PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

Roadrunner
15-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Just renewed my Red Zebra warranty cover for another year - very reasonable, I thought, at £275 :D

Spirit
17-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Sounds reasonable to me too H7 ! :D

Pete

Jamo
17-04-2003, 11:55 PM
H.7,

As I said, I'd paid £409 for mine...a Red Zebra Diamond warranty INSERT INTO post VALUES (special category).

After seeing what you'd paid, I rang the warranty department and spoke to a lovely lady who said indeed, I should have paid what you paid. I asked her to check and double check...VR-4, I kept saying. Yes, she said...I'd been overcharged.

So I approached the dealers with an email. Great service, he replied very quickly and apologised. It seems the VR-4 was previously listed with the Lancers and big 4x4s as special category. After a recent warranty shake-up, it seems they're no longer listed that way. They are now simply 'car'.

So he too believes I'm due the difference refunded, but just has to run it by his area manager. Fingers crossed it'll go through smoothly.

They seem a decent bunch, so I'm sure it's an honest mistake. But all mistakes cost someone and if it hadn't been for this board, I'd never have known I was out of pocket.

So, hurrah for this club! Sharing info on here should be getting me my £134 back.

...Jamo

BraindG
18-04-2003, 12:06 AM
HURRAH!, lends uz a tenner?

Roadrunner
18-04-2003, 08:34 AM
Excellent news, Jamo. Now, what bits can you get for £134 .... :D

Spirit
18-04-2003, 08:48 AM
A Ralliart chrome oil cap and rad cap would soon flitter that away .......lol

Pete

Nick VR4
29-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Yesterday I paid £409 for the Red Zebra Warranty

Read this the morning :eek: and straight in Phone to Garage
Told them are you sure you haven't charged me to much
I was on the really good web site for VR4's LOL plug for site and everyone has paid around £275
It was mmm ok leave it with me were find out
Just got a call back from Garage :D
Hello Nick its Cathy here I'm very sorry but you were right we over charged even the Manager didnt realise we will credit your account with £140 Ching ching

Thanks Guys
:beerclash :beerclash

BraindG
29-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Yeay! bevvies are on Nick :beerbang:

congrats

Jamo
29-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Yup, I've got my £140 back too.

I'm not really sure where this will end up though. My main dealer said they made the mistake because the VR-4 always WAS special category. Fair enough....I can imagine it was INSERT INTO post VALUES (with the Lancers and 4x4s).

But there was a warranty shake-up at the end of last year and now the VR-4 isn't actually listed by name on the 'special category £409' list.

So, I think it's a fair mistake for the odd dealer or two to make. Totally understandable. I almost felt bad taking my refund, but did of course, because others across the country have paid the £275.

However, I got the impression it's an oversight on Mitsubishi's part and they are looking into moving the VR-4 back up to special category. So this may be a one year only treat for us.

Or maybe not. Maybe the VR-4 will be 'car' category from here on.

...Jamo