PDA

View Full Version : HP's in 2.4 GDI?

Nobbe
16-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Are the Galant 2.4 GDI's in UK straight JDM's?
On the domestic market they're rated 165hp but in Europe they're rated 150hp due to different air/fuel mixture.

Do the British GDI's have 150 or 165hp??

Kieran
16-11-2005, 01:45 AM
The british ones are rated at 145bhp according to the information I have here. They're quite a long-stroke, high compression engine compared to the 4G63 and because our fuel is 'dirty' in comparrison to Japan (lots more sulphur here), it's not particularly fuel efficient either! :embarasse

Nobbe
21-11-2005, 12:51 AM
The british ones are rated at 145bhp according to the information I have here. They're quite a long-stroke, high compression engine compared to the 4G63 and because our fuel is 'dirty' in comparrison to Japan (lots more sulphur here), it's not particularly fuel efficient either! :embarasse

Yeah, that's right. When I think about it the swedish ones are acctually rated 144bhp, it was only the first, those from -99 that are rated 150bhp (like mine :happy: )
Thats quite funny 'cause in Japan the 1.8 GDI is rated 145bhp....

What's the carachteristics of a long-stroke engine?

Regarding sulphur, I've read quite alot about the problem with sulphur in GDI's but luckily we have almost sulphur free gas here in Sweden. That in combination with the fact that I never fill mine with gas lower that 98 octane has made me think about getting some kind of piggyback unit.
Maybe such a unit would bring those 15bhp's that are stored away to life?

Regards