PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Marea - is it just me?

I-S
29-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Is it just me or...

Does the Fiat Marea Weekend (ie the estate) look rather like the galant? Now, before you burn me at the stake...

1) Similar bluff front end with headlamps essentially vertical.

2) Very similar end-on profile, with the bulged out waist and inward sloping glass.

In low light at a glance from a distance, it's possible to mistake it (although I've not mistaken a galant for a marea, only a marea for a galant).

Ok, commence burning...

Wouter
29-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Isaac Sibson = /pan /pan

Isaac..... please stop taking those drugs.

Wodjno
29-11-2005, 01:56 PM
/grr /help :huh2: /duh :shocked: /pan

WildCards
29-11-2005, 02:10 PM
It's alot smaller, different rear lights and is alot curvier. I think you need your iris' cleaning!

pezza
29-11-2005, 02:17 PM
HAHAH dont flame him :stop:

In low light with headlamps and foggies on... I couldve sworn I had a galant tailing me on sunday night... I would've put money on it!!! Its those rectangular headlamps that appear to curve round the bumper like the 8G and the position of the foglamps underneath!!!

It turned out to be a fiat brava (the one with orrid rear lights that look like open wounds from animal claws :inquisiti /Hmmm vivd imagination mode)

Next time you see one at night you will see /yes

Kieran
29-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Yep, have to agree with Isaac and Pezz....There is a passing similarity.

ariddell
29-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Yep, have to agree with Isaac and Pezz....There is a passing similarity.

Thankfully not in terms of build quality or reliability though.....

Big Ian
29-11-2005, 07:28 PM
/yes it does, i posted about it before when someone asked "HUW Big Man!....when did you get the Fiat"

:inquisiti :evil2: /pan

also got asked if it was a Volvo :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
29-11-2005, 07:58 PM
The Fiat estate has very similar lines to the Legnum, including the shapes of the windows on the side. They are close enough to make me double take in the dark. Not in the light, though, and never the saloon!

I-S
29-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Never had it with the saloon... just the estate.

Like I said... it's at a glance in low light at a distance. Close up the panel gaps you could fit a legnum through give the game away...

Paul Beazer
29-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I also agree. Whilst im on the subject, anyone here think 406 estates have a certain "legnum" look from the front about them??
Please be as gentle with me as you were with Isaac?!

Nick Mann
29-11-2005, 11:26 PM
My parents have a 406 estate and when it is parked next to mine the lines are again very similar. Probably closer than the fiat and certainly similar in size, but somehow I have never mistaken a 406 for a Legnum.

From a length point of view the 406 and the legnum are almost identical, but the driver sits much further back in the legnum, so the 406 wins slightly in rear legroom and massively in the boot. Less space under the bonnet, though!