PDA

View Full Version : Old Noobie ....

Xeroid
07-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Confused ? you soon will be.....

Used to log on here quite a bit cos we've had 3 VR4s ( 92 - 96 and now a 2000 ) all purchased by my wife as her 'shopping trolley' - yeah right !!

Now about to finally trade in my old 96 Subie and buy ... you guessed it, a 2000 Legnum VR4. Once the Subie is gone this will make us an all Mitsi household. ( Also still got an 4G61 '88 Cyborg Mirage Hatch ).

So might start hanging round here again if the natives are friendly. We're both Rally Nutters, I take serious rally pix ( chk out www.rallyshotz.cjb.net ) and we are both long term Mitsi addicts. We came along to the first ClubVR4 meet in NZ several years ago with I think #2 VR4, the 96 model. Both our cars are standard but the Legnum has had some jap mods, 18/225/40 on BEO rims, big bore exhaust ( bit too noisy ) and Pod filter which needs some cold air. Recognise a few names still posting so hi to you guys and I'll be back to see whats what.

Cheers :chugchug:

Gly
07-11-2005, 07:28 PM
hello and welcome back..
i didnt know there was a NZ CVR4 several years ago!
i thought the first meet was one i went to almost 2 years ago!

Xeroid
10-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Several ? Two ? yeah, that would be about right, under the harbour bridge in Auckland after meeting up at the domain I think.
I took some pix but flash was too small so not much good.

Car has been delayed anyway, needs a small fix, awaiting parts ( is this a sign of things to come ? hope not ) so don't get it till after the weekend. Have to be satisfied driving the wifes VR4,... yup,.. gonna be a 2 VR4 family and at present got an '88 Cyborg downstairs as well, the ' All Mitsubishi ' Family. :thumbsup:

Cyborg will go soon, haven't got time to use it, sits in the garage most of the time. Was going to use it for club racing but other things got in the way, namely Rally Photography so I take pics instead of driving. Almost as much fun ( and dangerous ) and it is a little bit cheaper just about. I upgraded the camera somewhat so selling a bit now. Haven't covered costs yet but having fun trying.

Chk out www.rallyshotz.cjb.net for some sample pix.

cheers
:chugchug:

Xeroid
10-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Actually just spotted in my CP details ( doh! ) I/we joined in Nov 2003 and first meet was mid December 2003. I remember cos my wife picked me up from our company Xmas do about 10pm and we caught up with everybody down under the bridge. Had a silver '96 VR4 then. It got stuck on that recall June 2004 and we found the 2000 VR4 while that was stuck in the garage so we traded up. Was quicker than waiting for parts ... /yes

Xeroid
21-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Ok, for Bradc mainly few teaser pix. Still needs full cut, polish and wax job, can't trust these car yards to do it properly.

Front low shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/xeroid/LegnumVR4/Pict0007s.jpg
Recaros
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/xeroid/LegnumVR4/Pict0008ls.jp
The perfect garage, the Cyborg is sold now...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/xeroid/LegnumVR4/Pict0011s.jpg

New Alpine HU into it tomorrow.

/Steeringw

dreamer
21-11-2005, 09:39 AM
That's a nice ride you've got.
The garage looks too good to be true.

Very impressive, I'm jealous!
- Jono

The Vee
21-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Don't think I was around on your initial visits to the site, but Welcome back :thumbsup:
Good looking car - in the best colour too /yes

/waits for the flack