PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU like?

Physician
01-12-2005, 07:46 PM
As we know, there are various Galant 'models', however, consider you have a 2.5 TT VR4 with the following ........... what other enhancement, system would you like to have on your car? Or what would you change or even remove?

You have:
ASC
AYC
TCL
ABS
4 x 4
Full leather interior
Sunroof
Elec folding mirrors
Heated wipers
Cruise control

bernmc
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
I'd scrap the TCL - pointless. Also the sunroof. Might add recaros if they're std seats. Then down the usual tuning route - exhaust, boost etc! Maby some HID headlamps?

Brunty
01-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Heated seats
Quality speakers as standard
Improved range (mpg and/or fuel tank size)

bradc
01-12-2005, 08:02 PM
mitsi should have given us TD04's in stock form.... I would also like cruise control on mine. I don't like leather, I'd like to keep my recaros and momo wheel thanks.

KiwiTT
01-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Lowered Suspension - i.e. the Ralliart Option Pack, like mine.
17" Alloy wheels - got them
Uprated brakes - will get.

WildCards
01-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Lose the sunroof and swap the leather interior for Recaros. Would add Top spec HiFi, Dolby Pro Logic 9 speaker jobby like the Volvo V70R's had as an option. Suspension package and uprated brakes as mentioned by KiwiTT. Nothing else really, it just means you have to do less bits yourself!

Funkstar
01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Would have liked cruise control too. And MMCS that worked over here.

Otherwise, ejecting passenger seat, oil slick button, bullet proof screen and 2 machines guns out front. All as standard.

Kieran
01-12-2005, 09:48 PM
You have near as dammit described my car there Richard - it's got all of that.

Unlike many, I think the TCL is a lifesaver and it would stay.

As for additions:

Fully adjustable air suspension (having driven a Soarer 4.0 GT-L)
Better brakes
Higher quality carpeting, leather and sound deadening
A more 'quality' feel to the car - such as how the doors shut, the level of NVH, etc etc.
MMCS or a Toyota EMV
Chrome radiator grille (like mine)
Depending on how they looked, chrome window surrounds.
Stainless Kick plates all round (like Andy's)
Cruise Control
Improved location of service items; (rear spark plugs easier to get to, filters (particularly ATF) easier to remove, AYC fill plug in a less silly place, etc.
Auxilliary instrumentation- bulb warnings, service reminders, fuel/trip computer, temp/pressure for oil and ATF, volts, boost, etc.
A switchable engine and gearbox ECU with a 'economy' mode - Turn off turbo boost and therefore reduce the need to run so rich whilst on the daily commute (but with a kickdown override like the UK automatics have).
Improved sound system
Parking sensors
Addition and improvement of ATF, engine and differential filtration/cooling systems, for increased trackday durability.

Some performance tweaks but nothing silly.

Hmmm! Actually, that's quite a hard question that requires considerable thought. No doubt i'll add to this list! /yes

That's about it. Wouldn't faff around with wheels and bodykits etc.

Paul Beazer
01-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Personally i be happy with just a VR4 in any form!!

TCL probably mot
MMCS naaah
AYC yep, 3 bars please!
Some performance tweaks would be fine.
Moo cow seats also yes.
Sunroof - also yes, makes inside sooo much lighter.
Oh and a bomb proof gearbox please :thumbsup:

caishanvr4
01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Trip computer that tells u when your about to come to a shuddering stop due to misscalculating your FUEL LEVEL /help

Physician
02-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Some interesting observations from y'all ...........

Personally I would prefer a larger engine to lug the considerable weight around - maybe a 3.0 - 3.5 litre. (But this starts to change the dynamics of the machine considerably).

An oil pressure gauge and cruise control (on mine) would be nice as would 17 inch wheels to accomodate larger brakes.

Something I would really find useful ........ for track days in particular - would be a 'heads-up' display of RPM and what gear is presently selected. (Because I use the manual side on track and it's hard to tell if the box has allowed a downchange often - at high RPM). But I guess the technology is only just coming to market on some vehicles.

Thanks for responding. :thumbsup:

psbarham
02-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Something I would really find useful ........ for track days in particular - would be a 'heads-up' display of RPM and what gear is presently selected. (Because I use the manual side on track and it's hard to tell if the box has allowed a downchange often - at high RPM). But I guess the technology is only just coming to market on some vehicles.

Thanks for responding. :thumbsup:
http://www.kmc-products.com/images/hud%20up.pdf does that help , the fto club is sorting out a deal for these at about 70 quid :thumbsup:

psbarham
02-12-2005, 05:39 PM
sensible section first :rolleyes4

330 mm discs for the front
new cams for a bit more oooooooomph
e-manage of some sort (no not yet glenn /pan )
better inlet manifold cox mitsubishi can't build them for toffee :inquisiti
manual box with lsd
trip computer

not so sensible section :evil2:

vr4 engine turned
converted to rwd (lexus 6spd box ) with lsd (look out simon)
fully adjustable rose jointed suspension
stack digital dash board

/Hmmm

Kieran
02-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Or something like this.... They pop up on Ebay every now and again.

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/concept/concept_top.html

I had the Defi VSD compass (now end of life) in my V6 Sport. Very bright and easy to read, without causing too much glare.

WildCards
02-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Does the VR4 not have LSD? I thought it was all done by the AYC.

Nick Mann
02-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Bigger brakes........check!
More power............check!

:rolleyes4

Still would like:
Recaro Interior, or maybe heated/electric/better fitting leather seats.
And maybe a bit more power! :p

Robotnik123
03-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Was cruise control available as an option on the VR4 galant / legnum? Anyone know if some sorta after market cruise control is available for fitting to our cars?

Would have liked cruise control too. And MMCS that worked over here.

Otherwise, ejecting passenger seat, oil slick button, bullet proof screen and 2 machines guns out front. All as standard.

strapping young lad
04-12-2005, 01:25 AM
TCL?

wassat?

Nick Mann
04-12-2005, 01:49 AM
TCL is traction control.

And there are VR4's with cruise, so it must have been an option at some poijnt.

Rossco Type-S
04-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Cruise control would be great, they really don't like sticking to the speed limit.

richy rich
04-12-2005, 08:48 AM
You have near as dammit described my car there Richard - it's got all of that.

Unlike many, I think the TCL is a lifesaver and it would stay.

As for additions:

Fully adjustable air suspension (having driven a Soarer 4.0 GT-L)
Better brakes
Higher quality carpeting, leather and sound deadening
A more 'quality' feel to the car - such as how the doors shut, the level of NVH, etc etc.
MMCS or a Toyota EMV
Chrome radiator grille (like mine)
Depending on how they looked, chrome window surrounds.
Stainless Kick plates all round (like Andy's)
Cruise Control
Improved location of service items; (rear spark plugs easier to get to, filters (particularly ATF) easier to remove, AYC fill plug in a less silly place, etc.
Auxilliary instrumentation- bulb warnings, service reminders, fuel/trip computer, temp/pressure for oil and ATF, volts, boost, etc.
A switchable engine and gearbox ECU with a 'economy' mode - Turn off turbo boost and therefore reduce the need to run so rich whilst on the daily commute (but with a kickdown override like the UK automatics have).
Improved sound system
Parking sensors
Addition and improvement of ATF, engine and differential filtration/cooling systems, for increased trackday durability.

Some performance tweaks but nothing silly.

Hmmm! Actually, that's quite a hard question that requires considerable thought. No doubt i'll add to this list! /yes

That's about it. Wouldn't faff around with wheels and bodykits etc.

k youve forgot self cleaning car :joker:

strapping young lad
04-12-2005, 09:19 AM
cruise control definitely!

its in mine and its the best invention ever

im driving a friggin scenic at the mo and its doing my nut in

your driving position is like driving a van!

and it has no oomph like mine!

but the cruise makes a hell of a difference on a quiet motorway

WildCards
05-12-2005, 01:45 PM
im driving a friggin scenic at the mo and its doing my nut in your driving position is like driving a van!

Woah!! big fella, nothing wrong with the Scenic /grr

But you're right, it is like driving a van/bus.