PDA

View Full Version : WTB, Std air intake and box

Xeroid
29-11-2005, 08:35 AM
So my Legnum has this Blitzen POD buried back in the engine bay sucking hot air . :evil2: I reckon the standard air intake and box with a decent filter would be a better option pulling cool air in over the front bulkhead. Any one got one they wish to dispose of at a reasonable price or a better suggestion.
Don't want to move the battery into the back, nowhere to really put it in a wagon and I need the carrying space but some cold air would be a big help I reckon. /Hmmm

Gly
29-11-2005, 09:08 AM
what do you mean theres no room inthe leggys boot??!!

you could always get some suitable hose/pipe from the lower bit of the front bumper a feed it up to the filter,

i have a stock box and intake pipe from a N/A
but dunno if its the same as the turbo one?

bradc
29-11-2005, 07:28 PM
Gly, my old facelift had the same airbox and intake as my VR-4, so it might be the same.

I will be getting a pair of airfilters soon, so if no-one else can help you our Xeroid, I'll have mind for you soon.

I was going to put my batter in the spare wheel well, I see no point in the stupid little space saver tyre, too dangerous to ever use IMHO. I couldn't put my battery where Gly has put his, my TV Tuner is there, and in the little pocket on the other side is the GPS and MMCS brain box.

Xeroid
30-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks for pix gly, still don't like battery in boot even nicely done like that. The air duct is something I've thought of already and might have a go at with some 4" aircon duct long as I can keep it clear of anything critical.

Otherwise thanks for offer bradc, may take you up on it ....let me know how much you want for it.

I've got a full size spare in the back, ex factory wheel after my wife bought some Gmax 16" s for her car. She also carries a full size, very handy, needed it once. When I chase rally events probably put her old factory wheels on, better on gravel roads and won't damage the 18"s then.

Gly
30-11-2005, 07:19 PM
if you need the airbox sooner you can have mine for $20

full sized spares rock, ive got a 17" in my boot... it can be made to fit :)

dickytim
01-12-2005, 06:08 AM
I am going to put my battery into the boot, already have 75mm cable run, just need to find the motivation, and the need, can't do a cold airbox until my warranty runs out.

Josh2xsv
06-12-2005, 05:23 AM
full sized spares rock, ive got a 17" in my boot... it can be made to fit :)

How have you done this Gly? I wanna drop a standard 16" wheel in there but it pushes the boot/tool tray thingy up... hate the spacey wit a vengeance!

Gly
06-12-2005, 05:45 AM
removed the tray and put a frame in to support the cover/carpet

suppose you could cup up the tray to acheive the same thing

im gonna paint and sound deaden it this weekend if i have time.

Josh2xsv
06-12-2005, 05:48 AM
Thats quite mint - top thinkin mate... :thumbsup: :chugchug:

dickytim
06-12-2005, 05:56 AM
gly do you take it out for the warrant ?

it should be secured for a warrant or not there :P

Gly
06-12-2005, 05:59 AM
i know it shoud be secured, i just dont have a bolt long enough...
surprisingly.. ive never been had up on this...
they look in the boot, and get side tracked by either thinking, sweet setup,
or, i cant be ****ed moving that box to check the spare, LOL

dickytim
06-12-2005, 06:11 AM
all good, my old sub box was so heavy they couldn't move it if they wanted to :)

Xeroid
06-12-2005, 09:03 AM
I've got a 16" spare and it does pop the floor up about 50mm. I was thinking of remounting the two little side boxes higher so they were flush with the floor so it looked all ok. Be a small lip at the back but not a biggie. I'll leave it for the meantime cos I don't drive from the back.
I'll have a go at some ducting first, maybe this weekend. Otherwise might take you up on the box offer.

Cheers

i3ooyah
06-12-2005, 10:38 AM
i like my spare tyre better

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/I3ooyah/nos21.jpg

Xeroid
06-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Mmmmm... Nyah !
Don't want to be stuck on some dirt road in the middle of nowhere between Rally stages and missing good pix. And having to walk...!! and I don't need NOS.
Confess I do like the frame idea Gly has done, might look into that.

bradc
06-12-2005, 07:13 PM
slightly off topic, but i300yah, you have MMCS but where is the box that used to live on the left side?

And is there any reason why the battery can't go in the spare wheel well?

i3ooyah
06-12-2005, 08:27 PM
brad ive actually removed all together the one on the right and moved the box on the left and there isnt a reason why the battery cant go there i am actually gonna put it there its just a matter of finding something to make a good bracket so it doesnt move

and to keep on topic im pretty sure i have a std airbox lying around

dickytim
07-12-2005, 12:39 AM
I have moved my MMCS box from the back only took a day to move the loom to under the front seat.

Wouldn't recomend it with out a few rolls of loom tape and some patients tho.

Xeroid
07-12-2005, 10:22 AM
OK, had a chat to our pet Mitsi Mechanic, Mark the Marvelous Mobile Mech ( if ya want home based service in Auckland he's DA MAN !! ) and he reckons the Pod in the bay is a loser. Picks up too much dirt and too much hot air so yup, I need a std airbox and duct.

Don't mind paying a bit and picking up so leave me a contact number or PM me and I'll be happy to arrange. Auckland would be easiest obviously. 0274380237 if anyone wants to ring.

Also had a full wheel alignment, balance and tyre check today, tyres are Jap Dunlop but they're not bad the boys at Frank Allen reckon. I'll go D3's when they reach the end.

And the aforementioned Mark is coming Friday 16th to do an 'A' service + AYC & Brake Fluid change, dealer was a bit mean and left them. Mark will also do a full visual which will make me happier. So all sweet for Xmas then. And it's looking all shiny after a full cut, polish and wax.

ECU is starting to adapt to my driving style, ie hoon. As an American friend said to me recently "Have you found the 'Drive like a Maniac' button yet?" . Yup, its the one under my right foot.

Gly
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
if you want mine ($20), my number is

021-104-5215

im in the manukau/botany area

Xeroid
08-12-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds sweet Gly, ring ya tomorrow and arrange pickup.

OSiRiS
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
What about the standard air duct to the aftermarket POD filter?

ShadyNZer
09-12-2005, 12:39 AM
i think kiwitt has that done, this was ages ago when i first went to a cvr4 meet but i think he had the std air duct goin to a hks super power flow filter...i think..