PDA

View Full Version : Problem with electrics?

Ultra VR-4
11-09-2003, 09:56 PM
hey does anyone have any problems with their electrics?
I have 2 problems... When i unlock my windows the driver window will just go down! and wont go back up unless i lock the windows again...

And just today while i was driving, my air cond keeps turning on? its the one with the tv screen thingy... its touch screen...
anybody heard of this happening?

zedy1
11-09-2003, 10:37 PM
change the window switch it must be faulty. the electric windows on the vr4 work on resistence

Legnum Boy
18-09-2003, 04:12 AM
I too, thought I had a ghost changing my A/C settings..... turns out to be a combination of sticky dust particles and sunlight..!!

The touch screen is quite sensitive and will turn on/up or even change the flow of the air con, if the right combination of light reflection and surface dust is produced.:rolleyes:

To combat this, I have discovered the key combination to power down the screen, which is hidden amongst the confusing sat nav menus.
INSERT INTO post VALUES (..invaluble at times of sunny-ness)

With the screen powered down, you can still make adjustments to the CD and Radio, as it powers up for a short while to allow this. :D

Darren
18-09-2003, 07:15 AM
Legnum Boy you have a cd changer attached to your Sat Nav set up ? I have the same unit but am unsure what will work with it. Can you give me some details about the unit you have ?

Legnum Boy
18-09-2003, 11:53 AM
AFAIK. The CD changer thats in mine, is the standard jap one.
Its a 10 x changer mounted in the boot, left side, behind the light cluster.
I have not had any problems with it, and so have not sought to change it.
The guy I bought the car from said that the radio frequencies had been upped to UK range, but he lied.
Thought about getting that done, and then thought again...INSERT INTO post VALUES (feck all on the radio that i wanna hear)

I wouldn't relish the thought of changing any of the standard ICE, because of the way that everythings tied into it.

I just pray that good old jap electronics stand the test of time.