PDA

View Full Version : England VR4!

Donovan
23-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Hey guys , I will be comming to England in march of 06 , very interested in getting a vr4 while im over there. I will be on Lakenheath , AFB , if anyone knows where that is.. help me out with near by dealerships? please.

Seriously inquiries...or if anyone is selling there vr4 that is near RAF Lakenheath , AFB

Nick Mann
23-11-2005, 07:34 PM
The UK is not that big! You are within 3-4 hours of most places, which is ages for us but nothing to people used to driving in the states. Look in this sites for sale section, or try www.autotrader.co.uk for a few more. You will need to register on the autotrader site to refine your search.

Good luck! See you next year.

Donovan
25-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks alot man for that feedback , Im extremely excited to see what Englands vr4's are all about :) No doubt , I might have to buy one

Donovan
27-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Anyone else?..any suggestions.
remember Im comming to RAF Lakenheath AFB , england

ThEbIrDmAn13
27-11-2005, 09:39 PM
well by the time you leave there i should have enough to have you guys buy me one and import it, or i could request a TDY there to get one... either way, i will have one somehow...

ANTHONY
27-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Royal Air Force Station Lakenheath, United Kingdom, is located 70 miles northeast of London and 25 miles from Cambridge. Nearly 5,000 US military personnel and 2,000 American and British civilian employees

Bal
28-11-2005, 11:56 AM
it's in suffolk isnt it ... well east anglia for defo cos it's near my parents house.

there are a few east anglia vr4 nuts on here for sure.

Donovan
30-11-2005, 06:57 PM
The Birdman , my ideas exactly lol, and how is seymour?
ABE sport , thanks for the info , so it shouldnt be a problem finding one..

By the way birdman , how would I import one.. Im not clear on that.

mitzylongboy
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
hi donovan, i live in norwich ( about 65 miles north of lakenheath ). my sister dated an airman there. they got married 2 months before the gulf war ( the first one ). i visited them quite alot while they lived in newmarket. i got to have a look round the base a few times. y'know, where no-one else is allowed! signs everywhere warning of "no camera's or photographic equipment". he worked on the re-calibration of the laser guided missile pods. the massive torpedo shaped device that pointed a laser dot on a target while a F117 was 4 miles higher with a big f**k off bomb! they have these big boxes that were atttched to side of the building where they kept them to work on them. wall to wall computers, had to be kept very cold so they didn't overheat. good stuff! the BX is full of cool stuff too. it's better than mildenhall just over the road.
they live in UTAH now after a brief spell in NEW MEXICO. unfortunately they are divorced now. i haven't seen my sister for about 7 years. i hope you enjoy your stay in blighty. but i would like to warn you about driving locally around the base. there have been a lot of accidents involving americans including fatalaties! they might inform you about that or give you lessons or some shi*.
just want you to be safe. mind you a 4wd leggie is a good choice for the area. you have got some wicked roads nearby. i highly recomend the thetford to brandon road!! fantastic!! but there are also plenty of 5-0 around too, so keep your eyes peeled. lol. so are you an APACHE pilot then?

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!

psbarham
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
oooh an A10 tank buster , the bombing range is about 5 miles from where i live and when these things are testing the guns there it makes the house shake and as for the noise when they fire then 500 ft from your head even with eardefenders on your head rings for an hour or 2 , mind you thats nowt compaired to the yanks testing the F15 there ,the afterburners make the guns sound a bit tame

mitzylongboy
11-01-2006, 05:58 PM
i think the loudest plane i've heard ( from take off and a flyby ) was the B1-B bomber, not to be confused with the stalth bomber wing thing, and the vulcan bomber/tanker. v.loud!

psbarham
11-01-2006, 06:00 PM
i heard a vulcan once up at waddington , i can see why they grounded it , the nimrod AWAC's plane that followed it was near as damit silent

mitzylongboy
11-01-2006, 06:39 PM
the A-10a thunderbolt is my favorite plane though. won't be flying for much longer though. shame. they're like a little kickboxer!! in and out, massive power to weight and very nimble! love 'em!! sorry donovan, we have strayed off the thread a bit here! lol.

psbarham
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
you should get yourself to RAF holbeach then , its a bombing range on the marsh they test them all the time there , and coz its marsh land you can wander all over ( within reason) and watch them

mitzylongboy
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
you should get yourself to RAF holbeach then , its a bombing range on the marsh they test them all the time there , and coz its marsh land you can wander all over ( within reason) and watch them

/Hmmm :inquisiti :stop: :uhoh2: :uhoh: :stars: :end: /help