PDA

View Full Version : football

SGHOM
10-09-2003, 08:45 PM
the most pathetic, inept, clueless, 45 minute display by an England team I have ever seen, against a team of part timers, who have only won 1 game in thier entire history...........and that was against azzer-buy-john ????:nono: :Cry1:

tunes
10-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Atleast you guys/girls have half decent football in your part of the world! NZ first grade football INSERT INTO post VALUES (what i play) here would probablly compare to an U19 division over there, just!

Still i have to agree with your post.

BraindG
10-09-2003, 09:43 PM
plus old trafford had twice as many people in it than they have in their entire country :D

scotland lost tho :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( INSERT INTO post VALUES (nothing new there then :D)

SGHOM
10-09-2003, 09:53 PM
2 - 0 is a win, but wot a load of tosh !!!! I support Sheffield United, & last year we had a season you could only dream about . play off final, worthington cup semi final, FA cup semi final, & 5 premier league scalps along the way.:D If my car ever performed like they did tonight, it would be in the free ad's, as a few of the players ought to be !! overpaid, underworked, tos***s. :mad:

the_boy
10-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Things that annoy me about that game

1. Motson harping on at half time about the fact that 0-0 was a completely unexpected result. I don't know how many times I've heard variations on that theme based on inept performances by an England team against "weak" opposition.

2. Rather than concentrate on the game, I have to spend several minutes watching David Beckham's face, I mean WTF would I want to look at him for??

3. England's inability to make several simple passes and their eagerness to play too much one touch football really annoys me. I don't know how many times today they passed the ball too quickly to another teammate, which mean't the other guy missed the ball or couldn't control it in time.

Rant over :D but, we're going to get a real stuffing soon I fear :Cry1:

Spirit
10-09-2003, 10:33 PM
It's fair to say tonight was absolute crap - no doubts there.

However, with the full squad hopefully back and Becks and Gerrard not worrying about being carded in Instanbul I reckon the boys will do us proud on the night and get at least a draw.

Nick VR4
10-09-2003, 10:35 PM
I only watched a few bits
Was Beta testing again

But what I did see was not what i expected
Bad passing.... a blind man could have done better :p

Nuff said

SGHOM
10-09-2003, 10:55 PM
people get carried away with the passion, & atmosphere of international games, but in the cold light of day, we are a poor side. It's not just the manager, or the players, we are sadly lacking in the basics of the game. we try to play "continental " sides at their own game, when we just to not have the players, or the ability, & if we tried to play them at our game, IE get stuck in, we would just get ripped apart. football is nothing to do with football anymore, It;s all to do with money. :Cry1: