PDA

View Full Version : ATF from Halfords

vampirej
28-11-2005, 05:39 PM
All,

I have just discovered that I have a gearbox leak... :embarasse I checked the level last night and it appears to have run out... car was warmed up but not in gear... I need some ATF to top up as it's stalling and some issues when changing 2nd to 3rd... and some noises when changing down from 2nd to 1st...
Does anyone know what I could get to top up the car for the time being before I order some from Amsoil?

Thanks,

Jon

bernmc
28-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Any dexon III grade will do. Derek the SGHOM has put all sorts of cak in his, and it still works! Halfrauds were a bit expensive the last time I looked - got mine from another auto place in a 5l container. Worth looking around.

vampirej
28-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks, so I just need some Dexon III with addictive (HFM)... I would imagine I'd need to take it to someone in Jan to have a look at the leak and top up for the time being... oh and what's the proper way to check the level? In gear or in N when the car is running and warmed up?

Nick Mann
28-11-2005, 08:50 PM
If you are going to change to the amsoil in the near future, I wouldn't worry about the friction modifier. Just the Dexron III will get you away.

vampirej
28-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks for that guys... I have now added a litre of ATF (Dexron III) and it seems to have stopped the stalling problem, but will need to see whether I need to add more tomorrow as it still playing when changing up from 2nd to 3rd every now and then in light throttle (seems as though it engages, then went to neutral then engages again). Thanks for all the tips in the forum. :thumbsup:

I-S
29-11-2005, 09:18 AM
As said, use dexron III until you've got the leak fixed, then Amsoil goodness...