PDA

View Full Version : V6-24V Manual Gearbox ?

zentac
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
These are like rocking horse sh*t, I must have emailed and phoned 300 breakers and none have them in. Ive found a couple of auto`s and a couple of 4WD`s but no FWD`s.... anyone any ideas? Other than me buying a car and stripping it myself?

The Vee
02-12-2005, 01:01 AM
Would it be possible to import one?
Not from the people I used, I hasten to add.

Sports GT
03-12-2005, 07:05 AM
These are like rocking horse sh*t, I must have emailed and phoned 300 breakers and none have them in. Ive found a couple of auto`s and a couple of 4WD`s but no FWD`s.... anyone any ideas? Other than me buying a car and stripping it myself?

I need a 4WD gearbox for a 6A12TT... any idea where I can get one?... it has to be manual though... and what's the price like?

zentac
03-12-2005, 09:27 AM
someone was selling a whole car with a bit of front end damage one ebay, that was quite cheap.

g6acb
03-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Is the 'box the same on a 2.0l and the 2.5 v6?? Once all the hoops I have to jump thru for my insurance company are jumped I will have a 98 2.0l gls (69k) with rear damage (cat c write off) which would be suitable for repair / parts.

Would prefer to get shut of the car in 1 go rather than break it up as i have neither the time / tools / storage

zentac
03-12-2005, 11:03 AM
they are different but may fit.

Sports GT
03-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Does anybody know if the gearbox from a Lancer Evolution 1-3 will fit a 6A12?... Aren't the supposed to be similar or the same?

Nick Mann
03-12-2005, 07:08 PM
They all look similar. I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult to stick it on, but the best way would be to find the box you want to put in it and compare the bell housing and transfer box mountings as well as the shafts. If it all matches up then most of the headache will go!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Sports GT
07-12-2005, 02:02 AM
ok, I'm still experimenting with the gearbox for my Galant.. the 4G63 tranny will not fit.. starter motor and everything just doesn't add up... I have a 3.0 V6 Twin Turbo 3000GT engine which was supposed to go in my car but is down for repair and overhauling ATM... I'm wondering if I can use the tranny.. I will experiment with it but I wanted to know if any of you have heard of such a swap?

zentac
07-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Thats a big engine, I looked at them and decided to go with the 6A13 instead into the FTO.

Nick Mann
07-12-2005, 11:31 AM
ok, I'm still experimenting with the gearbox for my Galant.. the 4G63 tranny will not fit.. starter motor and everything just doesn't add up... I have a 3.0 V6 Twin Turbo 3000GT engine which was supposed to go in my car but is down for repair and overhauling ATM... I'm wondering if I can use the tranny.. I will experiment with it but I wanted to know if any of you have heard of such a swap?

That engine has the gearbox on the other side of the car. I would imagine that will make it a million times harder than the Evo box. Are the shafts the same distance and design on the Evo box? Would it be possible to manufacture a hybrid bell housing so it fits?

zentac
07-12-2005, 04:08 PM
That engine has the gearbox on the other side of the car. I would imagine that will make it a million times harder than the Evo box. Are the shafts the same distance and design on the Evo box? Would it be possible to manufacture a hybrid bell housing so it fits?

Nick the old 6A12T had the box on the drivers side as well, which I assume is what he is trying to swap out, otherwise I would have recomended an FTO gearbox which sit on the passangers side.

Nick Mann
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Nick the old 6A12T had the box on the drivers side as well, which I assume is what he is trying to swap out, otherwise I would have recomended an FTO gearbox which sit on the passangers side.

D'Oh!! /dunce

Sports GT
07-12-2005, 11:36 PM
I am actually sourcing an FTO tranny.. because it seems like I will end up FWD... I was just trying my hardest go retain my 4WD system... I really wanted to keep it... so I'm trying all sorts of ways to find a gearbox to keep the 4WD... so you guys are saying that I should try the 3000GT gearbox which is on the same side?

zentac
07-12-2005, 11:49 PM
what is wrong with your current gearbox?

If you want to source an FTO one go through www.japco.co.uk tell him Rich with the VR4FTO sent you :)

Sports GT
08-12-2005, 12:03 AM
I have an automatic gearbox which has gone bad.. the changes are lazy, it doesn't shift into gear right away, it feels messed up.. I read that there is a weakness in those trannys so I want to get rid of it... but I cannot seem to find a manual gearbox anywhere and repairing the auto is too expensive.

Gly
08-12-2005, 06:36 AM
i know you are in a different country,

www.kempys.co.nz

they should have the box you need, and will ship outside NZ as far as i know

zentac
08-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Im about to order a gearbox from kempys if I cant find one this weekend in this country.

Sports GT
15-12-2005, 12:14 AM
I had no luck with Kempys... I searched the site and didn't see anything, and I sent a msg telling them what I needed with all my details and no luck or response... I really need help locating this guys.. can anyone source this for me please....

zentac
15-12-2005, 09:38 AM
I tell my guysat work this every day, email is not the best form of communication, when people are busy they ignore emails. Pick the phone up and phone them.

Sports GT
23-12-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm still looking for a manual gearbox.. luck is surely not on my side.. and I fear that shipping from NZ, AU or the UK is going to be too steep a price for me seeing that I'm in the C'bbean and I still have had no word from Kempy's... but I guess I have no choice.. can anyone source one for my 6A12TT please?.. or is anyone just sellin the gearbox rather than the whole car like other people :(

Sports GT
30-12-2005, 07:12 AM
ok I guess everybody is just about fed up of hearing my tranny probs and lack of resources but I will still update and if I'm goin wrong please tell me..

we have decided to go with the Evo gearbox... a guy here fitted it on his V6 galant N/A and told us for it to work, since most of the bolts line up... we simply need to cut off the starter motor from my old 6A12 Auto tranny... and weld it to the 4G63 gearbox in the place I want it... I want to know what ya'll think... and if it is likely to work..

Nick Mann
31-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Go for it! Let us know how you get on.