PDA

View Full Version : FS : Grill mesh

Gly
05-11-2005, 05:38 AM
meshed up my new kit today...
bought a large piece of alloy mesh (1.2m wide 2m long)
the smaller sizes they had were not wide enough.

so im selling the rest off cheap i have about 1.5m left at full width (1.2m)

im willing to sell it at full width only at any height required

prefer in pickup, im in the manukau/botany area (auckland)

PM me a size required + your offer.

i3ooyah
05-11-2005, 06:31 AM
looking damn good

what about painting it black to suit the mesh between the headlights?

Gly
05-11-2005, 06:46 AM
i was acually gonna paint the mesh between the lights to match the silver mesh.
either that or find any after market grill and mesh it to match

bradc
05-11-2005, 09:20 AM
One thing that I think you should do to your car is to either paint the grill (not the mesh)body colour or rip it out and put in a VR-4 grill. I've never liked the chrome on the grill on the ST cars. If you did that, and had silver mesh behind the grill, I reckon the front of your car would look great.

Gly
05-11-2005, 11:28 AM
yeh i was thinking bout that one day...
i really want a non standard grill like freddys...
dont wanna waste money on having something painted im just gonna take of later anyway

bradc
05-11-2005, 11:56 AM
I really want Freddy's grill too, maybe if we say it enough we'll convince him to do something :D

Gly
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM
i actually talked to him bout this...
i thought he had produced them befor, but he hasnt so he has no mould for it
otherwise i may have been allowed to borrow it?

cant really ask the man to lend out his sexy grill..
would probabilly cost a fair bit to get made aswell.

I-S
05-11-2005, 10:46 PM
*ahem*

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=579

This is a genuine mitsubishi one, but rare. It's made of cast aluminium, and painted. You could strip and polish it perhaps? You ain't having my one though...

bradc
05-11-2005, 10:55 PM
I've never seen that one over here at all. It could look ok if it was painted body colour

I-S
05-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I've only ever once seen it on one other galant. From it's similiarity in registration to mine (all 4 letters the same and the first number the same) I think they may have come from the same source (ie germany, uk forces import).

Kieran
05-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Personally, I like the chrome grille. I swapped the standard VR-4 item for a V6-24 / ST one. I think the chrome accents the front of the car and gives a highlight to an otherwise somewhat monotone front.

ShadyNZer
07-11-2005, 08:24 AM
seen one like that a couple times....really want a grill like the pic i put up but thats dreaming

bumpers lookin good gly...i was thinkin of gettin proper mesh like the ones on my spots but ill end up up takin it off anyway when i get my IC after xmas so ill stick to recycling from my old bumper lol

Gly
07-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Thanks, yeh, thats a sexy grill

will sell at $10 per 10cm x 120cm Piece
(10 x 120 = $10, 20 x 120 = $20, 30 x 120 = $30 etc.)

mpau009
08-11-2005, 06:07 AM
seen one like that a couple times....really want a grill like the pic i put up but thats dreaming

Sorry, but i'm officially going to hikack this thread... (please don't hate me.. :embarasse )

I have that grille, (got it off trademe for $30 - go figure... :thumbsup: ) and i tracked the name down for you if you want it - but you'll probably need someone to speak japanese to try and order one, and i think they're all pretty pricy.

Check it out, theres heaps of cool stuff - maybe someone can tell me how we might be able to order sum stuff???

http://www.j-rally.net/%7Emarjo/comfort/leg1/index.html

Click on Library, then Aeroparts 3, then the kit maker is called 'liberal'

bradc
08-11-2005, 06:47 AM
hmmm, I know someone that may be able to get some of that.

mpau, could you post a pic of the front of your car please? (or are you coming along to the night cruise)

Gly
08-11-2005, 06:49 AM
still have 70cm X 120cm left

mpau009
08-11-2005, 09:21 AM
hmmm, I know someone that may be able to get some of that.
mpau, could you post a pic of the front of your car please? (or are you coming along to the night cruise)

I'll try and update my photos, but it doesn't look as good as those photos, looks awesome from the front, but with the 1997 str bumper, it overhangs with a bit of a gap and looks a bit off from the side - thats why iv been looking for something different for the front.

Some of those jap bodykits look pretty good, and it might be worth getting to have something different if freight is reasonable, they only have crux kits on ebay. Do you know someone who can translate?

And i'll try to get along to the meet, sounds like it will be a bit of fun.

bradc
08-11-2005, 10:10 AM
If you want to get rid of that grill and want to swap with my facelift VR-4 grill, let me know ;)

Gly
08-11-2005, 10:19 AM
mpau009 was it you on trademe that was interested in the stock lip from my old bumper??

would you be interested in a swap for your grill,
and i would also pay some cash.. and give you my old grill if you wanted?

ShadyNZer
08-11-2005, 11:27 AM
I have that grille, (got it off trademe for $30 - go figure... :thumbsup: )
soooooo....how much u wanna sell for :thumbsup: bro u if got some fabricated or moulded or whatever and sold them on trademe, im sure youll make a a bit of money of em.. :thumbsup: but yeah chuck up some pics....

mpau009
08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
mpau009 was it you on trademe that was interested in the stock lip from my old bumper??

Yeah, iv been looking at a few ideas, but since iv just got a decent job for the uni holidays, i'll probably try and replace the whole thing.

And i'm not too keen on giving up the grille, bargains like that don't come along that often - i think they meant to start the bidding at $30, not the buynow - it was only up for a couple of hours. Seller was mag and turbo in christchurch, they might know where it came from?

I'll take a photo this afternoon, the cars pretty dirty tho. :rolleyes4

bradc
08-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, I got in first on the grill offer :)

You could always get someone to take a mould of it, so that we can all get one made, and you should be able to make some money off that as well.

mpau009
09-11-2005, 05:31 AM
Heres the photo of the grille on my str, as you can see it overhangs a little in the front, and the colours not quite right, but i was stoked for 30 bucks.

I'm really keen to make an inquiry about one of those fronts, so if anyone can help let me know.

mpau009
09-11-2005, 05:34 AM
crap, try again... /pan

mpau009
09-11-2005, 05:52 AM
BTW, Gly, your front kit is on that website as well, its under library, aeroparts five, and the design was originally made by airreal factory... those trademe people must have got a mould.

ShadyNZer
09-11-2005, 07:48 PM
yeah SSP got it moulded from a dudes legnum the mount....but yeah if u can find someone to mould that grill for ya gizza yell...

Gly
10-11-2005, 01:07 AM
BTW, Gly, your front kit is on that website as well, its under library, aeroparts five, and the design was originally made by airreal factory... those trademe people must have got a mould.

SCARRY!! when i first bought my car, there was a whole lot of AirReal stickers in the glove box..
and the factory kit that was on it wasnt fitted properly (half the screws were missing) and you could see ware marks on the body from where a different kit had been...

it must be destiny..

also how do feel about letting one of us (cvr4 members) borrow you lip to have amould made, so we can have a few produced.

mpau009
10-11-2005, 05:13 AM
how do feel about letting one of us (cvr4 members) borrow your lip to have a mould made, so we can have a few produced.

I don't mind letting you have a go if you want, but it would be good to keep the numbers down, cause theres only two others that i have seen in NZ. It might need a bit of a clean up as well, you wouldn't want some stone chips and stuff in a mould... plus it would save me doing it /Hmmm

Iv still got my old grille, so if you have to leave it with someone for a day or two that would be okay.

Its only held on with tape at the moment, so if you want to see how it suits your kit, its no trouble.

Gly
10-11-2005, 05:40 AM
sweet im up for it, you going to the meet on the 19th.
i could it get if off you then.

mpau009
10-11-2005, 06:46 AM
sweet im up for it, you going to the meet on the 19th.
i could it get if off you then.

Yeah i should be able to go. i'm looking forward to seeing your handywork in the flesh, got any more tricks up your sleeve?

Gly
10-11-2005, 07:40 AM
not sure yet, gotta have a look at your grill see how hard it will be to copy..
i know how its done... but never tried...(thats half the fun thou - learning as you go)

might go see a pro and find out if he can do a cashie and then destroy the mould so there arent 100s made..

bumper was easy as it was just fibre glass repairs which ive done 100s of times.

copying something will be a first.

bradc
10-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Gly, if you do get the grill then I will be your first customer, I'll share the costs 50/50 with you if we get one each. mpau, would you be ok if we made 2 copies?

mpau009
10-11-2005, 07:16 PM
would you be ok if we made 2 copies?

Yeah if you guys want to do it go for it, i just didn't really like the idea of selling a bunch on trademe or anything, cause it would make mine less noticable, i reckon it'll look pretty damn good on that SSP front tho.

Gly
10-11-2005, 07:17 PM
soulds good to me bradc, thats if its ok with mpau,
i gotta buy more fibre glass and resin as ive run out after doing the bumper repair and re-enforcing.

bradc
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
mpau, my car will look very unique anyway, I'm going with a new bumper, side skirts, bonnet, and I will get a custom rear bumper made up for my twin exhausts. On that subject, does anyone know a good place to go in Auckland that can make custom bumpers?

ShadyNZer
10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
oooh oooh me too me too /wave

done a gay quick job in a photo editing proggy, should look pretty phat...

Gly
11-11-2005, 08:45 AM
eeepp! i made an enquiry with SSP to make a mould, appox $300.
(as far as i know we keep the only mould for this price)

sent another question about having 5 grills made, to see how much more it will cost.

1 for me,bradc,shady,
sell the other 2 off on TM to try recover some costs and perhaps a donation to mpau009 for lending his original??

if its to much, ill do it myself... and only produce for CVR4 paid up members.

Gly
11-11-2005, 08:49 AM
HAHAHAAHA

100$ each to make 5 from the mould..

stuff that..

ill do it myself.

im open to donations to buy the fibreglass and resin..
or if anyones got some hookups? for either.

bradc
11-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I'd be happy to pay $100, the question is would there be enough other people?

Gly
11-11-2005, 09:35 AM
yeh but it wouldnt be a hundy,
its $300 to get the mould done, (as we would have to buy the mould so they dont selll more) then $100 each per copy,

and to respect mpau009's wishes off only doing a few say 5,

it would cost us $160 each.
im not paying that much thats for sure.

mpau009
11-11-2005, 09:45 AM
On that website i found, the price from liberal is 28000 yen, the exchange is about 80 - 82 from ASB, so by my maths thats 28000/82 = $341NZD I might have done that wrong, but if you can make it for $100 seems good in comparison..

Another idea i had, a mate of mine does alot of vacuum forming at his uni, could you just make a copy that way, thats roughly the same size, or use that as a negative?

If you decide to make some copies, you should take some photos to post, id be keen to see how it all works.

Either way, i'll bring it along for the meet.

Gly
11-11-2005, 10:04 AM
sweet, ill do that.

ShadyNZer
11-11-2005, 12:32 PM
... and only produce for CVR4 paid up members.
bloody marvelous idea bro!! :thumbsup: