PDA

View Full Version : VR-4 Gearbox

Sports GT
02-12-2005, 11:45 PM
I currently have a 1995 Galant Sports GT aka Hatchback VR4 with a 6A12TT but an automatic transmission.. the transmission went bad but I opt to make a manual conversion.. this has been hell because I cannot find a gearbox that will fit anywhere... and I refuse to go back to an Automatic... I was advised that the Manual gear box from an Evolution would fit but upon trying the swap, we realized that it doesn't.. the transfer case doesn't fit, and the gearbox simply doesn't fit.. I want to keep it 4WD. does anyone know what tranny I can use?.. and why the 4G63 gearbox won't fit... I really need help because everything else is in place except the tranny.

Tony 16vGTI
03-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Hi
Just spotted your thread and would like to offer you a possible solution to your problem.
I have a 1994 Sports GT for sale (see for sale & wtd)
It is not that expensive and is in good condition.
Have a think about it.
Tony

Sports GT
03-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Nah, I don't need the whole car, I just want a manual gearbox to fit it and keep the 4WD.. whichever car it's from, it doesn't matter.. I just need the gearbox.. I have everything else including upgrade intercooler and injectors along with a manual boost controller

Gly
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
www.kempys.co.nz

they will have what you want and ship overseas.