PDA

View Full Version : My Cardomain site is on Google!

Brind
12-09-2003, 11:48 PM
After seeing the performance effects from Pete's new wheels I decided to look up the weight of mine.. so entered Fondmetal 6800 and to my surprise saw a brief description of what I wrote on my cardomain site and obviously a link to my site!
Not only a link to my site but it was only at THE TOP of the Google search. :cool: :cool:

Fondmetal 6800

SGHOM
12-09-2003, 11:57 PM
might be able to beat that !!! if you go on ask jeeves & type in mitsubishi legnum VR4... club VR4 comes up 4th, out of 207 !! :beerbang: :hurrah:

Brind
13-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Barry entered this site into many search engines etc, I didn't do a thing.. which is why I'm shocked. :wiggle:

BraindG
13-09-2003, 01:24 AM
as i said... want a website optimised.. im the man.. you just have to look at how far up the search engines clubvr4 is.. to understand how good i can do my job :D

BraindG
13-09-2003, 04:25 PM
<-- spot who was drunk again lastnight... i must remember not to switch on pc when i get home :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

anyway..
cardomain itself is a very highly linked website.. google loves links.. the more links yyou have, the higher up the tree you go..

So add the fact google likes links, cardomain is highly spidered and the fact there are 95 hits intotal for "Fondmetal 6800" - you can see why your up so high..

take clubvr4 for example..
enter galant vrr4 - and out of 8240 links we are within top 5.. now if you have google bar, you should look at the first site.. look at the backwards links INSERT INTO post VALUES (one of the options on the google bar) you will see he has many links on his site.. which are mainly from all his other pages on his site pointing to the index page.. hence the reason i have put index on the hotlinks at the bottom of each page... i have also done this for clubvr4.co.nz so shortly, after the results from the last google spider we should see a huge increase in searchablilty INSERT INTO post VALUES (if thats a word) for galant vr4.. perhaps even shoving it to the elusive number one spot...

as well as all of this, you can see links from other pages on the backwards links page - one i believe is from rhys's profile on car domain.. so if you have a cardomain porfile.. would you mind adding a link to clubvr4? will add another link to the site, which in turn increases this sites rating..

BraindG
13-09-2003, 04:29 PM
hmm, just checked.. no link from rhys profile found on backwards links for clubvr4..

im sure there was before :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Brind
13-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Thought there was some techie reason.
However I'm still chuffed my page hit Google. :)

If you search the VR-4 hits which only mods and yourself can see Barry you'll see 6 people have come here from my cardomain site too. :)
But then it isn't surprising since I have two links per page INSERT INTO post VALUES (4 pages) directing towards this site :D .. have 3 on my main page.

BraindG
13-09-2003, 05:01 PM
good job anyways :D

Brind
13-09-2003, 05:57 PM
I've been adding specific info trying to see what else it will be picked up for. :D

Any ideas how often Google or cardomain update this search.

BraindG
13-09-2003, 06:05 PM
once a month..
basically.. at start of each month it should have been updated..

Brind
13-09-2003, 06:08 PM
Ah, cheers. :)

Brind
13-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Page 11 is owned by me too with 'Galant VR-4' :cool: