PDA

View Full Version : Virgin VR4 Member

Matty G
16-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Hello there,
My name is Matty G and I have been looking and learning for a few months now and havent really had any input. This is the first time I have ever written in any forum not just this one. Anyway. I am seriousley interested in buying one of these "God damn, japanese FLYING machines!!!" And if one turnes up at the right money i'll be right there, providing I can sell or P/X the Beemer. In fact I was thinking of ringing up about one in the Trader to go and have a look at the weekend. I have read all you informative buying guides and will be well prepaired to make the right choice. Input from anywhere would be greatfully accepted.

2 Catch my Eye

This one first coz its a Manual, with low mileage

MITSUBISHI Legnum VR4 2.5 V6
Twin Turbo, P reg. 51000 miles, T&T, very rare manual, 1 of only 200 made, fully loaded, 4WD, sports trim, reluctant sale, p/x considered. £4,995.
Tel: (07973) 700621 or (01773) 512858
Distance: 142 miles
Price: £4,995

Closely followed by this coz it looks really tidy.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11476

What do you good people think???

Also I hope to get involved in some more of your forums, especially the ones about Turbos and modifications, not that i'm into that but i find it interesting and I might be converted. Thanx for reading.
/Wyhy

Kieran
16-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Hello there - Welcome to the Club. :thumbsup:

BagofSand's VR-4 is a nice one, and it's an excellent price. As for the other, it looks okay and funnily enough, it can't be far from my old man's (01773 area code).... So if you're really keen I could perhaps come with you and have a nosey if you want to arrange that with the seller - it might be helpful to have someone there to inspect, etc etc. ;)

zedy1
16-11-2005, 09:30 AM
if your in lancashire you coulkd always give me a ring and come and see some leggys i have here :thumbsup:

Brunty
16-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Welcome to CVR4 - without doubt the best place you could arrive at for all your Mitsubishi Galant questions and problems. Definately take the guys up on their offers as you have 2 of the most knowledgable members* on the forum willing to assist.

*It seems that the number of 'knowledgable' members is growing daily - I often think it's just me now posting white noise and asking daft questions :happy:

Nick Mann
16-11-2005, 02:21 PM
:thumbsup:

Good luck in your search! One way of finding a bit out is to turn up to a meet. You'll find a bunch of people at Oulton Park in just over a week.

And for me it would have to be the facelift as I think it looks better. It is also even more rare!

Matty G
16-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanx for the warm welcome, im most impressed from the speedy response.

I'll will probably take people up on there offers once i know what is happening,
You people dont make this decision easy I was dead set on looking at the Manual one but now i'm not so sure, plus everyone is saying bagofsand's really is as nice as it looks. i'm going to ring tonight about the Manual one and ask a few questions, mainly if he would take my BM as p/x, so as soon as I know if and when I'm goin to view or not I'll give you a shout if thats ok, i'll probably change my mind six times before i do anything.
The only problem is finding the money. To buy the facelift 1st i would have to sell my car.

Zedy1, I'm only in Lancashire at the weekend as I work in Cumbria, this is also the only time I get to see the missus and my new baby boy (Wey Hey) :baby: so time is limited, however I'm sure one weekend I could sneek out and come and have a look if your not too busy. I'll keep you posted. Who knows I might even be able to come and show off my new purchace.

Thanx again to everyone who has replied,

CHEERS :chugchug:

richy rich
16-11-2005, 03:31 PM
/wave hello and welcome.

Brunty
16-11-2005, 03:38 PM
The only problem is finding the money.

....... and my new baby boy (Wey Hey) :baby:

Make sure you've boned up on the threads on running costs before you jump in!!! - it could make for scary reading :deal2:

Congratulations on the baby BTW.

Nick Mann
16-11-2005, 05:59 PM
If you need to look a car over, send quadal a PM. He is also in Leyland. He'll claim he knows a lot about the VR4, but don't believe a word!! :rolleyes4 :smug:

Matty G
16-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Well, as i said before I am overcome with the support and replies i've had and I am very impressed with how friendly and supportive you've all been THANX.

Anyway I rang the guy up about the Manual one and it's was sold therefore I wont be going to view it this weekend. I will however contact bagofsand and see if he still has a good looking one for sale.
I was kind of hopeing it wasn't there coz you guys were changing my mind about the facelift. Dispite the higher mileage it still looks nice on the pic's and is completely standard. If its still for sale I suppose I could go and look at it on my own as everyone seams to know about it and says its a good one at the right price. (NUFF Said)

As for the running costs i've been looking at that for some time now, it was probably the first thing I looked at when I joined, to be honest, I think the jump in MPG from my previous car (1ltr Micra) to the 320 BM was more of a shock than what A VR4 will be.

Thanx again to everyone for the warm welcome and I hope I can join in give positive contributions to all the conversations going on. :thumbsup: :chugchug: :thumbsup:

HJM
17-11-2005, 12:12 AM
I was kind of hopeing it wasn't there coz you guys were changing my mind about the facelift.

Hi and welcome /yes

It's all horses for courses - personally, I don't like the rear of the post facelift but hey, they are all great cars and that particular one is a great price /yes

And as Nick said, come on over to Oulton a week Saturday - there will be a few VR4's there :thumbsup: