PDA

View Full Version : sagging?

ritch_w
07-12-2005, 02:05 PM
just noticed my rear drivers side wheel arch appears to sit lower than the rear left one..... rear drivers side approx 63 cm from ground to centre of arch, rear left approx 65cm /Hmmm

springs etc look OK seated correctly, dont look like they have split, (without actually taking them out...)

any ideas??

HJM
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Yeah - tell Wouter to get out of the car :joker:

Wouter
07-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Yeah - tell Wouter to get out of the car :joker:

Which one of you said that?

If it was Jane: Becareful, or I will take away your wine!!

If it was Heath: When the evo goes on track I will be playing bumper cars with your car!! Is that understood Supra-boy! /grr

Nick Mann
07-12-2005, 02:42 PM
To get back on topic, ignoring the comments about Wouters size, have you tried parking it somewhere else and checking? My drive does a similar thing to the ride height. Turning the car 180 degrees doesn't help either as the same two springs are compressed. Try a different area, eg a supermarket car park so you can turn the car 90 degrees and check again.

Kieran
07-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Think nick's got it. The front of the car can be uneven if the shocks aren't seated correctly in their carriers (the bit that bolts to the lower arm) but not the rears - unless you're missing the rubber bushing from the top spring mount or something?

Wodjno
07-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Also check your Tyre pressures as i was about to have mine checked over by Mitsy as 1 side rear was 40mm higher than the other. And if i remember right, side that was higher was the side that had 10psi in. Being low profiles you could hardly tell with the tyre and it took a trained eye to actually notice what was wrong :embarasse The Missus noticed i had a flat :embarasse /help

Wodjno
13-01-2006, 04:09 AM
I guess you got this sorted :inquisiti

What was the outcome /Hmmm

ritch_w
13-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I guess you got this sorted :inquisiti

What was the outcome /Hmmm

driveway :embarasse its fine parked in the street!