PDA

View Full Version : Trans oil

Gly
15-11-2005, 06:41 AM
well its about time i change the trans oil in the leggy,
anyway...

we can get the Mitsubishi DiaQueen stuff from mitsi dealers??
anyone know how much this costs??

do we have any other choises in what we can/should use??

do we have any discounts in regards to oils and atf fuilds like they have in the UK?

-LegnumVR4-
15-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Best to get a trans flush from mitzy and put their trans oil in the car. Their oil is fine just as long as ur not thrashing the car all the time:)

I-S
15-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Don't know about in NZ, but in the UK mitsi dealers use GM fluid. My 'box is much happier now that it's full of Amsoil.

Gly
15-11-2005, 07:16 PM
Best to get a trans flush from mitzy and put their trans oil in the car. Their oil is fine just as long as ur not thrashing the car all the time:)

i dont wanna pay mitsi $200-300ish dollars when i could do it myself,
and save $100-200 which can be used else where

Don't know about in NZ, but in the UK mitsi dealers use GM fluid. My 'box is much happier now that it's full of Amsoil.

i havent seen Amsoil for sale over here,

so is the mitsi stuff the only option we have over here??

-LegnumVR4-
15-11-2005, 07:36 PM
U can get AMSOil here, just costs about $200 for the 9L u need. I'm only saying use Mitzy because they have the correct tools for the job, the machine Mitzy use down here will run a flush on the system cleaning any crap u have in the system before the new oil goes back in. U can use other oils like Dexron III but as far as i've heard they aren't as good as the Mitzy oils or the AMSOils.

Gly
16-11-2005, 06:43 AM
how much did mitsi charge you for the trans service?
did they do diff fluid aswell?
any other driveline fluid im missing that should be done aswell??

-LegnumVR4-
16-11-2005, 09:10 AM
The service that Mitzy offer down here flushes the internal valve body and the torque converter. They will then replace the old flushed out oil with ever the SPIII oil ($199) or the DexronIII oil ($149, i think on the last check).

The prices include the flush and new replacement oil of ur choice.

U can get Mitzy to check ur diffs to see if the oil is burnt, if it is they will ask u if u want to change the oil. The diffs use bugger all oil anyway so it's not that expensive to get them serviced.

Gly
16-11-2005, 09:15 AM
that dont actually sound to bad,
ill have to make a few enquiries up here.

You See
16-11-2005, 09:20 AM
Kirk Motors Manurewa! :thumbsup:

I-S
16-11-2005, 09:46 AM
If mitsu use the correct tools there then maybe it's worth having them do it. Here they just empty the sump and refill it, leaving half of the old fluid in the system, and charge £100 (NZ$250) for it...

marmel31
16-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Amsoil is available here:

http://www.jdmlubricants.co.nz/content.asp?PageID=15693