PDA

View Full Version : Where to go from here (mod's)?

SNWMAD
07-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Ok, i need a hand from the people in the know.
I've had my legnum for around 3 months and have started mod'n it. What i need to know now is what is the best and cheapest way to get the most performance from here.

At the moment i have install are
Heavy duty clutch kit,
pod filter,
iridium plugs,
Gizzmo electronic boost controller,
mandrel bend intercooler piping,
sports suspension
and it as a 2 3/4 Inch mandrel bend exhaust from the flexi pip back.

I have been looking at a 300 by 600 by 75mm intercooler, but have been reading mixed reviews about that upgrade.
The wagon still has the standard pipes from the turbos to the flexi and am thinking that that may be my best option at the moment.

One other thing, turbo's, i've heard that the upgrading turbo's can't be to big as they won't fit? What type of turbo's do most people upgrade them with.

Any help would be great.

Nick Mann
07-12-2005, 02:56 PM
One other thing, turbo's, i've heard that the upgrading turbo's can't be to big as they won't fit? What type of turbo's do most people upgrade them with.

Most people don't upgrade their turbos! Two members are currently trying bigger turbos keeping the twin setup and a couple of members are loking at big single turbos but there is no hard evidence and solid experience to say which way is best at the moment. There are good stories and articles in the members area to browse!

I would say your next step is fuelling. You have played plenty with the air flow and can control it with the boost controller. That should have given you 30ish more bhp. Now sort the fuelling out with a piggy back and a couple of hours tuning on a rolling road. If this is done well it could give you another 10-20 bhp, at a guess.

AllBeItMine
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
get an safc or emanage or similar fuel controller. members have achieved up to 30kw at the wheels with getting the car tuned correctly.

SNWMAD
11-12-2005, 11:18 AM
You both mention that the feuling side of things will be the next best step, but what is it achieving? Will it stop the feul/boost cuts at 12psi?

Also what has been tried and tested as a good performing and priced unit?

Nick Mann
11-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Fuelling can stop fuel cuts, as long as it is set up to. Basically it tweaks the air fuel ratio to a more efficient level, meaning more power.

A couple of us have the Dastek Unichip, but if I was starting again I would go with the more popular choice of GReddy E-manage.