View Full Version : 2.5 V6 performance parts

ritch_w
09-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Performance items for the 2.5 V6

K&N Panel Filter £29.61
http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=MTGAL01&PartType=AFK03

System Suspension Kit
System 2 sports suspension kit @ £339.00 incl vat
Lowers approx 40mm but will not fit if car has adjusting rear suspension as OE.
http://www.proven-products.co.uk/products/system_2_suspension.htm

this is what i've found so far - please add any other performance items onto this thread

Dmac1969
09-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Nice finds!! Unfortunately due to our local council having a speedbump fixation , i cannot lower my Galant much as I'd like to , but the K&N is getting bought! Now if only I could find a boy racer style noisy backbox!!!! INSERT INTO post VALUES (or a good stainless catback system!)

zedy1
09-09-2003, 09:18 PM
try powerflow the should be able to make you a back box for around £150

Dmac1969
10-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanx zedy , will give them a call!

colVR4
08-10-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm new to the Galant ownership having just bought myself a 2000 Galant 2.5 V6 Sport. Its a great looking car INSERT INTO post VALUES (with the VR4 bodykit) although I am not keen on the large gap between wheels and wings.

I haven't done any mods on cars before so I was wondering if I could get some help:
Can I get an air induction kit for this car?
How can I lower the suspension to make the car look better, handle better, without breaking the bank? Do I need to spend money on a whole new suspension system?
What exhaust system would make the most out of the V6 sounds and give a further performance boost?

I would really appreciate any help.

INSERT INTO post VALUES (Photos soon)

Kieran
08-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Welcome to Club VR4 matey. :D

Mods for non VR-4s are a bit thin, to say the least:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

I think K&N do a pannel filter replacement, but not an induction kit. Maybe the HKS kit will fit?
When I was looking at exhausts, Remus did one. the part number is on their website, but I think it's a back box only.

Curious to know more about the Galant Sport... Does it have the JDM-syle dash INSERT INTO post VALUES (ie dark untill you put the key in)? And what other differences are there over the normal V6?

it'd be nice to see you at Santapod this weekend - have a peep in the events section for details:)

colVR4
08-10-2003, 04:01 PM
Hi Kieran,

I am not sure what differences there are between the Sport and the standard V6. The dash is as you described though.

My car has what I beleive is the VR4 bodykit with 17" wheels. It also has a full leather interior, air conditioning, and tiptronic auto INSERT INTO post VALUES (it is my first auto and I am very impressed).

I don't think I am going to be able to make it this weekend, but I will make sure that I check again for future events.

L8R

:thumb1: