PDA

View Full Version : Silver V6 Sport Wagon - Northampton

nodding_dino
09-11-2005, 06:01 PM
A pleasant suprise to see a 51 plate sliver V6 sport wagon as I parked up at the station this morning...walked past to take a closer look and saw the famous clubVR4 stickers in the back windows...so come on people...was it you? :inquisiti

g8legnum
21-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I have to admit it was me. I saw you arrive, and didn't think you took any notice - or was it that you were searching for that elusive parking place? It was great to know that there is another Silver estate out there in Northants. Unfortunately that particular day was my last but one in Northampton. We have now moved home and are now 'in the sticks' south of the M25.

nodding_dino
21-11-2005, 01:10 PM
well, nice to know it was you! It was only as I walked towards the station that I saw your one parked up (at that time of the morning I'm not at my most alert ;) ).

Anyway, all the best in your new home!

g8legnum
22-11-2005, 02:10 PM
I've seen one or two other Silver Sport wagons in Northampton. On one occasion, one followed me out of the station and stopped alongside me at the traffic lights outside. We then proceeded side by side down towards the roundabout at the old gas works. It then turned right towards St James shopping park while I carried on past Carlsberg. That wasn't you, was it????

nodding_dino
22-11-2005, 03:21 PM
nope....not me, although I used to be a regular commuter from Northampton down to London, I don't use that station so much nowadays.

g8legnum
22-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Ah well there is someone else around Northampton with a V6? estate who just doesn't realise how rare these cars are or that there are interested owners with a club like this. Ho hum!!!! :rolleyes4

nodding_dino
22-11-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else will be reading this thread, but if so, does the club have flyers or cards that we can keep a few of in the glove box so that when we see an un-CVR4'd motor we can plonk one on the windscreen?

WildCards
22-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Actually, could Pete or any of the other mods make the ClubVR4.com logo available as a hi res download somewhere on the site. Then people can print there own.

I'm sure it could be matched with ease, but why bother.

This could with putting in another section really, mods?

ihegeorge
06-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Could have been mine chaps, I'm a new owner/member of a Silver legnum manual & commute from Crick to Brackmills every day. I saw my cars Twin on the bridge between Wootton & East Hunsbury the other day going the other way

Nick Mann
06-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Crick! Heh. I grew up in Yelvertoft. Crick was the nearest Doctors! Small world, ain't it!

nodding_dino
06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
I'll keep an eye open for you ihegeorge!