids takes a while to get right, but you really don’t want to get it wrong here, as you’ll see on your first visit. It’s much faster but takes skill. A tyre on the grass on exit will see a damaged car for sure. You then get to test your brakes and turn in as you enter the Lodge complex that brings you back up (after a bit of a dip!) onto the main start/finish straight. At the end of that is Old Hall, which again is a fast challenging corner.

Jimbo
06-11-2005, 02:33 PM
I love the fact they call this place the mini-nurburgring, it's making me even more excited about going.

Slight worry (as there always is with me just before a trackday) - I have to sort out my latest gearbox leak /wall

Not too serious, just ....well, leaky.

Physician
06-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Slight worry (as there always is with me just before a trackday) - I have to sort out my latest gearbox leak /wall

OK ...... a plan is evolving ......

Jimbo goes out FIRST on track and stays on the correct driving line ........... and lays an oil trail.

Then we let all the Evo's go out ............ :smug:

HJM
06-11-2005, 10:17 PM
I love the fact they call this place the mini-nurburgring, it's making me even more excited about going.

Oh gawd - one day you WILL go to a track day without any problems :rolleyes4

Hope it's sorted soon /yes

Jimbo
06-11-2005, 11:24 PM
OK ...... a plan is evolving ......

LOL, I like your thinking Rich !

Hope it's sorted soon /yes

No worries, it's not "pouring" out....it only get's arsey when I try to flick up to 3rd on the rev-limiter, and I managed to get enough enjoyment at Snett just flicking between 3rd and 4th, so I'm not overly fussed.

It's due a service soon, so I might get it looked at prior to Oulton and get them to check that hose again, assuming it's the same thing as last time.

Physician
08-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm out of this event ......... (really PI$$ED off about this.)

Have my spanking new pump with pulley but garage cant get a pressure line off the existing pump without breaking it ..... so need a new line. Mitsubishi said they have it in stock (yesterday) but this morning they havent (to be ordered from Japan). Delivery could be up to 10 weeks (quote).

Have fun .......... :end:

HJM
08-11-2005, 10:34 PM

Have my spanking new pump with pulley but garage cant get a pressure line off the existing pump without breaking it ..... so need a new line. Mitsubishi said they have it in stock (yesterday) but this morning they havent (to be ordered from Japan). Delivery could be up to 10 weeks (quote).

Oh, what a PITA Rich - next time, eh?

Hope you get it sorted sooner than that :rolleyes4

HJM
11-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Only three places left on this now /yes

Jimbo
11-11-2005, 04:11 PM

Oh no!!! Real shame that Rich, we'll definitely miss your company :(

Plenty more track days in the calendar though.

Nick Mann
11-11-2005, 06:07 PM
:embarasse

There should have only been two left now.

/Hissy

enigma
11-11-2005, 06:11 PM

Are you sure my pipe wont fit?

Physician
11-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Absolutely positive Dave ....... had PIRTEK (national hydraulics company) look at what's needed as well. Existing and yours are non-standard banjo joints (in Europe) so they would completely replace the connections.

PIRTEK will make me all the necessary fittings within a day as soon as I supply the parts, dimensions etc etc. That's fine but my garage can't do the job before Wednesday next week :embarasse

Nevertheless, I appreciate your helping me out with that part. :thumbsup:

SGHOM
14-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Have you any other form of transport to get there Richard ?? /Hmmm If so, my car is freely available for you to be either passenger or driver. /yes /yes

Physician
14-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Have you any other form of transport to get there Richard ?? /Hmmm If so, my car is freely available for you to be either passenger or driver. /yes /yes

That's very kind of you Derek ...... silly, but kind.

My latest position is that it will be repaired on Wednesday (next). If all goes well I'm going to try and cadge a few free laps of Mallory on Sat/Sun to see if it holds up. Depending on the result I'll contact Darrin at MLR to see if he has a space left.

If not, then I'll probably come anyway as a spectator (and stay overnight for a few drinks the night before). Are you staying at the Travel Inn?

Many thanks again for the offer pal.

Rich