PDA

View Full Version : Southern Meet 5 - Happy Xmas

Spirit
08-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Plans are afoot for Southern Meet 5 :thumbsup:

The idea is to have a get together for a meal/overnight stay to celebrate Xmas :chugchug: and have a good old chinwag - probably on a Saturday night, and then maybe a cruise /Steeringw somewhere on the Sunday.

Location and dates are yet to be decided, but Taunton/Bristol area sounds likely. Of course, all our Northern friends are also welcome to attend :thumbsup: (Date now confirmed as evening of Saturday 17th Dec and daytime Sunday 18th), also venue now confirmed - please see page 2 of this thread for full details.
Would be great to also meet some recent new South West VR4 owners.

Ideas and interested parties, please start replying here !

Southern Meet 5 Confirmed Attendees: Saturday Night Meal/Stay Over

N.B. The meal is now booked for 9pm.

Spirit & Missbitchy - hotel booked :thumbsup:
HJM's - hotel booked :thumbsup: Menu received :thumbsup:
Paul Beazer - hotel booked :thumbsup: Menu received :thumbsup:
Andy & Debbie (The Vee) - hotel booked :thumbsup: Menu received :thumbsup:
Malc (MPBVr4) - no hotel required, menu received :thumbsup:
Fatgeek + Shaz - hotel booked :thumbsup: Menu received :thumbsup:

Southern Meet 5 Confirmed Attendees: Sunday Outing

Spirit & Missbitchy - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
HJM's - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Paul Beazer - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Andy & Debbie (The Vee) - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Malc plus 1 (MPBVr4) - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Fatgeek plus 1 - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Kato plus 1 - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Brunty - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
Nick Mann - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH
ariddell - CONFIRMED FOR LUNCH

Spirit
08-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Just been looking and there is a Premier Travel Inn just off J25 of the M5 (Taunton - Ruishton) and it has a pub/tavern with a country cavery right next to it. May be worth a call

NevGroom
08-11-2005, 08:49 AM
Depends when really - Car will be going in for "treatment" at some point - Is driveable (just not got such a nice @rse at the moment)......

HJM
08-11-2005, 09:05 AM
We'll be there :thumbsup: (can't do the weekend of 10th December though :rolleyes4 )

ANTHONY
08-11-2005, 10:05 AM
possable....depends on my wifes back operation hopfuly she would have had it done by then... so it may be all four of us

ariddell
08-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Yep i'd be up for heading over for that, date dependant..

Al

Nick Mann
08-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Assuming I have a car and no previous appointments, I'll be down. I haven't made it to a southern meet yet!

Brunty
08-11-2005, 11:19 AM
I shall be watching this thread with interest :inquisiti

Spirit
08-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Lots of ifs and buts, however that's to be expected at this stage I guess.

Anyone got any knowledge of the area to recommend anywhere to eat/stay ?

HJM
08-11-2005, 06:01 PM
We know the area a bit, so will get our heads together and see if we can think of anything else to see/do/stay etc /help

As for the date, bearing in mind that if you exclude this coming Saturday and Christmas Eve, there are only five Saturdays left before Christmas, so narrowing one down shouldn’t be too hard, should it :rolleyes4

So, we are left with:-

19th November
26th November
3rd December
10th December
17th December

We cannot make the 26th (Oulton) or the 10th, but what about the rest of you?

Paul Beazer
08-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Hmmm, could do with a break somewhere. Would be nice to meet up with some of you (i've only ever met Nick Mann so far!)
If i can convince the missus.....

The Vee
09-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Could make any of them but the 17th may be tricky, but need to know soon so I can book it. 26th and 10th are out coz HJM's cant do 'em so unless peeps want to go on the earlier ones I think we're already narrowed down to the 3rd or 17th. I know of a pub near Somerton that does fantastic meals, but may be a bit off the beaten track for evening meal as there aint no hotel nearby (thinking alcohol of course) Shall make some more enquirees tomorrow.

Spirit
09-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Ermm, I cannot make the 3rd :embarasse

Looking tricky, but then this time of year it always is. If everyone else can make the 3rd then go ahead - if not how about setting the 17th as the date ?

The Vee
09-11-2005, 05:12 PM
OK 17th it is then by process of elimination!! May be tricky for me,as I said, but I'll put in for it tomorrow.

kato
10-11-2005, 12:19 AM
:chugchug: Count me in. look forward to meeting all.

Spirit
10-11-2005, 12:20 AM
:chugchug: Count me in. look forward to meeting all.

Hey great news mate :thumbsup:

HJM
10-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Ok - date decided (17/12/05) :thumbsup:

Location and booking of hotel ? :inquisiti

Is Somerton too far west or others prepared to travel /Hmmm (i.e from brum, London, etc ?)

Time to start a confirmed attendance list /yes

Spirit
10-11-2005, 09:25 PM
What have you got in mind guys ? I just thought it would be easier to keep it as close to the motorway as possible but always open to suggestions - especially if you have somewhere that you can recommend - especially if they can feed, water and house us all for the night :thumbsup:

HJM
10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
What have you got in mind guys ? I just thought it would be easier to keep it as close to the motorway as possible but always open to suggestions - especially if you have somewhere that you can recommend - especially if they can feed, water and house us all for the night :thumbsup:

Mmm, may have a plan - just making some enquiries :inquisiti

Spirit
11-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Ok, just made some telephone enquiries regarding my original idea about the Premier Travel Inn at Ruishton which has the Blackbrook Tavern next door.

The Premier Travel Inn currently have in excess of 20 rooms available so that's a goer if we get booking.

I also spoke to the Blackbrook Tavern and they have a set party menu and are sending me a copy. They do not usually take bookings, but if we had a large group they would but we would have to pay a deposit per person.

Peoples thoughts, other ideas......Heath and Jane's idea ?

I will post up once I get the menu from Blackbrook but I think we need to move fast whatever we are gonna do.

HJM
12-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Ok, just made some telephone enquiries regarding my original idea about the Premier Travel Inn at Ruishton which has the Blackbrook Tavern next door.

The Premier Travel Inn currently have in excess of 20 rooms available so that's a goer if we get booking.

I also spoke to the Blackbrook Tavern and they have a set party menu and are sending me a copy. They do not usually take bookings, but if we had a large group they would but we would have to pay a deposit per person.

I will post up once I get the menu from Blackbrook but I think we need to move fast whatever we are gonna do.

I think this is a better idea than mine anyway tbh - but I agree, we need to start booking if this is going to happen /yes

Paul Beazer
12-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Mentioned this to the other half, she didnt say no, OMG! So all things being equal i hope to meet up with you all..

So 17th suits me, im happy to do whatever the majority want, let me know if deposit money is reqd in advance for rooms etc.

Paul

HJM
12-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Mentioned this to the other half, she didnt say no, OMG! So all things being equal i hope to meet up with you all..

So 17th suits me, im happy to do whatever the majority want, let me know if deposit money is reqd in advance for rooms etc.

Paul

Great - see you there :thumbsup:

Spirit
13-11-2005, 11:06 AM
let me know if deposit money is reqd in advance for rooms etc.

People will have to book their own rooms, but a deposit may be required for the food :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
13-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Contact details etc? Please?

Spirit
13-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Contact details etc? Please?

We are still to confirm venue, but of course full details will be announced here once confirmed :thumbsup:

The Vee
13-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Yep happy with Premier Me 'n D but maybe not the V................. depends if I've started gettin engine out by then!!!

Spirit
14-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Yep happy with Premier Me 'n D but maybe not the V................. depends if I've started gettin engine out by then!!!

Great news mate :thumbsup:

I have dug out that item you wanted regarding the engine, but currently do not have a box suitable for transportation......so bear with me mate

The Vee
14-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Great news mate :thumbsup:

I have dug out that item you wanted regarding the engine, but currently do not have a box suitable for transportation......so bear with me mate

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cheers mate

HJM
14-11-2005, 08:10 PM

So, are we going for this then :inquisiti

The Vee
14-11-2005, 08:17 PM
So, are we going for this then :inquisiti

fine by me - just need to book it - is it on the net?

Paul Beazer
14-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Suits me, oooh stroke the badge kenneth......

Spirit
14-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Right, here goes then. Confirmed dates and venue:

Date: Saturday 17th December 2005
Venues: Hotel - Premier Travel Inn - Taunton (Ruishton) - £46.95, Food/Drinks - Blackbrook Tavern (next door)

The menu is a fixed price and is £16.95 per head for 4 courses:

(v) = suitable for vegetarians

Starters:

Brie Wedges with Cranberry Sauce (v)
Seasonal Starter Bar - visit the starter bar and create your own starter
Seasonal Soup - with crusty baguette

Main Courses:

Hot Carvery - choice of 3 roasts including turkey and beef
Salmon with Bearnaise Sauce
Tuscan Tart - a herb pastry tart with Tuscan-style vegetable ragout, chargrilled aubergine, red pesto and slices of Brie (v)

Desserts:

Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
Clotted Cream Ice Cream with Toffee Sauce
Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce
Black Forest Meringue Roulade

Coffee & Mince Pie

So, what you need to do !

Firstly, book your hotel room - just CLICK HERE ! (http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/home.do) - please ensure you select Taunton (Ruishton) and not one of the other 3 Taunton hotels. I would suggest you book this urgently as it's the last weekend before Xmas !

Second, PM me with each persons choice of meals - these need to be pre-booked in advance. There is a deposit per person to pay when I book it - so please don't say you are coming and then back out ! I need each persons starter, main course and dessert please.

Finally, who is going to organise the Sunday outing ? I will do all the above but need a volunteer to sort a cruise/event for the next day.

Lastly, here's a map.

The Vee
14-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Just tried to book it - the link won't work, something about page unavailable when you put your details in. Will do it by phone.

Spirit
14-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Just tried to book it - the link won't work, something about page unavailable when you put your details in. Will do it by phone.

Just booked mine online :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
14-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Im booked for the 17th with my missus :thumbsup:

Pete, will pm you my menu choices when she who must be cajoled decides.....

ANTHONY
14-11-2005, 11:11 PM
wife is still waiting for her op so looks like i'm gonna have to give this a miss... i dont think she is gonna go in before xmas......... so may be a southern meet in the new year

The Vee
14-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Just booked it ok :thumbsup: (by phone!!)

Spirit
14-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Well done Paul and Andy :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the wife Anthony :embarasse

HJM
14-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Booked :thumbsup:

Spirit
14-11-2005, 11:35 PM
As the "email everyone" admin function is currently not working, I have just emailed everyone manually from the membership list of people who may realistically been in the catchment area to attend. Of course, not those of you who have already responded here.

Let's make this the biggest SM yet !

Also, thanks to Heath and Jane who have volunteered to sort the Sunday "outing" out ! Watch this space for details ........ thanks guys :thumbsup:

HJM
15-11-2005, 08:07 AM
I think I've just been volunteered again by my wife :rolleyes4

Wonder if there are any nice quiet pubs around that way for sunday lunch /Hmmm

HJM
16-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Here are some suggestions for somewhere to go on the Sunday:-

1. Haynes Motor Museum (http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/hours.php)

2. Fleet Air Arm Museum (http://www.fleetairarm.com/index2.htm)

3. Cricket St Thomas Wildlife Park (http://www.cstwp.co.uk/)

Is this the sort of thing you are interested in or do you just want a blast and lunch :inquisiti

Cheers :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
16-11-2005, 11:15 PM
A blast and then lunch? You mean we get up before midday on a sunday??

Hmm, other half having problems getting the afternoon off on the sat, might not be able to get there until 9pm, will see....

HJM
16-11-2005, 11:26 PM
A blast and then lunch? You mean we get up before midday on a sunday??

Hmm, other half having problems getting the afternoon off on the sat, might not be able to get there until 9pm, will see....

It's all just suggestions - nowt set in stone :happy:

Spirit
17-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Another confirmed booking.......thanks Malc !

A blast and Haynes sounds good to me. Will be nice to revisit the place that hooked me on trackdays /grr /pan /yes :thumbsup:

Where is everyone else ??? We need to book asap so roll up, roll up

The Vee
17-11-2005, 06:32 PM
A blast and Haynes sounds good to me. Will be nice to revisit the place that hooked me on trackdays /grr /pan /yes :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'd go for that. Never been there before but past it many! Believe it has quite a bit on display?

Spirit
17-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I'd go for that. Never been there before but past it many! Believe it has quite a bit on display?

It's meant to be ok, but the condition we may be in that day that is probably sufficient :chugchug:

Best confirm it's open ?

HJM
17-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Yep it's open :thumbsup:

ariddell
19-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Bugger, just checked with he who must be obeyed and I've apprently agreed to go and see friggin Duran Duran in Glasgow that weekend so I'm not going to be able to make it.

Shame, i was really looking forward to that "Tuscan Tart" and all..... /grr

Now where can i get a lobotomy and my ears removed at this short notice?....

Spirit
20-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Thats a shame mate, and to see Duran Duran /Hmmm :embarasse

Right, time is running out fast........anyone else ?

Missbitchy
23-11-2005, 10:15 AM
IS THIS DEAD IN THE WATER ?????? :embarasse

There has been a poor interest in this , Xmas is a mad time of year so maybe we can do a new year meet up and tie it in with Earl's visit - there may be a few more people available with more money to spare. /Hmmm

It may be something we could think of as the hotel can be cancelled and the meal is not even booked yet .

If it is to go ahead the pub will need to be told how many we are and what we want with a deposit of £5( See Pete )(thanks to the ones that have already been sent).

I hope it goes off one way or another to be able to have drinks and not get up at 6am the next day would be nice !!!!!! :rolleyes4

Shaz and Pete :chugchug:

Footnote from Pete: Last night I emailed all the people again that I emailed last week - will see if I get any more response.

NevGroom
23-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Work takes me to Mexico on Monday - Not back until Sat 17th so will have to miss this one (car wont be fixed either!)

The Vee
23-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Oh that's a bu&&er. Hope you don't enjoy that warm sunshine too much /pan /pan
So as a last ditch attempt to keep this alive, ANYONE ELSE?

NevGroom
23-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Mexico City sadly - Not so hot there.....

ANTHONY
23-11-2005, 06:35 PM
sadly as i said before, wife is waiting for her op. so i have to miss this time. but will be up for a southern meet in the new year

Brunty
23-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Wonder if there are any nice quiet pubs around that way for sunday lunch /Hmmm

I won't be able to join in on Saturday night - would like to meet you all for this bit and/or any of the Sunday trips you might plan (as long as they aren't starting too early! :chugchug: )

Spirit
23-11-2005, 11:09 PM
I won't be able to join in on Saturday night - would like to meet you all for this bit and/or any of the Sunday trips you might plan (as long as they aren't starting too early! :chugchug: )

That would be great Brunty :thumbsup:

I'm sure we won't be starting too early on the Sunday !

The Vee
23-11-2005, 11:15 PM
That would be great Brunty :thumbsup:

I'm sure we won't be starting too early on the Sunday !

Good. So we're still on then. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
23-11-2005, 11:18 PM
:embarasse

Vicky has some friends coming that weekend. I definitely can't make the night. If I am lucky then the lads will want to escape for the day on sunday. Fingers crossed!

HJM
23-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Good. So we're still on then. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Are we? For definite?

We'd better book the kennels then /yes

The Vee
23-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Are we? For definite?

We'd better book the kennels then /yes

TBH for me never any doubt, as long as the remainder are happy. :thumbsup:

Spirit
23-11-2005, 11:23 PM
If the people who have confirmed are still up for it then what the hell :thumbsup:

The Vee
23-11-2005, 11:25 PM
If the people who have confirmed are still up for it then what the hell :thumbsup:

That's the Spirit !!

/coat on

HJM
23-11-2005, 11:26 PM
That's the Spirit !!

/coat on

/haz OK, will book him in then :thumbsup:

Spirit
23-11-2005, 11:28 PM
That's the Spirit !!

/coat on

/pan /pan /pan

BTW, do you want some more Ronson's ? Apparantly they are back in stock

Let's leave the invite open until Friday evening and then I will call the pub and make the required booking

The Vee
23-11-2005, 11:31 PM
PM sent

Paul Beazer
24-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Im still up for it! :thumbsup:
Unlikely to make the meal sat, but be there about 9(ish) for drinks and cocktails. Its about a 100mile journey for me and i wont be on the mainland until 7ish. So see you there?

MPBVr4
24-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Yep still up for it. Easy for me just a short trip down the road.

The Vee
24-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Paul and MPBVr4 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and a convoy from Brum on the Sunday

Spirit
24-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Im still up for it! :thumbsup:
Unlikely to make the meal sat, but be there about 9(ish) for drinks and cocktails. Its about a 100mile journey for me and i wont be on the mainland until 7ish. So see you there?

TBH mate I am working the Saturday until 5pm anyway so unlikely I will be there until 7pm either, I will ask the pub the latest time for the meal - maybe you can still make it then :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
25-11-2005, 12:41 PM
When i say mainland i mean portsmouth, prob looking at 2 hr drive from there. But let me know what time last food orders are?

Polabear
25-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Have stayed out of this thread up till now but as I explained to Pete in a few pm's sadly because of work (still off sick) and lack of finances (chrimbo pending) I will definately not be able to make it, there was just an outside chance....but not to be, I will be with you all in spirit (no pun intended) have a good weekend... :chugchug: and hopefully I shall be more in attendance in the new year... :thumbsup: (shoulder and pending surgeries permitting)....

The Vee
25-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Not to worry Pola, pity, but understandable. Hope the new year brings a change in fortunes for you :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
26-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Pola, sorry to hear you cant make it. Hope you get the shoulder etc sorted! Take it easy! :thumbsup:

Spirit
27-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Opps ! Forgot to call the pub :embarasse , will do it later today

FatGeek
27-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi - I'm a new member, having just got my VR-4 a little over a month ago. I've convinced my mrs that we need a little road trip, so count me in!

I'll call the hotel tomorrow (Monday) to see if we can get a room at this late stage; if we can, we'll be along on Sat eve for dinner. We're coming from the Isle of Wight.

FatGeek
27-11-2005, 11:24 PM
P.S. When I say "member" I mean "user", really - membership should be happening shortly! :embarasse

kato
27-11-2005, 11:55 PM
:embarasse Sorry folks cant make the sat evening as the misses'es work doo snuck in while i wasnt watching, yip pee not, but Im game for Sunday without a doubt just give me a time and a place?

Spirit
28-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Excellent news guys, will await your reply Fatgeek and then call then the pub :thumbsup:

FatGeek
28-11-2005, 12:27 PM
OK, hotel booked. Menu choices: 2x Starter Bar; 2x Carvery; 2x Profiteroles.

Thanks for organising - look forward to seeing you all there.

Spirit
28-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Calling pub tonight !

Paul Beazer
28-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Pete, any idea what time pub stops serving food? Might not be an issue, but at least i can have all the bases covered!

Spirit
28-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Pete, any idea what time pub stops serving food? Might not be an issue, but at least i can have all the bases covered!

Right, the table is booked :thumbsup:

I took a chance and booked it for 11 of us as follows:

Spirit x 2
HJM x 2
The Vee x 2
Fatgeek x 2
Paul Beazer x 2
MPBVR4 x 1

The good news is that I got us in for a time of 9pm.

I have everyones meals except yours Paul, so please can you PM me urgently as I need to send the meal order and deposit in the next few days.

Paul Beazer
28-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Pete, you have a pm.

Spirit
28-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Paul's better half isn't coming now, so have amended the booking to 10 and the order/deposit has been posted :thumbsup:

Just a reminder that the meal is £16.95 per head, and I have paid the £5 per head deposit so you can just repay me that on the night.

Now my part is done :smug: , it's over to the Sunday organisers to confirm times/venue etc as we have quite a few that may be coming on the Sunday

/shouts to Jane /yes

HJM
29-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Paul's better half isn't coming now, so have amended the booking to 10 and the order/deposit has been posted :thumbsup:

Just a reminder that the meal is £16.95 per head, and I have paid the £5 per head deposit so you can just repay me that on the night.

Now my part is done :smug: , it's over to the Sunday organisers to confirm times/venue etc as we have quite a few that may be coming on the Sunday

/shouts to Jane /yes

Nice one Pete - thanks for organising the meal :thumbsup:

OK, I think we should go to Haynes - we've never been and I quite fancy it (in fact, we may have enough for a 'group' booking /yes )

I'll get in touch with them and post when I hear back :thumbsup:

Hey, thanks goodness I only have one exam to take next Friday :rolleyes4

HJM
29-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Yes - get on with some studying, instead of mucking about with photos and calendars !!!

Your Husband

Spirit
29-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks Jane :thumbsup:

I have updated page 1 of this thread with the relevant interested parties, so who else is going to join us for the Sunday fun ??? /Steeringw

Paul Beazer
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Only two weeks to go. Really looking forward to meeting you all on the sat for a few beers and the rest who will be joining for the sunday run.
A fitting way to celebrate my first year of Galant ownership (bought it 11/12/04 from a certain Nick Mann)!
See you there! :thumbsup:

Kieran
05-12-2005, 01:01 AM
I know it's a bit late... But.... /Hmmm /Hmmm /Hmmm

I'll talk to Alex in the morning - Nick? Any idea if you're going yet?

Spirit
05-12-2005, 08:31 AM
I know it's a bit late... But.... /Hmmm /Hmmm /Hmmm

The more the merrier K, would be great to make the last meet of 2005 a big'un !

Paul Beazer
05-12-2005, 10:34 PM
He said big un, hee hee hee! Fnarr! /pan

Jim84
09-12-2005, 10:20 AM
damn it i cant come to this meet :( if it was the 18th i could have made it but my girlfriend is absailing down bristol childrens hospital for charity and i have to go and watch, sorry guys

MPBVr4
09-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Jim,

The BIG meet IS on the 18th - Sunday, there is gathering ending up at Haynes Motor
Museum - are you coming?

Jim84
09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
ah righ tthats brilliant, i will definately try to , i may be in my girlfriends civic jordan or my saab 95 im afraid though :oops:

the jordans not too bad lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/starlet69/Photo/P7032901.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/starlet69/Photo/P7032878.jpg

HJM
09-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Prefer the RX parked next to it :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing you on 18th :chugchug:

Kieran
09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Just been reminded by the cunning 'Alex percussive husband reminder device' /pan That we're already booked that weekend /dunce /dunce :embarasse

Enjoy yourselves guys! :thumbsup:

Missbitchy
09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
It's a shame you are unable to make it K & A .May be next time . :chugchug:

I'm dusting off the party dress and looking forward to seeing you all verrrry sooooon :thumbsup:

Kieran
09-12-2005, 09:36 PM
It's a shame you are unable to make it K & A .May be next time . :chugchug:

Yeah, it would've been nice to catch up - it seems like ages and ages since Santa Pod, or the lttle jaunt down to Redditch to Bomb the neighbourhood :evil2: (though the less said about the Sunday morning the fecking better /grr )

ariddell
10-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Right, i have just managed to escape the Duran x2 related horror & a weekend in Glasgow due to exhorbitant flight prices....

As such, may i enquire as to the plans for the Sunday as should it be feasable as a day trip from the big smoke i will be intent on joining whatever festivities are planned? :thumbsup: /yes /yes :smug:

Spirit
10-12-2005, 04:40 AM
Excellent news mate :thumbsup:

Jane....can we get a confirmed itinery going for the Sunday so people know what's happening ?

Suggestions for the meeting point......our hotel or en-route ?

HJM
10-12-2005, 09:26 AM
From our hotel :thumbsup:

We will post up more details soon but the main question is - what time does everyone want to leave the hotel?

I was thinking 11ish, then to Haynes for a couple of hours and then to a pub for lunch - any problems with that?

cheers,

The HJM's :happy:

Paul Beazer
10-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I think 11 sounds fine, should be awake and sober by then!

Spirit
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
11 seems a good time, also means anyone travelling down (e.g. Nick, Kieran etc) doesn't have to leave at silly o'clock.

BTW, we will have to depart around 4pm latest on the Sunday as we have yet another meal to go to - chinese this time for Shaz's mums birthday

kato
11-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Is that an 11oclock at hotel then ? and could someone let me know the name hotel please, cheers :thumbsup:

Spirit
11-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Is that an 11oclock at hotel then ? and could someone let me know the name hotel please, cheers :thumbsup:

All the info and a map is on page 2 of this thread mate, about half way down :thumbsup:

HJM
13-12-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone

I have found a pub which serves food all day and is just 6 miles from Haynes /yes

I reckon we would have had enough at Haynes after a couple of hours or so and on that reckoning, we could be at the pub by 2pm.

I have asked what sort of menu they will serve but from their website, it seems quite varied - typical pub grub.

So, the question is - who is up for lunch on Sunday?

If I can, I'd like to give them fairly accurate numbers by the end of the week, so if you are up for this, please shout now :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jane

MPBVr4
13-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Sounds good to me !
That'll be me plus 1.

Malc B

Nick Mann
13-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Looks at the moment like I will be there for sunday! Count me in.

ariddell
13-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Sounds good, I'll meet you lot at the museum at 12 or thereabouts in that case?

Anyone else heading down out of London on the Sun morning?

The Vee
13-12-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm shouting - 2 please :thumbsup:

Spirit
13-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Count us in of course, but we will have to be away by around 4pm'ish :thumbsup:

Brunty
13-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm all good for 11am Sunday at the hotel and will hang on for the meal as well.

Looks at the moment like I will be there for sunday! Count me in.

Nick, if for any reason you're struggling me a call and I can pick you up in the morning.

Steve

HJM
13-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Cheers everyone :thumbsup:

Paul Beazer
13-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Yep, count me in for lunch too!

kato
14-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Count me in + 1 :chugchug: :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
14-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Nick, if for any reason you're struggling me a call and I can pick you up in the morning.

Steve

Give us a shout and maybe we can mini-convoy down?

HJM
16-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Just to let you all know I have booked a table for 14/16 at 2.30 on Sunday HERE (http://www.catash.com/index.htm)

So, I reckon Sunday should go a bit like this - we will leave the hotel around 11, get to Haynes before 12, leave for pub at about 2.15ish?

Hope this sounds OK :inquisiti

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow and/or Sunday :thumbsup:

The HJM's :happy:

Brunty
16-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Nick - will text as I set off from Brum and call as I get closer to yours.

The HJM's - looks great can't wait.

Steve

The Vee
16-12-2005, 01:28 PM
As usual HJM's, your efforts are much appreciated. Thank you :thumbsup:

HJM
16-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Don't thank me - I did bu@@er all /yes

H

HJM
16-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Don't thank me - I did bu@@er all /yes

H

Ah, but you do keep me supplied with wine whilst I do it :smitten:

J

K9NG
16-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Ah, but you do keep me supplied with wine whilst I do it :smitten:

J

Ah that's sweet I knew his was good for something other than
cutting combe's grass /Steeringw /help

HJM
16-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Ah that's sweet I knew his was good for something other than
cutting combe's grass /Steeringw /help

/haz

J

FatGeek
16-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Yup, include my wife Shaz and me for pub, too.
- Philip

HJM
16-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Yup, include my wife Shaz and me for pub, too.
- Philip

Hi Philip

I took the liberty of including you in the numbers /yes

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow :thumbsup:

Jane

Spirit
17-12-2005, 07:51 AM
See you all later peeps - should get to the hotel between 4pm and 5pm if everything comes together :thumbsup:

Nick Mann
17-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Sorry, guys. I really want to come, but I have too much to do before the end of this coming week. I can't work out how to fit it all in if I don't do some of it tomorrow. :embarasse

Hope you all have a great time. :thumbsup:

ANTHONY
17-12-2005, 11:41 PM
/Hissy i rearly wanted to go ....... oh well will have to be next year now

ariddell
18-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Well, despite me working in I.T. all my life i now apparently am incapable of setting a bloody alarm clock properly....

As such I'm now a bit stuffed for time to get down for lunch so am not going to make it, gutted. :(

HJM
18-12-2005, 10:46 PM
You guys who didn't make it - your calendars are still in the boot of my car :embarasse

I will post them tomorrow /yes

J

kato
18-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Great day out, good to meet everyone who went, and arssing around on the 303 /Steeringw was pretty cool, cant wait till next meet . Well done and thanks to all that organised it.
Cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HJM
19-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Great day out, good to meet everyone who went, and arssing around on the 303 /Steeringw was pretty cool, cant wait till next meet . Well done and thanks to all that organised it.
Cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great to meet you Lee :thumbsup:

Arsing around :inquisiti Nah, must have been another convoy - there was none of that going on from where I was sitting :evil2:

See you at the next one /Steeringw

J :happy:

Spirit
19-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Yeah good to meet you Lee....let me know when you head down this way and pop in for coffee.

For those who did not make it, we did miss you and hope you make the next one :thumbsup:

MidnightSun
19-12-2005, 08:27 AM
My first ClubVR4 meet and great to be able to put some faces to the names. Thanks everyone, hope to meet you all again in 2006!

Spirit
19-12-2005, 08:31 AM
My first ClubVR4 meet and great to be able to put some faces to the names. Thanks everyone, hope to meet you all again in 2006!

Was good to see you Chris :thumbsup:

FatGeek
19-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Weekend was much enjoyed by Shaz and me - great to meet you all, looking forward to next meet...

... talking of which, shall we start a thread on the proposed "Island Run" around the Isle of Wight, for sometime late March / early April?

- Philip

vampirej
19-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Just saw the vid, nice one Spirit. Wanted to come but had a really bad flu this weekend, look forward to meeting you guys next time.

MPBVr4
19-12-2005, 10:14 AM
Great weekend. Very much enjoyed spending to time with like minded "petrol heads"
also putting faces to names.

Much thanks to Jane (mine's a dry white), Pete and Shaz for organising everthing.

Brunty
19-12-2005, 10:57 AM
For those who did not make it, we did miss you and hope you make the next one :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't make it - had a couple of major /help /Grrr :smash: /duh /juggle with the :computer: - not a great weekend for me all told. Hopefully I called in enough time not to inconvenience you too much.

Looks like you all had a great time, my loss, look forward to the next opportunity to meet up.

Steve

Paul Beazer
23-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Finally got to grips with sorting out last weekends pictures...

1) In the pub sat night (l-r Jane, Heath, Shaz, Pete & Malc)
2) Brr! Chilly, the lawnmower and my car (fatgeeks in background) at the hotel sunday morning
3) Lineup (L-R Pete, Malc, Lee, Philip, Chris, HJM, Mine, Andy's Audi)
4) Convoy! (R-F Malc, Philip, Lawnmower man)