PDA

View Full Version : Any Substance Behind Your Nick?

tunes
09-09-2003, 10:46 AM
'tunes' is pretty self explanatory i guess... Music is and has always been a huge part of my life, wouldn't really be living without music! Reasonablly involved with the NZ dance/club scene with the running of www.biggie.co.nz INSERT INTO post VALUES (shameless plug :D )... Oh yeah, is also my number plate.

Any stories behind yours besides it just being part of your legal name?

BraindG
09-09-2003, 12:19 PM
Well, my nick has a fairly long history..
basically, it stemmed from my gaming days..
the ID in one form or another is about 6 years old - however before this it was Braindead (amiga days when i used to do PD stuff).. but when I signed up on the zone.com to begin by gaming years it was already taken :( so I proceeded to spend the next 30 minutes trying to find something close to it.. Finally I ended up with braindozygit - which is a product of countless attempts to find a nickname similar to Braindead (believe it or not)

I had this name for many years while I played Age Of Empires/Age Of Kings - mid way through Age of Kings I was assimilated into one of he worlds top clans "DaRq" and was subsequently know as DaRq_Brain Continued playing Age of Kings, moving on to Empire Earth - beta tested Age Of Mythology, and played a bit with Rise Of nations.. - till the day I decided to stop playing games "professionally" (if you can call it that) (doing searches in google for braindozygit/darq_brain should find you some of my past :rolleyes: )

From then on all forum names have gone back to the Braindozygit name, however abbreviated to BraindG for ease of use..

and that's that :D

enigma
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
bigdaveakers.........kinda self explanatory, it my name and I am a fat basta$%!!!!!

Brind
09-09-2003, 05:26 PM
"Braindead" My ex next door neighbour was called that but it was more of an insult :D

Again, Brind is just short for my surname.
I was called Brind during school and college without promting... I guess it was just too difficult for people to just call me Mark. :D
Besides, I quite like it as it is a little different. :)

Nick VR4
09-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Nick thats me name VR4 coz I got one :D

Roadrunner
09-09-2003, 08:10 PM
Gettin' on a bit, can't remember long words ;) Doc says I've got short-term memory loss. Could be long-term. I don't remember :D

Darren
09-09-2003, 08:12 PM
The meaning of Darren
Origin: English
Meaning: Great. Origin uncertai Famous bearer: 1960s husband of Samantha in the American television sitcom 'Bewitched'.

Origin: Gaelic
Meaning: Great.

Origin: Greek
Meaning: Variant of Darin: Gift.

haha i'm great i am. unless in great it means large, as in fat, as in great big fat bast. lol

SGHOM
09-09-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by H.7
Gettin' on a bit, can't remember long words ;) Doc says I've got short-term memory loss. Could be long-term. I don't remember :D he! he!
:D :D
I'm interlec 'cos that is my company name !!!! ;) call me anytime for all your electrical needs !!!! I wont do 'em, 'cos I'm too bl***y busy. :D :D

BraindG
09-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Darren
The meaning of Darren
Origin: English
Meaning: Great. Origin uncertai Famous bearer: 1960s husband of Samantha in the American television sitcom 'Bewitched'.

Origin: Gaelic
Meaning: Great.

Origin: Greek
Meaning: Variant of Darin: Gift.

haha i'm great i am. unless in great it means large, as in fat, as in great big fat bast. lol

fat bastard then? :D INSERT INTO post VALUES (j/k)

Spirit
09-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Mine is pretty crap as well. I have a sad liking for a couple of rock groups - Kiss and Magnum INSERT INTO post VALUES (from Birmingham).

When I first go the internet I wanted a cool username so I picked War Machine INSERT INTO post VALUES (title of a Kiss song) but as time went by I thought it didn't give out a true reflection of my caring personality :D

Much sweat and toil went by and after 10 mins :D I came up with Spirit INSERT INTO post VALUES (you guessed it - a famous Magnum song, well famous to their fans). Spirit in many forms has been used and the 979 bit was just a made up number from a site I logged onto once and got pissy when someone had already used Spirit - used it since :D

Japmetal
09-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I've migrated here from the Cruise scene, and when I first signed up to my local club's board I wanted a cool Nick [pretty much as Spirit said, above]

I like Japanese cars, but wanted something that I wouldnt have to change every 5 minutes as I changed my car ["DazCorsa" wasnt much use to the lad after he rolled it !]

it says pretty much everything I want it to about me, without being offensive, and has the added bonus that wherever I go it's NEVER been taken :)

ONE lad I know was even looking for a sitename, and ALMOST used 'Japmetal' as he couldnt think of anything else that hadnt been taken !

Darren
09-09-2003, 11:07 PM
fat bastard then?

haha let's just say that in Wallsend at lunchtime there isn't an abundance of pies mate.

the_boy
10-09-2003, 10:03 PM
The_boy...........

Erm, because I was one. Although the way my life is ticking by maybe I should change it to old git :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Davezj
22-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Thread from the dead!
could this possibly be the oldest thread form the dead ever?

Davezj well Dave is pretty obvious and ZJ because i used to have Jeep grand Cherokee and model number for that is ZJ and i started my internet forum life on the jeepclub site and i kept it ever since.

Wodjno
22-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Wodjno /Hmmm

Merged from "What Do You Know"

"Well Wod-j-no" :idea2:

Always asking questions in my younger days! A thirst for knowledge i seem to have lost :( :skull:

Edit: This thread started 9 days before i joined the Club /yes

The Vee
22-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Mine's based on the car......................originally used for my 1966 Ford Corsair V4 (General Lee days /pan). Have always loved Vee engines be they Ford V4 V6 or any other make, V8 V12 even a Maybach V16 is nice. So on here yep another V6 so hence the name.

Roberto
22-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I love the way DBA and Derek look like complete twats, explaining totally different user names...

Oh, and nothing special about changing Robert to Roberto, other than it was a good pulling name, mixing it with my middle name!!!

SGHOM
22-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Don't think I need to explain my current user name ! 

Erskine_atom
22-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Don't think I need to explain my current user name ! 

(Preparing to look quite silly) Don't you?

Mine is derived from my surname (Erskine) as that's what I was called at school as there were 3 people called James in my year. And Atom comes from the metal band I was in until a few years ago, Black Atom. CD's still available from http://www.fathippyrecords.co.uk/Releases.html for £5

aboo
22-11-2010, 04:56 PM
My one is that hard to work out. Its what I was called at school among other thinks;)

A= Andrerw & Boo is short for Booth= aboo.

sy666
22-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Mines simple, before I was born I was almost named Damien, strangly seem to like the whole devil, fire, darkened thoughts etc = 666 and sy, short for Simon. Spelt with a "y" for ........ erm no idea actually, was picked up through school and just seemed to stick. Also handy as most places I've signed up including big ones like ebay/facebook etc the name is alway avalible.

orionn2o
22-11-2010, 05:33 PM
orionn2o = well first car was a Ford Orion 1.8si (130bhp) and it had nitrous fitted - (n2o)

then as i drifted to other forums i discovered the best thing about the username is that unlike "matt" . I could get signed up everywhere with no hassle! Sorted :)

bakerboy-2007
22-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm a baker by 23yrs n the trad so Bakerboy was my nick name at college many moons ago baker-oldgit doesn't have the same ring and -2007 is the year I discovered vr4 n fleebay where I found my lost lady .........

Ryan
22-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Mine is quite self-explanatory.

stuartturbo
22-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Turbo was an old nickname. From driving everywhere flat out, the the games of pool all power no fineses lol and my prefered drink (turbo charging cider with a few shots of whisky)
Mate happened to say everything you do is turbospeed This was after spinning out on a roundabout and then nearly taking his teeth out with a misplaced cue ball and Turbo stuck!
Had mates phone up at home before mobiles lol and ask my old man for "Turbo"
Once on the internet I use my first name and nickname as it is never used normally where as Turbo is

LudviG
23-11-2010, 12:30 AM
My nick is from an old norwegian movie called "Flåklypa Grand Prix", or "Pinchcliffe Grand Prix" in english.

There is a character there called Ludvig, and my friends used to call me that. They said i looked like him :P

So this is the nick i use for most internet stuff, and has done since i started using nicks.

Kryton
23-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Mine was because I was really intelligent for my age (well thats what i've convinced myself) & have been called it since I was about 4. I think the real reason is that I had a football head & hey arnold wasn't about then. Also, I know its meant to be spelt kryten, but its been spelt wrong by me for so long, I kept it that way :stupid:

Wodjno
23-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Mine was because I was really intelligent for my age.. I know its meant to be spelt kryten, but its been spelt wrong by me for so long, I kept it that way :stupid:

Sounds like intelligent logic to me /Hmmm

Kryton
23-11-2010, 12:50 AM
There is a fine line between being a genius & insane. I fall just under that line/haz

BEG4ME
23-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Nothing too flash for me. Bought my car, bought my plate (BEG4ME), signed up to CVR4.
Thought it'd be perfect for my car as it can be read 2 normal ways. 1 Beg for me (cause the car's so sexy) and 2 Be Game (cause the car's so fuk1n fast).

sonicsoundzdj
23-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Sonic Soundz is the name I go under for my mobile DJing so i use that as a nick

MarkSanne
23-11-2010, 09:25 PM
The substance behind my nickname is 80% water and the rest is flesh & bone.

Or: I started using my real name so long ago on forums and stuff that I didn't want to get confused, so kept on using my name. As it's quite a rare name (apparantly there is just 1 more "Mark Sanne", somewhere in the US) it's unique enough for me :)

adamvortex
23-11-2010, 09:55 PM
adamvortex.......... that was what a friend named me as a dj, always got records in a spin ie.vortex.
so i use it all the time in the virtual world

Pugme
23-11-2010, 10:16 PM
im sure this gives it away

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/P11gme/detailing/100_1512.jpg

i also own P11G YU which im contemplating sticking on the VR4

horndog
24-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Ive been called Horndog since I was about 14, bit of a combination of my surname (Horner) and passing interests at the time (& no thats not Canines)

Ryan
24-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Ive been called Horndog since I was about 14, bit of a combination of my surname (Horner) and passing interests at the time (& no thats not Canines)

Chasing mingers? ;)

horndog
24-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Chasing mingers? ;)

If they had a pulse

Ryan
24-11-2010, 12:38 AM
:d :d :d

Wodjno
24-11-2010, 01:13 AM
If they had a pulse

It was a Bonus :D

Ryan
24-11-2010, 01:27 AM
http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Rob/advantage.png

OnBoost!
24-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Mine is quite self-explanatory.

Same with mine..

VR457
25-11-2010, 12:20 AM
57 varieties...like Heinz beans.

Actually, more to do with a Chevignon jacket (circa 1990) i had with mc57 embossed on the back.

Davidian Filth
25-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Mine started good few years ago , when I started to play Newerwinter Night throu internet and I needed a name . At that time I loved Machine Head and song Davidian from Burn My Eyes longplay. And also loved few very first cds of Cradle of filth . I wanted to play as a dark elf ,every one told me that is bad idea ,that I will die every 5 second ... but I also read years ago books about Drizzt Do'Urden (full name Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon) a drow who manage to live on the surface...and thats it - DavidianFilth - Drow

CANDEE
25-11-2010, 09:50 AM
My old number plate started with the letter's CND so took it a bit further.. lol

Ryan
25-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Mine started good few years ago , when I started to play Newerwinter Night throu internet and I needed a name . At that time I loved Machine Head and song Davidian from Burn My Eyes longplay. And also loved few very first cds of Cradle of filth . I wanted to play as a dark elf ,every one told me that is bad idea ,that I will die every 5 second ... but I also read years ago books about Drizzt Do'Urden (full name Drizzt Daermon N'a'shezbaernon) a drow who manage to live on the surface...and thats it - DavidianFilth - Drow

Burn my Eyes is their best album IMO - recognised your nicks as soon as you joined :)

Davidian Filth
26-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Cheers Ryan . Yes , Burn My Eyes is one of those albums You can listen over and over again ,and still after all this years is the same brilliant :) Proper music .