PDA

View Full Version : Hotel for 29/12 Donny Track Day

Spirit
24-11-2005, 03:38 PM
It is more than likely I will have to travel up the night before, so anyone else want to book a hotel - and if so any recommendations from the locals ?

Will start looking myself too. :thumbsup:

WildCards
24-11-2005, 04:59 PM
This is the most obvious one Pete, being on the airport and only about 5 minutes away from the track

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************
Travelodge

Donington Park Granada Road Services
Donington Park Service Area
Junction 23a
M1 Motorway
Castle Donington
Derby
DE74 2TN
Central Reservations Tel: 0870 905 6343

The Donington Park Travelodge is situated within the Granada Motorway Services area main building. The site is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and features a variety of restaurants and retail shops.

The Travelodge Rooms sleep a family of four very comfortably and offer tea and coffee making facilities, free satellite television and a complimentary Times newspaper. All rooms are en-suite.

Room rates start at £39.95

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************

or try these links (http://www.nottinghamema.com/en/customer-information/accommodation/)

chris g
28-11-2005, 05:33 AM
The best hotel or at least the one I would choose is the place we stopped for our first CVR4 day at Donnington last year

Jimbo and HJM know the place after we all stayed there before that trackday

The Melbourne View Hotel - decent place, nice people, good beer and large breakfast

Jimbo
28-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Pete, this is the one Chris was referring to - Melbourne View Hotel (http://www.melbourneviewhotel.co.uk/) .

It was a nice place, only a mile or so from the paddock entrance, good food, friendly hosts, access to their tv & video, but......we did get chucked out of the bar at 10:59! Which after my :chugchug: exploits at Oulton, might not be such a bad thing!!!

I'll go with the masses, not too fussed where.

SGHOM
28-11-2005, 06:40 PM
"The hotel is non smoking. Smoking areas are available outside the front and rear of the building. "

I'm sure you & Pete will fine...... stood outside all evening, on a cold & frosty night !! :rolleyes4 /help /yes /yes

Spirit
28-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I have found a Travelodge just down the M1, 14 miles from the circuit - just £10 :thumbsup:

HJM
28-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I have found a Travelodge just down the M1, 14 miles from the circuit - just £10 :thumbsup:

£10???? OMG - that is a bargain!!! Oh, now we're all tempted again /pan

Gotta stop reading these threads!!!

Spirit
28-11-2005, 10:25 PM
£10???? OMG - that is a bargain!!! Oh, now we're all tempted again /pan

C'mon you know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Physician
28-11-2005, 10:31 PM

Oh, that'll be the local knocking shop Pete. Rooms are £10 but no bathroom or toilet.

You can't miss it - it has a red light outside the front entrance. Breakfast is on the opposite side of the road at the 'Truckers Diner' and the car park is a mere 500 yards down the road next to the local Pub called the Swingers Arms. It's a gay haunt so you should feel at ease. :smug: :joker:

Physician
28-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Actaully, joking apart Pete .......... which Travelodge is it? Leicester Forest East?

Spirit
28-11-2005, 10:46 PM
It's a gay haunt so you should feel at ease. :smug: :joker:

Ah, I know the one....it's next door to that OAP home where I often see you sat in the bay window, with a blanket on your lap looking out into the world /yes

Spirit
28-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Damn, looks like all the £10 rooms are now sold out :embarasse

HJM
28-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Damn, looks like all the £10 rooms are now sold out :embarasse

Good, that means we won't be tempted to come now :rolleyes4

Spirit
28-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Good, that means we won't be tempted to come now :rolleyes4

There are some £26 ones around still :thumbsup:

HJM
28-11-2005, 11:17 PM
There are some £26 ones around still :thumbsup:

Not that we are in the slightest bit interested but...............................

which hotel is it :rolleyes4 /help

Spirit
28-11-2005, 11:27 PM
Not that we are in the slightest bit interested but...............................

which hotel is it :rolleyes4 /help

Leicester Thrussington is £26 at the moment - about 15 miles away ?

Physician
29-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Ah, I know the one....it's next door to that OAP home where I often see you sat in the bay window, with a blanket on your lap looking out into the world /yes

Wish I hadn't started this now .......... :embarasse

Thrussington is a bit out in the sticks Pete ........... quite awkward to get there, and indeed, on to Donington in the morning.

Spirit
29-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Wish I hadn't started this now .......... :embarasse

Thrussington is a bit out in the sticks Pete ........... quite awkward to get there, and indeed, on to Donington in the morning.

Awww mate, you know I'm only kidding :joker:

Thanks for the heads up about the hotel, guess will look at the offered alternatives then :thumbsup:

HJM
29-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up about the hotel, guess will look at the offered alternatives then :thumbsup:

Whaaat - I've just booked it :rolleyes4

NOT

Physician
29-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Not sure what prices you have so far but there is this place just two minutes from me and 20 mins to Donington ......... not sure if they will do a 'deal' on 28/12?

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelFacilities.do;jsessionid=96860A236CB127E60E91 A01503AD35BD?hotelId=23825

Physician
29-11-2005, 12:22 AM
Thinking about it .......... I know someone and may be able to get a deal. Will check tomorrow ....... what is best price you have so far?

Physician
29-11-2005, 08:15 AM
Thinking about it .......... I know someone and may be able to get a deal. Will check tomorrow ....... what is best price you have so far?

Forget that idea ........ £63.00 !!! (so much for aquaintances)

HJM
30-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Has anyone booked a hotel yet?

I have found THIS (http://www.activehotels.com/servlet/xmlbrochure/index.do?hotelid=221206&day=&month=&year=&trkref=TWN&subid=&numrooms=&numnights=&language=&mode=) which looks distinctly Motelish and is £50 for one night or £60 for two nights :thumbsup:

It reckons five minutes from Donington and has a bar :chugchug:

Has anyone ever stayed in one before? What d'ya reckon :inquisiti

Physician
30-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Has anyone ever stayed in one before? What d'ya reckon :inquisiti

The problem with that hotel is that it is on the westbound carriageway of A50 so you have to go out of your way in wrong direction and do a 'U' turn to get to the circuit.

It's also a bit naff!

It's also a few miles further on from the circuit when coming from YOUR direction.

I think the first hotel Pete was recommended by WildCards is best bet. Or there is a Premier Travel Inn just 2 mins from me at Leicester Forest East.

Premier Travel Inn
Hinckley Rd, Leicester, LE3 3GD
0870 1977155

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelFacilities.do?hotelId=23825

This is en route for you and Pete and you can follow me to the circuit in the morning.

Wouter
16-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Ok.....

So what hotel are you lot stopping at then?

I am thinking of booking a room for Carmel and I!

Wouter
16-12-2005, 09:27 PM
And I think SGHOM will be wanting a room as well.

HJM
16-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok.....

So what hotel are you lot stopping at then?

I am thinking of booking a room for Carmel and I!

Doh! We still haven't booked anywhere :embarasse

Spirit
17-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Opps, forgot all about this :embarasse

Kieran
17-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm at work on the 29th, but given that being at work over the christmas week at our place generally means 'turn up and the rest is up to you because everywhere else is shut down' I might be able to drop in for a bit /yes

Won't say for definite, but see you there if I can get away with it. Donny is only 20ish mins from work :thumbsup:

Physician
17-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Won't say for definite, but see you there if I can get away with it. Donny is only 20ish mins from work :thumbsup:

That would be nice ....... but bear in mind that you won't get your Xmas present if you don't turn up :embarasse

Wouter
17-12-2005, 11:08 PM
So is anyone gonna book a Hotel room? or is everyone staying at Nick's? :evil2:

If we stay at Nick's, we can get Vicky to make some of those nice Brownies!

Spirit
20-12-2005, 06:00 PM
I have just sent an email to the Melbourne View Hotel, as mentioned on page 1, to confirm prices and availability of rooms.

Looks like a double is usually £69 - but their website does say the prices increase around Xmas/New Year :embarasse

Also checked the Travelodge at Nottingham EM Airport and can still currently book a room for £45.....so that seems favourite......BUT no bar of course !

Spirit
21-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Right, forget the Melbourne hotel - £69.00 !

We and also the HJM's have just booked the Premier Travel Inn at Leicester Forest East http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23825 , as suggested by Richard. The Travel Inn at EM airport has no bar/pub whereas this one is next to a Brewers Fayre :thumbsup:

Physician
22-12-2005, 02:13 AM
Right, forget the Melbourne hotel - £69.00 !

We and also the HJM's have just booked the Premier Travel Inn at Leicester Forest East http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23825 , as suggested by Richard. The Travel Inn at EM airport has no bar/pub whereas this one is next to a Brewers Fayre :thumbsup:

Goodie ........ I'll join you for dinner and also breakfast and then I can lead you on to Donnie. You are so close to me that you'll hear me fart in bed. :embarasse

Edit:

Are you and Heath convoying up Pete? I'll give you a call sometime to explain the easiest route to the Hotel (you can exit at the Leicester Forest East Services on M1 and the hotel is at end of that sliproad ........ very simple).

From Hotel to Donnie is roughly 20 mins.

Spirit
22-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Not sure yet mate, will speak to HJM and let you know.

HJM
22-12-2005, 09:02 AM
You are so close to me that you'll hear me fart in bed. :embarasse

Oh Joy - there's something to look forward to :inquisiti

Although you do realise that will work both ways (Heath, obviously, not me :rolleyes4 )

J :joker:

WildCards
22-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Someone mention food?

Physician
22-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Someone mention food?

Yes ........ you're invited. Your round :smug:

Physician
24-12-2005, 05:30 PM
OK Trackers and guests etc.............

Breakfast is served from 07.00 at this hotel. May I suggest that we meet up for breakfast from 07.00 - 07.15 and aim to depart at 07.30 - 07.40 for Donington? This will get us to the track for 08.00 but these start times always seem a bit delayed and so there is no urgency, I don't think.

It's easy for those staying to arrange all this the evening before but I'm thinking that people like Rally205 and possibly Wildcards may like to join us for breakfast in the morning en route.

Could Pete and Heath confirm this is OK so that others can make their plans ...... I also have to inform a friend who coming up from Northampton. :happy:

HJM
24-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Could Pete and Heath confirm this is OK so that others can make their plans ...... I also have to inform a friend who coming up from Northampton. :happy:

No arguments here Richard :thumbsup:

Spirit
24-12-2005, 08:40 PM
No arguments here Richard :thumbsup:

Fine with us too :thumbsup:

Physician
24-12-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks Heath and Pete. Anyone else joining us for breakfast?

Map of M1 services at Leicester Forest East and hotel location. If you are LEAVING the services to rejoin the M1 northbound, JUST before the actual sliproad ON to the M1 is a small road on the left (BP Petrol is on your right) ....... I THINK there is a NO ENTRY sign but just ignore that and follow red arrows. (same as on most services).

When you reach the Hinckley Road 'T' junction turn left and immediately left again into the hotel carpark - at this point go to your right and bear left as if to go behind the hotel ...... there is a back door/reception area.

I'll PM you both my home tel number in case you have any problems.

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/hotel.jpg

WildCards
26-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Hopefully i'll make breakfast, beats Weetabix and/or cooking it myself.

See you there evryone.