PDA

View Full Version : 2-1 downshift, slow

Robotnik123
28-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Sometimes when I'm sitting idling at traffic lights and have the tiptronic autobox on my legnum in self-shift mode, I'll muck around shifting up and down from 1 to 2. The shift up from 1 to 2 is instant, but in the shift down again fron 2 to 1 there seems to be a 1 or 2 second delay. Is this normal? Anyone ever notice something similar? I only notice the delay when the car is idling mind you; when it's moving the 2 to 1 downshift is instant.

Physician
28-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Sometimes when I'm sitting idling at traffic lights and have the tiptronic autobox on my legnum in self-shift mode, I'll muck around shifting up and down from 1 to 2. The shift up from 1 to 2 is instant, but in the shift down again fron 2 to 1 there seems to be a 1 or 2 second delay. Is this normal? Anyone ever notice something similar? I only notice the delay when the car is idling mind you; when it's moving the 2 to 1 downshift is instant.

It's simple ...... and goes something like this:

VR4 > OK, he's just come to a stop so I'll put the gear into 1st for him.

Robotnik > Ummm, think I'll shift up to 2nd ready to go.

VR4 > Aha! He wants to use 2nd to start off ...... I'll put it into 2nd immediately

Robotnik > Nah! Think I'll start in 1st.

VR4 > Now what the fu*k is he up to? I just put it into 1st for him and he changed it to 2nd and now he wants 1st again ......... well he can bloody well wait :leer:

bradc
28-11-2005, 07:23 PM
rofl :D

I have done that once or twice myself and it hasn't taken any real length of time at all. The only time mine is slow changing is when the oil is still cold and it takes a second or so for all gear changes.

Physician
28-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Yea, I guess all our cars have particular peculiarities.

When I first start mine from cold ......... it changes from 1st to 2nd fine but 2nd to third it slightly 'over-revs' or 'surges' momentarily ..... and that's it - all other gears are fine. It's done this since I had it for some 10,000 miles.

richy rich
28-11-2005, 07:36 PM

When I first start mine from cold ......... it changes from 1st to 2nd fine but 2nd to third it slightly 'over-revs' or 'surges' momentarily ..... and that's it - all other gears are fine. It's done this since I had it for some 10,000 miles.
mine does the same i change to tip and change it my self.

pezza
28-11-2005, 07:47 PM

mine too.... :D at first I thought car over revved as I had a bit of wheelspin etc.
at that time in the morning I am too lazy to use tiptronic mode :sleeping:

I also get a slightly longer than usual 2 to 1 change but wonder if thats to do with revs being a bit too high for a changedown occasionally? :inquisiti

Physician
28-11-2005, 10:04 PM
mine does the same i change to tip and change it my self.

LOL .......... So do I ! :smug: