PDA

View Full Version : The worst of the weather...............

SGHOM
25-11-2005, 10:09 PM
appears to be in cornwall !! :thumbsup:

serves 'em right, about time they suffer what us northeners have suffered for years !! /yes /yes

/ runs for cover under duvet. :embarasse :embarasse

Nick VR4
25-11-2005, 11:10 PM

serves 'em right, about time they suffer what us northeners have suffered for years !! /yes /yes

LOL ---- a ex southerner here living in the North West NO SNOW bloooody cold though :rolleyes4

Spirit
26-11-2005, 12:20 AM
We had a little snow here in Plymouth (litterally just over the border from Cornwall) but nothing major, but Cornwall was hit along with parts of Dartmoor.

Trouble down here is that everything comes to a standstill as we're not used to it /grr

SGHOM
26-11-2005, 12:22 AM
eeh bye gum........ it's grim up north !! /yes /kicks ferret into touch !! :chugchug: :chugchug:

The Vee
26-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Trouble down here is that everything comes to a standstill as we're not used to it /grr

Think that's the same all over mate. Bit of the white stuff and shock horror............Gridlock :embarasse

psbarham
26-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Think that's the same all over mate. Bit of the white stuff and shock horror............Gridlock :embarasse
tell me about it , we had a quick flurry in spalding yesterday , and all of a sudden every car had its foglights on and was driving at 3 1/2 miles an hour /pan , i can't wait for it to snow properly , bring on tesco's car park when it does :smug: /Steeringw

WildCards
26-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Bloody front foglights should be uninvented. To55ers drive around everywhere with them on in the morning since we've had a bit of fog (might i add that it isn't foggy enough for foglights yet, <40% visability isn't it?), so snow as yet here in Leicester as far as i'm aware so i'm still able to travel at a decent pace to work and back.

Kieran
26-11-2005, 10:09 AM
tell me about it , we had a quick flurry in spalding yesterday , and all of a sudden every car had its foglights on and was driving at 3 1/2 miles an hour /pan , i can't wait for it to snow properly , bring on tesco's car park when it does :smug: /Steeringw

I think I've used my fropnt fogs about twice - and is it me or don't they make that much difference in fog anyway?

Oh, and yes, if we do get any snow (though we've avoided it so far) then I want to find a deserted stretch of road too!! /Steeringw

WildCards
26-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I think I've used my fropnt fogs about twice - and is it me or don't they make that much difference in fog anyway?

I always thought it was for others to see you. After all, bright light reflects off of decent fog, which is why you should also never using main beam if it's foggy at night.

Polabear
27-11-2005, 06:45 PM

And to think I settled here to get away from all that SH!TE.... /help

Nick Mann
27-11-2005, 06:56 PM
I always thought it was for others to see you. After all, bright light reflects off of decent fog, which is why you should also never using main beam if it's foggy at night.

Fog lights at the front are to help you see. The lower level of the beam is designed to sit lower to the floor, where the fog is often not as thick. It don't always work! Most front 'fog' lights are now drivers lights anyway? They used to be as bright as main beam, but now most are the same as dipped beam.

Rear fog lights annoy the sh!t out of me. A bit of mist and everybody puts them on. They are there as an aid to visibility, fair enough, but if the tw@t is travelling at 70 mph, then is there really a visibility issue??? If you are travelling at more than 40-50mph then there is absolutley no need to have a rear fog light on. (Sorry - I'll stop ranting now!!)

strapping young lad
27-11-2005, 07:16 PM
i thought the fogs lit up the sides of the road mainly so that if you were in quite thick for you could still drive on the road and not vere onto the verge

btw we had some snow today but it was for about 10 mins and it didnt stick :(

WildCards
27-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Fog lights at the front are to help you see. The lower level of the beam is designed to sit lower to the floor, where the fog is often not as thick. It don't always work! Most front 'fog' lights are now drivers lights anyway? They used to be as bright as main beam, but now most are the same as dipped beam.

Rear fog lights annoy the sh!t out of me. A bit of mist and everybody puts them on. They are there as an aid to visibility, fair enough, but if the tw@t is travelling at 70 mph, then is there really a visibility issue??? If you are travelling at more than 40-50mph then there is absolutley no need to have a rear fog light on. (Sorry - I'll stop ranting now!!)

They are also useless in you are in a convoy of traffic. Something else people are ignorant of.