PDA

View Full Version : where can i get these?

mitzylongboy
30-11-2005, 04:18 PM
i have just been looking at a link on another thread and found another pikkie of a legnum with these headlights. where can you get 'em? i have included the other picture i've had for some time( the black one) i have been admiring almost everyone's car but i think i have just found the perfect compromise in style,modification and attracting just enough attention (the red one). it looks like a rally estate! i have also asked in previous threads about scissor doors? well there they are on the other black one! superb! where can i get them? i don't suppose anyone can refer me to any threads with regards to performance longevity with regards to the octane drop from japanese to u.k. fuel? does the e.c.u. sort that out? i'm still having real trouble deciding on a legnum or a skyline? y'know, economy, parts, performance, styling, choice of car and aftermarket selection etc. i love my galant to bits and have always said a good solid boost of performance and it's spot on...BUT. i just long for a skyline, and the thought of parking it up and people looking at it etc would be so cool. people cruising around will know straight away what i'm capable of. i like that sort of attention, however that attention can go pete tong when the dibble are involved. i've had many occaisions where i'm giving someone a run for there saxo money, when the fuzz are just around the corner! who do they stop? me in my middle age estate? or Mr. six tonne saxo (speakers, amps, bodyfiller, amps, wings etc)? yep the spotty oik in his yellow peril !! so i can see the trouble i could get into if the 5 '0' got to choose between the hot hatch with one year's free insurance or my beast from the east! maybe when i'm a bit older and a couple of my 4 children have grown up and moved out i'll get my GODZILLA!! mind you i could afford a porsche 911 carrera 4 by then! YIPPEE!

pezza
30-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Not sure if those headlamp units are the same as the ones from diamond-technik in japan that someone posted a few weeks back....

Check THIS (http://www.d-technik.com/shopping/galat/legnum_photo.html) and THIS (http://www.d-technik.com/shopping/galat/da0009.html) Not sure of the price for the headlamps but if 375 for the fog/spotlamp assembly is anything to go by ..... :rolleyes4

Nice tho... :thumbsup:

WildCards
30-11-2005, 05:01 PM
i don't suppose anyone can refer me to any threads with regards to performance longevity with regards to the octane drop from japanese to u.k. fuel? does the e.c.u. sort that out?

Everyone on here AFAIK uses Optimax or similiar. I don't think ECU sorts it out either, long term you're going to break something using 95 RON.

i'm still having real trouble deciding on a legnum or a skyline? y'know, economy, parts, performance, styling, choice of car and aftermarket selection etc. i love my galant to bits and have always said a good solid boost of performance and it's spot on...BUT. i just long for a skyline, and the thought of parking it up and people looking at it etc would be so cool. people cruising around will know straight away what i'm capable of

Then get a Skyline, i don't know the maintenance figures for a Skyline but it can't be too different from a leggy. Get what you want not what you think you want otherwise you'll regret it. But 4 kids?!!

Whatever you get, enjoy :thumbsup: /Steeringw

mitzylongboy
30-11-2005, 06:25 PM
thanks for the information on the lamps. i just had strong feelings for the legnum but everytime i look for anything for the car i come up with nothing! the precious evo gets top drawer. hey ho! i love skylines and you can get so much stuff for them it makes it the easier choice but i love the V6 of my car. i think common sense will provail and i will get the legnum. give it a couple of years (well 5 ish) and see how i feel about the skyline then. i think it's rather similar to the ferrari/porsche debate, averyone loves a ferrari but in real life and everyday circumstances the porsche beats it hands down. i did even think about a pulsar GTi-R for a laugh but reading there forum threads the economy is absolutly naff! 15-20 mpg! O.K. if i did get a legnum can someone tell me which BOV are recommended? this has been on my mind for a while now and i am aware they aren't exactly a performance aid on a legnum, quite the opposite. however the ones that got my attention were the type that give the TTSSSHHH! sound but still recirculate most of the air as the turbo's are too small to really warrent the dump valves in the first place. ( i think i got that right). thanks again for the valuable information i am being very thorough with my investigation into my next car. i mentioned in my introduction (when i joined) i was a biker in my former life and a serious/near fatal accident earlier this year changed things so i really want something to put that grin on my face again! it is so important to me in order to maintain my sanity! by the way one of the children is a step child, he's 14 nearly 15 so it wont be long before he is on a moped going to college so 5 seats are plentyfor my 3.

WildCards
01-12-2005, 12:15 AM
if i did get a legnum can someone tell me which BOV are recommended?

Do a search i'm sure something will pop up, and/or pay £20 to join and a wealth of information will be there for the taking you know it makes sense. :thumbsup:

Geordie Iain
02-12-2005, 10:47 AM
One of the biggest differances between the legnum and skyline is, you can buy a '96 P legnum vr4 for £6k where i live, and a '96 P skyline GTR will cost £16k.
Oil changes by enthusiasts are done at 3k, nissan say every 6k.
I love skylines, and was very close to buying one, but a sprog made an apperiance so practicality shone through :)

mitzylongboy
02-12-2005, 03:16 PM
i know what you mean about the kids. however i have four of 'em and i have been able to run a car and a bike together. i have found to run and modify a motorcycle quite a bit more expensive to do because manufacturers don't sell enough to make them cheap. i would have intentions of having a cheap family car to use day to day ( renault 21 savanna 7 seater ). then have the skyline to tinker with. i suppose my problem is more to do with popular moding mags like REDLINE, MAX POWER, FAST CAR etc has pages and pages of companies supplying everything from bumpers to bonnets, turbo's to timing belts and air filter's to air suspension! but you look under mitsubishi then legnum or even galant and there is bugger all! i just get a bit fustrated with it! and that includes the so called jap import specailists! yet there seems to be more options for pulsars, skylines, evo's, supras and scoobies, the list goes on! if i do want something it's gonna cost a fortune coming from the orient. i love the legnum and i would be happy to get 400+ bhp and nitrous but the skyline's engine seems to be more up to it. an in-line 6 seems more suitable for tuning than a V6. maybe i'm wrong. but i don't know how long it's going to take for us to get a really good share of the aftermarket sector. i look online very often using search engines in vain hoping to find people out there who have the skills to potentially upgrade my car. i hope that all makes sense and i hope people don't start replying to me saying "well get a bloody skyline then!" coz thats not what i'm after! i would like people to prove me wrong and show me the massive choice available to me in this country.