PDA

View Full Version : aircon/climate control setup

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 03:55 AM
since getting my car back ive noticed when using the climate control i dont have the option of it being WITHOUT the ECO setting

when i press the snowflake looking button i get eco, press it again i get eco again, press it again and it disappears from the screen (the picture of the fan i think)

is something buggered or can i do something about it?

Nick Mann
10-12-2005, 08:46 AM
I think it's fine? As it is cold outside it over rides full a/c with the eco a/c setting. The first setting is full a/c but the car ain't going to use it when the outside temperature is the same as your fridge!

I'll have a play later.

psbarham
10-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I think it's fine? As it is cold outside it over rides full a/c with the eco a/c setting. The first setting is full a/c but the car ain't going to use it when the outside temperature is the same as your fridge!

I'll have a play later.
no it should still have the option of full air con , mitsu recomend running full air con when its cold and damp to dry the air out and reduce huffing of the windscreen , SYL try disconeting the battery for a bit , that might do it

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
rightio

incidentally

when i press the defrost windscreen button

the ECO thing disappears and i just have the circular thing instead

great for techie descriptions aint i!

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 11:12 AM
how long should it be disconnected from the battery for?

psbarham
10-12-2005, 12:10 PM
a couple of minutes should do it

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 12:35 PM
took it out to wash it this morning and for some reason the aircon works fine now

WEIRD!

Paul Beazer
10-12-2005, 05:11 PM
It sounds fine. Mine does that as well sometime, i think its got more to do with the outside temp, i.e. when its could outside there is no need for full aircon. Also mine take a few minutes before it start really blasting the fan, dunno why tho?!

strapping young lad
10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
well its all well and good

must say gear-change is so much smoother now than before

feels more positive

Nick Mann
10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Also mine take a few minutes before it start really blasting the fan, dunno why tho?!

You mean on a cold daywhen you first start the car? That is because the aircon unit waits for the heat supply (the engine!) to get warm before it starts trying to pump lots of warm air into the car!