PDA

View Full Version : Glasses compartment?

Alscort
06-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Does any body know how to take out the glasses compartment just above the ash tray? Any help because i cant figure it out without taking the dashboard apart? /Hmmm

strapping young lad
06-12-2005, 02:36 PM
there are instructions somewhere on this forum and also in the galant workshop manual i bought off ebay

can check when i get home but probably someone is goign to reply before then anyway! :)

Alscort
06-12-2005, 03:15 PM
there are instructions somewhere on this forum and also in the galant workshop manual i bought off ebay

can check when i get home but probably someone is goign to reply before then anyway! :)

Thanks mate, I wouldn't mind getting one of those manuals? was it expensive?

WildCards
06-12-2005, 03:55 PM
These are them

fleaBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-GALANT-LEGNUM-HANDBOOK-96-02-NEW_W0QQitemZ4595589809QQcategoryZ10400QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

It says UK only postage, but if you ask nicely they might post. Or get another member to buy it and post it.

Steve

WildCards
06-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Ignore me

strapping young lad
06-12-2005, 04:08 PM
it depends, are they a kosher item and not "borrowed" from 'bishi?

if its above board then no, but they are a couple of quid and well worth it

just need to make sure you have adobe acrobat and patience when you use it cos there are tons of pdf's!

Gly
06-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Does any body know how to take out the glasses compartment just above the ash tray? Any help because i cant figure it out without taking the dashboard apart? /Hmmm

you have to remove that whole section of panel (around the ac and stereo)
just pull!!

and then remove the screws and springs on the rear that hold the pocket in place

KEENY
03-03-2006, 08:17 PM
if your going to be getting rid of your glasses compartment i wouldnt mind buying it from you. mine is busted........ not good :inquisiti

Funkstar
04-03-2006, 01:10 AM
if your going to be getting rid of your glasses compartment i wouldnt mind buying it from you. mine is busted........ not good :inquisiti

Hey Keeny. If you need any parts just get hold of Mo - Zedy1. I'm sure he will have a spare glasses case available. PM him.

richy rich
04-03-2006, 10:52 AM
you have to remove that whole section of panel (around the ac and stereo)
just pull!!

and then remove the screws and springs on the rear that hold the pocket in place
as said above but if i remember rightly you have to take the trim from around the gear stick first (on vr4 any way)

WildCards
04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Richy Rich is right. I was horrified when Nick started taking my dash to bits the other week, only to learn that is the proper method. Few!

bernmc
05-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Its not often that members of this forum talk tosh, but luckily I'm here to save the day ;)

You do NOT have to remove ANY of the centre dash to get the sunglasses holder out. And to prove it, I've just done it to take some pics for you!

It is a self-contained unit that mounts to the centre console with two spring clips. Pic below - sorry about the dodgy quality.

Remove the trim panel from the pssenger well (pic) - three screws -one behind the little pop off cover in the centre of the panel, one at the bottom corner of the glove box, and the final one at the top inner corner of the glovebox, which you'll need to open to get at the screw.

If you look throught the side of the centre console, you'll be able to see the back of the sunglasses holder. The clip is on the side, in the middle. Just push it down and pop it. The one on the other side is a bit fiddly to get at, and you need a strong finger to unclip it. Then just pull the whole thing out the front of the console. Be careful not to pull on the hinged door - its hinges are very delicate and will snap easily.

Thank you. Elevations to godhood gratefully accepted. Thank you, thank you - no, only throw notes - coins hurt. Alright, settle down now...:evilgrin: :evilgrin: