PDA

View Full Version : Greddy emanage installation problems

Andre
29-11-2005, 05:59 AM
ye, i have installed an e-manage in my car but i am having a problem with the airflow signal connection. I found the right wire on the pinout which suppose to be cut and connnect the green and white wire accordinly . but when i start the car the check light is coming on. I have the rotary switches on the emanage set to 6.8.4. Is every thing here correct please help .

enigma
29-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Hmmmm......sounds in order? Have you connected the optional ignition harness?

valmes
29-11-2005, 08:45 AM
hmmm...
I think you got your Airflow signal wires messed up...

From MAF to e-manage - light blue Airflow input signal wire
From e-manage to ECU - purple Airflow output signal

Look into the manual... wiring instructions "for vehicles with Karman Vortex type sensor".

PS: that also means you probably have it connected to wrong pinouts on e-manage...

enigma
29-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Hmmmm......sounds in order? Have you connected the optional ignition harness?

Ooooh arse, what was I thinking? /pan Is the airflow wire green and white? my brain no function at 7am!

valmes
29-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Ooooh arse, what was I thinking? /pan Is the airflow wire green and white? my brain no function at 7am!

They are green and white for Hot wire, Flap type and MAP, but not for Karman Vortex. /yes

Andre
29-11-2005, 02:54 PM
thanks i would try it and see what happens.

Andre
07-12-2005, 02:20 AM
ye guys i have hooked up the wires correct, the check light is coming on anymore but the car would hard start and if it actually does start it would not idle and it would not rev and it sounds spluttery. when i check the emange real time display the airflow signal is going in the emange at about 32 hz and going to the computer at about 9hz that is not right some one help please?
The rotary switches are 6.8.4 i have that correct

valmes
07-12-2005, 03:49 AM
Check two things - Airflow correction map and Injectors correction...
Also did you use the knobs on the back of the e-manage?

Better yet upload your config file here...

valmes
07-12-2005, 04:06 AM
I really can't remember now (I sold my blue unit) what those rotary switches should be set to... If Dave says they are right, they must be...

You'r sure you've wired it right this time both ends?

If everything is zeroed out... means there are no adjustments made... it should run like stock.

Andre
07-12-2005, 07:08 AM
well it isn't working , both wires are connected and nuffin has been dun to the airflow map and nuffin has been dun to the injector map yet nor the ignition map . I need help

Andre
15-12-2005, 03:54 AM
ye guys i did every thing right and i still getting a problem when i checkl kde meange on de comp. de a irflow signal coming in at 32 and going out at 9 which is causing de car to not sart or idle properly or even rev. can some one please help me asap please? If possible can some one tell me step by step what to do to hook up the emange in a vr4 so i can see where i went wrong?