PDA

View Full Version : My 97 STR up for sale

mpau009
20-11-2005, 02:50 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=41019817

Iv decided to see what the interest is like for my STR, as said in the trademe listing, its in super condition, has a good stereo, and height adjustable suspension, as well as Tan Leather interior in excellent condition. The gearbox and transfer case have been rebuilt ($5k) and has a good service history, also has a 5 star rated alarm.

Insurance is much much less than the VR4, particularly if your a male under 25

I'm asking $11995 to start with, including the factory suspension and airbox, and stereo, gauges etc.

If you know anyone who might be interested in a well cared for V6 4 wheel drive wagon with a towbar, please pass on my details. /yes

Cheers, mpau009

bradc
20-11-2005, 07:08 AM
I'm not really interested, but what are you looking for to replace it?

mpau009
20-11-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm not really interested, but what are you looking for to replace it?

Iv found a dealer with a fresh import, 5 speed manual 1997 VR4 same as my STR, white and tan leather, 83000k's asking $10995, so if i can sell mine for something reasonable, i should be able to buy it outright and use my cash in the bank for some mags.

http://www.tedtracey.co.nz/car_dsp.php?stkref=3219&pphoto=00

Tell me what you think?

In the mean time - anyone want to provide some bridging finance? iv got about 3 grand in the bank, and my STR, which must get around 10k?

Gly
20-11-2005, 07:45 AM
just to let you know, i got offered 7k for my car less stereo, as a trade at a dealer (on a 17k vr4)

so i wouldnt be expecting more than 8-9k for your STR.
(big cars are deffinatly not what everyone wants anymore with gas prices going up every few months)

espcially since you can get vr4s for not much more these days

tedtracys - car looks nice,
but ive heard both good and bad about that place... get the car cheack out befor you buy

marmel31
20-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Have a look at what the other STR's on trademe are selling for, or not selling for. It's definately a buyers market, I think if you get $8K you would be doing well. Looks like a pretty nice car though so good luck and hope you enjoy your new VR4 when you get it. Have you thought about going through a finance company for a loan?

mpau009
20-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Have a look at what the other STR's on trademe are selling for, or not selling for. It's definately a buyers market, I think if you get $8K you would be doing well. Looks like a pretty nice car though so good luck and hope you enjoy your new VR4 when you get it. Have you thought about going through a finance company for a loan?

Yeah, i'm just looking at a few options, but finance is a bit tough since i'm a student, and don't have a consistent paycheck. I know 11/12 is a bit pricey, but i have put over 7k into it not including the stereo, and insurance got half the car painted again, after a van dropped a sheet of glass on the motorway, so theres bugger all wrong with it, and the gearbox and transfer is mint, not like most tiptronics coming out of japan. i reckon 9/10 is reasonable, and i could live with that, but it doesn't hurt to ask...

i'll work my way down from there. If anyone wants to make an offer, i'll consider it.

bradc
20-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Now that I've had a little more time to look at the ad, it definately looks very good, and you should get a reasonable amount for it, but maybe starting the auction at $8000, and setting the reserve for $11000 would give you a better idea of what people will pay for it, that way some people should bid on it.

You could also take out some of the goodies like the suspension and stuff and put them into the VR-4, those sort of things probably wouldn't add much to the price, but would be very handy for you to keep.

mpau009
21-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Now that I've had a little more time to look at the ad, it definately looks very good, and you should get a reasonable amount for it, but maybe starting the auction at $8000

Yeah, i'll have another look at the add at the end of the week, but i'm not in a hurry anymore - speaking of which----
Did someone buy that car i found from ted tracey? they had it for 3 months, and i look at it and bang - sold... /pan

Oh well, i'll have to keep looking

AllBeItMine
21-11-2005, 05:23 AM
Iv found a dealer with a fresh import, 5 speed manual 1997 VR4 same as my STR, white and tan leather, 83000k's asking $10995

http://www.tedtracey.co.nz/car_dsp.php?stkref=3219&pphoto=00

Tell me what you think?

there will be a reason why Ted is selling that so cheap... :inquisiti

mpau009
21-11-2005, 06:31 AM
there will be a reason why Ted is selling that so cheap... :inquisiti

Yeah, thats what i thought, but he reckons its been on the lot for three months, since no one wants a big wagon these days. the window price was 16995 originally, but he nocked it down. If i had got the chance i would have got the AA to look it over anyway - also without the tiptronic, id be a bit more comfortable.

Anyway, theyre gonna give me a ring if they get another, theyve got a few in auto, but if i can get the 5 speed thatd be better.