PDA

View Full Version : Oh-- Its only a type V

L6
23-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I was Checking a couple of Spec sheets earlier and found my chassis no and engine code to be that of a type V and not an S, when I brought it I had a surspission but it was only stated as a "Legnum VR4 2.5 V6 Twn Tbo"

I knew it was different as its no AYC no Traction did give it away a little. But I did'nt know for certain until earlier.

Other than weight and handling (AYC TCL) are there any major differences between an S and a V type??

And am I missing anything you guys with type S's have got, Mechanical differences anyway.

Wodjno
23-11-2005, 02:13 AM
I was Checking a couple of Spec sheets earlier and found my chassis no and engine code to be that of a type V and not an S, when I brought it I had a surspission but it was only stated as a "Legnum VR4 2.5 V6 Twn Tbo"

I knew it was different as its no AYC no Traction did give it away a little. But I did'nt know for certain until earlier.

Other than weight and handling (AYC TCL) are there any major differences between an S and a V type??

And am I missing anything you guys with type S's have got, Mechanical differences anyway.

AFAIK all 8G galant and Legnums are Type S's.. The Type V had rear wheel steer and i think they ceased on the 7G. Some 8G's seem to not have AYC and traction, but neither do they have Rear Wheel Steer..
I'm possibly wrong, but that was my understanding of the differences between the 2.
Someone will soon put me right if i'm wrong /yes

KiwiTT
23-11-2005, 03:58 AM
The Type S does not have rear wheel steer. It does have AYC, ASC and TCL.

Do a search on Type S

bradc
23-11-2005, 03:59 AM
you're wrong ;) the facelift type v came with 205/55 tyres, no rear spoiler, no ayc, no reacro's or momo wheel.

The S came with 225/50 tyres, wheel arches, rear spoiler, and most of them came with ayc. the recaro's and momo were a seperate option.

Robotnik123
23-11-2005, 04:18 AM
I want to check what type of Legnum I have too. Can you give me the link to the spec sheets you're refering to please?

Wodjno
23-11-2005, 06:32 AM
:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse Apologies. V and S wrongway round :embarasse :embarasse :bigcry: :sick: :uhoh: :vogel:

My original post edited to read right way round .. /pan

L6
23-11-2005, 08:25 AM
(I want to check what type of Legnum I have too. Can you give me the link to the spec sheets you're refering to please?)

See the Post by Rossco and ColtKalle for the links to the spec sheets its at the bottom of the general chat section.

Interesting though is following on from yesterday, my VR4 has 225/50/16 an LSD a Large roof spoiler and the arches so its got bits of both (A Hybrid ??? or you could say a mongrull !!!).

Spirit
23-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Not all S' have TCL either, my 1996 one did but my 1999 one doesn't

Senator
23-11-2005, 09:49 PM

Type S equipped with AYC wheelarch extensions and wider tyres most pre facelift models equipped with traction control post facelift models dont seem to have the traction control.
Have a look in my vb garage as at the moment i have a facelift type V and a pre facelift type S. Type V dose not have ayc otherwise mechanically all is the same.

pezza
24-11-2005, 01:16 AM
Type S equipped with AYC wheelarch extensions and wider tyres most pre facelift models equipped with traction control post facelift models dont seem to have the traction control.
Have a look in my vb garage as at the moment i have a facelift type V and a pre facelift type S. Type V dose not have ayc otherwise mechanically all is the same.

Phwoar that type V facelift is ........ /yes the colour is perfect.. and its so clean!!!

How different is it driving the two for handling and cornering?

Wodjno
24-11-2005, 01:20 AM
Phwoar that type V facelift is ........ /yes the colour is perfect.. and its so clean!!!

Yup ! /yes

Is it Black ??

pezza
24-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Yup ! /yes

Is it Black ??

Wodj U not swapped the engine and running gear into that GDi yet? :-) :thumbsup:

Wodjno
24-11-2005, 04:47 PM
:inquisiti /pan

I think it would be more than my Lifes worth /yes /grr

What polish do you use Senator ??

Senator
24-11-2005, 08:57 PM

How different is it driving the two for handling and cornering?

Thanks for the comments guys, yes it is black with just a hint of metal flake,

I`m using turtle wax platinum polish at the mo, its very difficult to keep it looking clean more or less have to give it a polish after every wash.

As for the handling, I must admit I havent pushed the V as hard as the S but still very grippy and corners as on rails, I would say the V takes the corners on a wider track than the S. Performance wise the V is a bit quicker.