PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Single Din 3 - Gauge Pod...

Japow
24-11-2005, 12:04 AM
...for 2" gauges as per Ghanda's great setup - any of you seen it? preferably carbon effect with the gauges angled a bit. Cant seem to find any. If anyone has or can recommend a shop...

Wodjno
24-11-2005, 12:19 AM
...for 2" gauges as per Ghanda's great setup - any of you seen it? preferably carbon effect with the gauges angled a bit. Cant seem to find any. If anyone has or can recommend a shop...

This any good :inquisiti

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-DIN-Fitment-3-Hole-52mm-Gauge-Holder_W0QQitemZ8016544863QQcategoryZ36681QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Japow
24-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Thanks for that. i've been looking at those but having seen sexier & more robust-looking ones on ebay in the past i'm not so sure.

pezza
24-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Good find...

I did think about the DIN trio of gauges but I find it more difficult and more distracting to glance there during High Speed getaways or pursuits :lipsrseal

I went for dual a-pillar gauge pod instead...

Wodjno
24-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Thanks for that. i've been looking at those but having seen sexier & more robust-looking ones on ebay in the past i'm not so sure.

So this 1's no good to you then ;)

Japow
24-11-2005, 11:14 AM
So this 1's no good to you then ;)

Very nice. Can I have one?

Wodjno
24-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Very nice. Can I have one?

Try here under the heading Gauges and Pods :thumbsup:

http://www.impossible-performance.cwc.net/

ghanda
24-11-2005, 02:21 PM
yup, that's the puppy :)

jakester
24-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Kudo Racing also sell them, they do the nice swoosh guages too that are very similar to the Defi's:

http://www.kudo-r.com/gauges_acc.htm

Japow
25-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Excellent lads. Believe it or not i'm now trying to choose between a-pillar & din slot for mounting the guages - autogauge stealths. Especially as i stand to lose a lovely din storage/cup holder.

I love Gary's din install but how many of you guys would support Pezza in going for the a-pillar?

jakester
25-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Excellent lads. Believe it or not i'm now trying to choose between a-pillar & din slot for mounting the guages - autogauge stealths. Especially as i stand to lose a lovely din storage/cup holder.

I love Gary's din install but how many of you guys would support Pezza in going for the a-pillar?

My skyline had 2 in the A-Pillar, ok, but, a bit annoying when smoking :)

pezza
25-11-2005, 10:34 AM

/pan

Well the din route could be for you if you can quickly glance at them whilst on full boost ?? :rolleyes4

The A pillar pod I bought was from www.gaugeshop.co.uk 20 squid. Just needed a wee trim to tuck it under the rubber seal, two screws to the a pillar trim and hole to feed the cables behind the trim... It looks like this (and for once the petrol gauge needle aint in that usual position!) :

Japow
25-11-2005, 01:51 PM

As I don't smoke I think i'm sold on the a pillar arrangement. Think it'll go well with the agressive look of this particular VR-4.