PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Meet - 19th November

GroundControl
19-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Good to catch up with people again /yes

And a pretty good turnout too, I think there were about 15 or 16 cars at one point. I met up in Greenlane with the crowd that had come from Botany, we headed over to the carpark opposite Kelly Tarlton's down on the waterfront. Lots more people showed up there, so after short cruise down to Mission Bay we headed back to the McD's carpark on Quay St. After a bit of time there we split up and re-convened up in front of the museum in the domain for some photos.

Overall an excellent evening :thumbsup:

I've uploaded my photos here (http://www.sam.net.nz/gallery/v/cars/clubvr4-19nov05/). There one more panorama shot that I have to stitch together but the stitching software is on my other PC so that'll have to wait. And I will attempt to get these ones put in the official ClubVR4 gallery (I'm sure I remember reading a post about where to upload them somewhere :scholar:)

Gly
19-11-2005, 12:47 PM
nice pics,
btw : somebody car/leather int, is "mpau009"

AllBeItMine
19-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Nice pics - i think i am going to have to steal Kenneth's front bumper!

You See
19-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah awesome night and a great turnout!
We can't go any further without thanking Maori By Nature and Pescha for their road blocking tactics at the yacht club and mission bay carparks! :thumbsup:

Xeroid
19-11-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey, cool to catch up with you all again, next time we'll bring both VR4's. Awesome night and great to watch you all launching out of Mission Bay carpark while someone stalled the traffic.

Got to go and try and rip the factory player out without destroying the interior now. And find a way to duct some cold air up to the pod.

Kenneth
19-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Nice pictures Sam, I think we might have to nomitate you the official photographer one of these days /Hmmm

It would be cool to see the footage NAUSED and his mates took of us all leaving the Kelly Tarltons carpark! we had traffic blocked both ways and all prettymuch lauched out :evil2:

Thanks those who attended, it was a very good turn out!

On a more personal note, thanks for all the positive feedback about my car, its taken ages to get it back on the road, but im happy with how its turned out. Your comments make it better :thumbsup:

AllBeItMine
19-11-2005, 11:51 PM
On a more personal note, thanks for all the positive feedback about my car, its taken ages to get it back on the road, but im happy with how its turned out. Your comments make it better :thumbsup:

did you build that bumper yourself? if not would ya tell me where you got it? i think its tbe best i've seen

mpau009
20-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Great meet all, nice to see some of the faces behind the names.

Anyway, heres some of the scaled down photos i snapped. :chugchug:

dreamer
20-11-2005, 02:18 AM
It's already been said, but I'll say it again...

Thanks everyone for a really fun night out. Good clean fun (Barr the Cowboy and his skin-head "Twin Supercharger and Twin Turbo" friend). Everyone made everyone else feel at home and welcome, which was really neat. It was an enjoyable night, although time past too quickly

GroundControl
20-11-2005, 02:23 AM
Panorama shot from Kelly Tarlton's carpark (http://www.sam.net.nz/gallery/v/cars/clubvr4-19nov05/panorama.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1) added to my gallery

Edit: and went through and lightened up a whole lot of pics that were really dark

maori_by_nature
20-11-2005, 06:22 AM
i aggree with dreamer... it would have been better if the drags kickd off a bit earler 2

bradc
20-11-2005, 06:54 AM
It was definately a good time, I think the Kelly Tarltons carpack and the Mobil/McD/Subway/PizzaHut/KFC place are good places to meet up for any future Auckland meets.

I wish we had got up to the Museum a little earlier though, but it was definately a damn good time.

Kenneth's front bumper was definately a highlight, and 'VR4 R' wasn't bad either ;) I'm definately looking forward to Xeroid's 'wine' VR-4 next time.

Big thanks to m_b_n for the blocking, that was great. Next time I think we should try to turn left, then do a U turn a little bit further down the road if we really need to go right.

ABIM - it is from Speedfactory.co.nz I bought the first one, then Kenneth got that one from me, so then I bought another one. If you do go for one, just let the guy know it is through ClubVR4, I'm trying to get him to give us all good prices. I think bluey bought her bumper from them as well, and I am buying some side skirts and possibly a Super VR-4 rear spoiler as well.

ShadyNZer
20-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Good clean fun (Barr the Cowboy and his skin-head "Twin Supercharger and Twin Turbo" friend)
hahahaha yeah, entertaining as hell tho...
VR4 R was bloody beautiful (even with the duct tape), as with that other dudes VR4 that turned up later at the museum, mean system he had too...
nothing can beat that green acres hatchy tho...PHAT!!!

marmel31
20-11-2005, 08:00 AM
I remember you guys talking about going to mermaids, now where are those photos? :thumbsup:

NAUSED
20-11-2005, 08:36 AM
it was very cool my mates had a cool time as well i will get the footage as soon as possible

maori_by_nature
20-11-2005, 08:36 AM
lmao yeah that green acres hatch was gangsta.... i'm gonna get one of thoughs next time for sure... /yes

Dreamer next tym you should really ask your mates not 2 show up..... you no who i mean.... :cowboy: lol

ShadyNZer
20-11-2005, 11:17 AM
^^ haha yeah that hair cut was crazy...i seen them driving past too with that dudes af blowin in the wind head out the window, mouth wide open...soon enough he was right in the middle of things talkin super chargers haha crazy

bradc
20-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Uc said those girls laughing in the Caldina were people that he knew, and they were just laughing at the guy in the green acres car because it was so funny.

Spirit
21-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Looks like a great meet guys, and some great pics taken too :thumbsup:

Love the look of some of your beasts :evil2:

_simon_
21-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Kenneth, are you worried about scraping the bottom of your intercooler?
Lookin pretty good!

Kenneth
21-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Kenneth, are you worried about scraping the bottom of your intercooler?
Lookin pretty good!

Very worried... i will do something about it when time permits. I was a bit rushed just getting the car road legal for the meet.

it seems pretty good though, the bumper is hitting before the intercooler at this stage :P

NAUSED
17-12-2005, 06:53 AM
looks premo man