PDA

View Full Version : 1k to spend on ya car a year- FREE

Wodjno
11-11-2005, 05:00 PM
:d /yes A £1000 a year for you to spend on your car /yes Or maybe even £2000

Just reading through a company publication and came accross ChildCare Vouchers.. It's a scheme where by you take £50 a week of your earnings in vouchers instead of cash.. :inquisiti Why. you are thinking.. /Hmmm Well this £50 a week in vouchers then go's to pay towards your childcare. And heres the good bit.. /yes It is taken from your GROSS earnings, not your net. So you don't pay any tax or national insurance on it.. This equates to a minimum saving of over £800 if you are in the lower tax bracket and to just over £1000 if you are in the higher tax bracket. :happy:
All you gotta do is fill in the form online.. Also if your employer or chidcare organisation are not part of the scheme then they to fill in an application online.. /yes
It's as easy as that .. :smug:

If your partner(Wife/Husbund) works and you have 2 children in childcare you can both claim. So that will be upto £2000 in your pockets. :happy:

See here for full details.. www.childcarevouchers.co.uk

Right time to get bidding on some performance mods on E-Bay :evil2:

PS.. There is 1 catch.. /yes You gotta have kids and a job /pan

I-S
11-11-2005, 05:06 PM
All of these benefits, grants, tax credits etc... And the government's pitch "Rewards for hard-working families"...

What about the hard-working single homeowner who pays a fortune in tax and NI contributions and is completely ineligable for any benefits, grants (tried for my loft insulation...), etc...

But, if you've got kids, go for it. We all pay more than enough in tax, so get back what you can!

Wodjno
11-11-2005, 05:11 PM
All of these benefits, grants, tax credits etc... And the government's pitch "Rewards for hard-working families"...

What about the hard-working single homeowner who pays a fortune in tax and NI contributions and is completely ineligable for any benefits, grants (tried for my loft insulation...), etc...

But, if you've got kids, go for it. We all pay more than enough in tax, so get back what you can!

You can get your Cavity Walls insulated and Your loft for around £200 through a governmentscheme.. I just had mine done .. If you want the company name .. Just let me know.. :happy: /yes :thumbsup:

EDIT : Heres the company i used.. /yes http://www.miller-pattison.co.uk/

I-S
11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I did the loft myself for £120 all in. And a day's work. However, I did check carefully and I was not eligable for anything towards it.

Wodjno
11-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Don't you know anyone with kids that'll lend you them for a few weeks.. :inquisiti

I'm sure if you ask on here you will be inundated with calls /pan :joker:

Wodjno
11-11-2005, 05:20 PM
I did the loft myself for £120 all in. And a day's work. However, I did check carefully and I was not eligable for anything towards it.
I'm sorry but... Yes you are.. /yes

WildCards
11-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Don't you know anyone with kids that'll lend you them for a few weeks.. :inquisiti

Let mine be the first call, you can even have them for two weeks over christmas if you like :evil2: Just got to get the mrs to agree /grr

You'll get there Isaac, just enjoy not having any yet, because your life willchange when you do.

WildCards
11-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Forgot to say, thanks for the link Wodjno. If it wasn't for childcare expenses i'd have a VR4 by now! Not that i'm bitter of course.

Big Ian
11-11-2005, 09:26 PM
weve had "child care benifit" payout for a fair few year's in my work but no where near a grand in yer hand and it get's taxed when they pay it back /yes

Wodjno
11-11-2005, 09:46 PM
We receive child care help with my daughter who is nearly 4 and at pre school.. This comes in the form of £140ish a month towards her school fees. Also child tax credits at £45 a month and then the obvious Child Benefit @ £110 a month.. But this is a new scheme that started in April and is not taxable, so you will be better off by £800 to £1000 per year.. And AFAIK if you have 2 children in care and both you and your partner are working, you are both allowed to benefit from this scheme.. So with the 2 of you doing this, you could be upto £2000 better off a year. Check out the website, theres nothing to lose.. :happy:

WildCards
11-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Been on the website, thanks again.

Problem is I work for my step-father, so he has to register with the scheme for me to benefit. He isn't the most helpful bloke in the world when it comes to things like this, it's going to take alot of subtle hints to get sorted.

Although, it appears the company could be up to £300 a year better off too. This should help. :thumbsup:

Wodjno
11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Although, it appears the company could be up to £300 a year better off too. This should help. :thumbsup:

Oh yes i forgot that bit /pan

Wodjno
14-08-2006, 01:39 AM
So anyone take advantage of this apart from WC :huh:

Lillywotsername
14-08-2006, 10:36 AM
We Are not eligable as both Kids in full time school and I don't work.
We had our cavity wall insulation done though for free as we get w/tax credit and c/tax credit:2thumbsup

WildCards
14-08-2006, 11:02 AM
So anyone take advantage of this apart from WC :huh:

I haven't mate, boss hasn't done anything about it and i'd forgotten. I'll have to chase him I think, well reminded. :iloveyou:

calum
14-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Yep - we've been doing it since it started in April 2005.

Excellent stuff - halves our child care cost.

One kid in nursery and both Lenita and I work.

My work do theirs through Sodexho (excellent website and very easy to set up payments, etc) and my wife's uses BusyBees (crap website and a lot harder to set up payments, etc). Your company can do it itself but most seemt to contract it out.

Cheers,

Calum

WildCards
14-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Got a link to Sodexho Calum, i'm gonna push for this I think.

HJM
14-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Got a link to Sodexho Calum, i'm gonna push for this I think.

I've just set it up for staff at work via Sodexho - it really is dead easy (from both points of view) and as you will both save money, there is no reason why any employer should be hesitant about it - good luck :thumbsup:

J :)

WildCards
14-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Is it www.sodexho.co.uk? Can it be done online or is it via telephone?

/EDIT Found it - http://www.sodexhopass.co.uk/Childcare/Childcare.asp

HJM
14-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Is it www.sodexho.co.uk? Can it be done online or is it via telephone?

Its HERE (http://www.childcarechoice.co.uk/) - we do it all online.

Give us a shout if you want a hand :)

J

WildCards
14-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Cheers Jane, i'll see how I fare tomorrow.

Xeroid
15-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Do any of you guys actually work? Seems it all comes for free from the govt over in UKland....

WildCards
15-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Do any of you guys actually work? Seems it all comes for free from the govt over in UKland....

I am over-worked. The population of this country is 51 million, 21 million are retired. That leaves 30 million to do the work. There are 19 million at school, that leaves 11 million to do the work. 2 million are unemployed and 4 million are employed by the Government. That leaves 5 million to do the work. One million are in the armed forces, which leaves 4 million to do the work. 3 million are employed by the County and Borough Councils leaving 1 million to do the work. There are 620,000 people in hospital and 379,998 in prisons, which leaves 2 people to do the work.

You and me. And you're sitting on your arse reading this rubbish while I'm working. No wonder I'm bloody tired.

soapy1978
15-08-2006, 11:12 AM
I am over-worked. The population of this country is 51 million, 21 million are retired. That leaves 30 million to do the work. There are 19 million at school, that leaves 11 million to do the work. 2 million are unemployed and 4 million are employed by the Government. That leaves 5 million to do the work. One million are in the armed forces, which leaves 4 million to do the work. 3 million are employed by the County and Borough Councils leaving 1 million to do the work. There are 620,000 people in hospital and 379,998 in prisons, which leaves 2 people to do the work.

You and me. And you're sitting on your arse reading this rubbish while I'm working. No wonder I'm bloody tired.

lol very funny

WildCards
15-08-2006, 11:17 AM
lol very funny

Credit due to Alex though. She posted it in the funnies section a few days ago, I just cut and paste.

Turbo_Steve
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM

On average, labour for ANY work here is roughly twice what you pay over there, if not more. Produce is only 15% more expensive on average. Pay tax is typically 30-40% of your salary. You're taxed massively on your property. You're taxed for owning a vehicle. You pay tax on your fuel, and then you pay a PURCHASE tax on your fuel! You pay tax on every purchase you make of 17.5%. On everything. Transport costs in this country are beyond ridiculous compared to those in Europe (I use public transport daily...trust me on this!) and the quality isn't high.
Couple all this tax with police forces that are under resourced and frequently under trained, with hospitals that are struggling to cope, with roads that are in a poor state of repair, and with the hundreds of people claiming benefits that by rights should have no entitlement to them.
So we're kind of keen to take every opportunity we can to claw a fraction of this back.

One of my colleagues was calcultating tax over a lifetime. He seems to think that, in the UK, after tax, you pretty much get to keep 30% of your money prior to drawing your pension, when you'll get an additional 5% back as state pension.

pitslayer
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM

what about ebay????

i might recomend this to my uncle, he is getting shafted by the CSA for child support. he pays for his son, through it, but then has no money left over afterwards to actually do anything with him, its ridiculous, i think he is going for sole custody though, his mother is evil, and her partner is a wifebeater/Grrr /Grrr
cheers for posting this up, i will read into it for him

pitslayer
09-01-2008, 05:52 PM
so does this work per parent, or can only one parent claim?

bradc
09-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Steve, some of the numbers and percentages are slightly different, but NZ is very much the same.

Turbo_Steve
10-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't get me wrong, Brad, I know it's not the cheapest place in the world (esp compared to that big landmass next door!) but we've got several Kiwi's in the office who are simply astounded by how much money gets taken out of their pay compared to being at home. But, as Michelle said "It's not so much that they take that, but that every single thing you buy seems to be marked up by 35% over what it's really worth".

And it is true, especially of anything automotive, that everything gets 20% slapped on top compared to Europe next door, and much worse compared to the US....exchange rate aside.

And at least in NZ the weather is a little kinder to cars :)

Throbbe
11-01-2008, 10:00 PM
so does this work per parent, or can only one parent claim?

Nope, both can claim.